Forums

Topic: Cartoon General Disscusion Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 305

Ketchupcat

RR529 wrote:

Well, as you may or may not know, one of the main Griffins in Family Guy is going to die this season, to be replaced by a new family member (as has been confirmed by McFarlane himself).

Sadly, I think it's going to be Chris. My reasoning is this...

Next season will start off with a FG/Simpsons crossover, and they mentioned how all the characters will bond (Stewie joins Bart in pranks, Marge & Lois bond, Lisa tries finding Meg's talent, while Peter & Homer argue about beer), and I realized Chris wasn't mentioned, so that's why I think he's getting the axe.

It also makes sense, considering he's the character that gets the least amount of attention & story lines.

EDIT: It's also been confirmed that Thelma (Peter's mom) will die this season, but that appears to be a different unrelated to the other statement. Also, Cleveland will be returning, since the Cleveland Show is cancelled.

I heard about that. I was kinda hoping that Chip would actually die at the end of the episode so they wouldn't have to kill a main family member.
Come to think of it, didn't they say The Simpsons is killing of a main character too?

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

Retro_on_theGo

UUUUUGH. Who the heck demanded the Cleveland Show back? And I can't believe one of the Griffins is gonna be killed off the show. I guess Chris would make sense because maybe Seth Green wants to focus more on his own stuff? I doubt that has much to do with it though, since voicing chris doesn't take up too much of his time. Well, I stopped watching family guy years ago so that's surprising to hear but not entirely interesting.

Ketchupcat

Well, that episode has happened, everything's said and done. What do you guys think? I honestly don't find the new character that bad, and after all, we only got a few minutes to really get to know him. Either way, I've heard he's coming back- apparently there's footage of a new episode with both him and Cleveland. The theories I've seen say that

In the Christmas special, Stewie will run into his past self buying toys for the future, and use his time machine to go back and save him.

Edited on by Ketchupcat

Wheeler

Shows from my childhood:

Action League Now! (one of my favorites)
Hey Arnold!
Ed, Edd n Eddy
Tom & Jerry (Classic Version)
Pinky & The Brain
Johnny Bravo
Swat Kats
Real Adventures of Johnny Quest
Animaniacs
Rocko's Modern Life
The Angry Beavers
ChalkZone
My Life As a Teenage Robot
Samurai Jack
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Speedy Gonzales
Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers (what happen to you, Disney )
TaleSpin
Goof Troop
Gargoyles

I know there's more shows I forgot to add.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Wheeler

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Shows from my childhood:

Action League Now! (one of my favorites)
Hey Arnold!
Ed, Edd n Eddy
Tom & Jerry (Classic Version)
Pinky & The Brain
Johnny Bravo
Swat Kats
Real Adventures of Johnny Quest
Animaniacs
Rocko's Modern Life
The Angry Beavers
ChalkZone
My Life As a Teenage Robot
Samurai Jack
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Speedy Gonzales
Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers (what happen to you, Disney )
TaleSpin
Goof Troop
Gargoyles

I know there's more shows I forgot to add.

I remember more now:

Magic School Bus
Captain Planet
Recess
Inspector Gadget
Totally Spies (sis made me watch with her)
Kids Next Door

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Ketchupcat

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'm surprised they didn't kill meg. They could have even just made it a joke. Good thing I always never really liked Brian. Or watch the show at all anymore.

I think the reason was that pretty much no one liked Brian anymore. Maybe if they do bring him back they'll try to change his character a little.

Wheeler

Started watching Action League Now! I miss this show so much. The intro always makes me laugh.

Here's one of the episodes I'm watching.

Wheeler

LzWinky

I cringe at some of the new cartoon previews. They're not as...brave as Animaniacs

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ketchupcat

My favorite cartoon (and show) now is Axe Cop. It's based on a webcomic of the same name, created by a 5 year old and his 29 year old brother. It has some really awesome moments and action, and the whole thing is hilarious because it's so ridiculous! Here's a typical plotline: Axe Cop goes on a night mission to save Bat Warthog Man's friends from the King Of All Bad Guys, while along the way, he is joined by Gray Diamond and Army Chihuahua. But of course, the only way to defeat the King Of All Bad Guys is with a giant dinosaur horn. Luckily, they're available at the dinosaur horn store on Dinosaur Horn Planet.

the_shpydar

CanisWolfred wrote:

^That...can't be real. It's like what a parody of 80's action cartoons would look like.

Indeed, it is real. It was only a 5 episode mini-series (apparently it either didn't get greenlit for a full syndication run, or something fell through).
There was even a toy line associated with it:
Untitled

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

SheldonRandoms

Rambo even had a cartoon series, because R-rated movies make the best kids shows, am I right?

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Retro_on_theGo

So yeah I'm just gonna go ahead and bump this thread for RICK AND MORTY!!! Seriously! I cannot stress enough how absolutely BRILLIANT this show is. THIS is the best cartoon of any American animation studio in the past decade. I do not hesitate to say that. (pretty sure Courage, Ed's, and anything else I absolutely love came out like 3-4 years before 2003 so I can safely say that. Although that puts Foster's into question, which was fantastic…)
It's just so funny, smart, self aware, breaking the status quo for these type of shows, has so much love put into it, just all around great. Yeah, sadly, it's not for everyone, since they are some really messed up jokes. But I still highly recommend anyone to watch an episode. I've absolutely fallen in love with it,

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So yeah I'm just gonna go ahead and bump this thread for RICK AND MORTY!!! Seriously! I cannot stress enough how absolutely BRILLIANT this show is. THIS is the best cartoon of any American animation studio in the past decade. I do not hesitate to say that. (pretty sure Courage, Ed's, and anything else I absolutely love came out like 3-4 years before 2003 so I can safely say that. Although that puts Foster's into question, which was fantastic…)
It's just so funny, smart, self aware, breaking the status quo for these type of shows, has so much love put into it, just all around great. Yeah, sadly, it's not for everyone, since they are some really messed up jokes. But I still highly recommend anyone to watch an episode. I've absolutely fallen in love with it,

My brother showed me an episode of that a few months ago. That was the best thing ever! Well, not really, but it's been a long time since a cartoon consistantly made me laugh, so it sure as hell felt like it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

Yeah, Rick & Morty is awesome. Rick reminds me of a crass Doc. Brown, which I can't help but be amused by (and I'm sure Doc. Brown is, at some level, his inspiration).

Certainly the best thing Adult Swim has put forth in ages, comedy wise (almost up there with Venture Bros. & Robot Chicken, IMO).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Neko_Chan wrote:

I remember watching this half anime and half cartoon called Martin Mystery on Nicktoons Network back in 2008. The show was about supernatural beings and aliens, like the show Supernatural. The characters were all interesting, especially Billy, who looks like a baby Piccolo. It has some great comedic moments, overall, an underrated cartoon.

Yeah, I remember that, but I think I didn't watch it much because it reminded me of Totally Spies (which I wouldn't watch, because you know, it's for girls ;P).

Also, what's a half anime half cartoon? It's just a cartoon whose art style is inspired by anime, it's still just a cartoon (not that that's a bad thing).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.