Forums

Topic: Cartoon General Disscusion Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 305

iwanttodie

Why am I subscribed to Jimbles Notronbo?

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

RR529

Hey, does anyone else remember Jackie Chan Adventures?

I just remembered it earlier today, for some reason. I actually enjoyed it back in the day, and after looking it up on Wikipedia, it ran for 3 more seasons after I last watched it, so maybe I'll look into it one of these days.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Electricmastro

RR529 wrote:

I just remembered it earlier today, for some reason. I actually enjoyed it back in the day, and after looking it up on Wikipedia, it ran for 3 more seasons after I last watched it, so maybe I'll look into it one of these days.

I liked it, especially when they travel, looking for talismans and such. It wasn't until I watched this video though that I truly appreciated Jackie Chan.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Drawdler

It's funny that this topic popped up now, because I've been watching Phineas and Ferb like crazy over the past week. I already bought the first three series and watched all their episodes in about four days, I swear that this show is gonna make me go broke! x_x

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Electricmastro

Nibelilt wrote:

It's funny that this topic popped up now, because I've been watching Phineas and Ferb like crazy over the past week. I already bought the first three series and watched all their episodes in about four days, I swear that this show is gonna make me go broke! x_x

I honestly don't get what keeps people invested in watching Phineas and Ferb and still manage to enjoy the next episode as much as the previous one. I liked it when it first started, but after awhile, repeating some things over and over just got to me. I'm aware it's ambitious in terms of creative imagination, but this show still isn't exactly something I would look forward to weekly.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

RR529

BlackSpy wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo - Cartoon Network is the shovelware location of television. :/

They haven't been making good shows recently (the exceptions being ThunderCats, Sym-Bionic Titan, and the Looney Tunes Show), but they used to have great shows like Dexter's Lab, Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, Samurai Jack, Two Stupid Dogs, Teen Titans, and Justice League.

Also, Cartoon Network had the greatest animation block in the history of television, Toonami. (which introduced western audiences to Dragon Ball Z, Rurouni Kenshin, Tenchi Muyo!, Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Outlaw Star, Big O, Naruto, and Yu Yu Hakusho)

Of course, that last list was anime, but it goes to show that Cartoon Network (at least the old CN) is the furthest thing from shovelware.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Drawdler

I forgot about Thundercats. I unexpectedly enjoyed that show, and I'm still sad that it's gone now.

Electricmastro wrote:

I honestly don't get what keeps people invested in watching Phineas and Ferb and still manage to enjoy the next episode as much as the previous one. I liked it when it first started, but after awhile, repeating some things over and over just got to me. I'm aware it's ambitious in terms of creative imagination, but this show still isn't exactly something I would look forward to weekly.

I see what you mean, since it doesn't have a lot of character development. I still enjoy it a lot, though.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

SubBronze

@RR529 I miss the old Cartoon Network, Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, Dexter's Lab and Jonny Bravo most of all.

Seriously though, Jonny Bravo is just amazing.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Tasuki

RR529 wrote:

You can stream it on Netflix iirc.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

Nibelilt wrote:

I forgot about Thundercats. I unexpectedly enjoyed that show, and I'm still sad that it's gone now.

Adult Swim currently airs it on Saturday nights, during their revived Toonami block, if you ever want to watch it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

Well this certainly sucks for Futurama.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/futurama-cancelled-by-comedy-...

It was nice to see it come back especially since it was one of my favorite series. I liked it alot more than the Simpsons and even Family Guy. No word as to why its being cancelled again but maybe someone will pick it up again. In case you are wondering the last episodes (at least for now hopefully) will air September 4th.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Jaz007

HawkeyeWii wrote:

How many years do you guys think Spongebob has left?
And while you're at it, how about Simpsons as well?

I don't really watch it, but ck sonsidering it's the longest running cartoon and still going. I would say on principle the Simpsons is eternal, no matter what.

Jaz007

Midnight3DS

Gonna have fun in here. Just a warm up...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I have a ton of kid memories... something on the slightly obscure side

Untitled

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Midnight3DS

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Midnight3DS

Untitled

RR529

Midnight3DS wrote:

Untitled

Technically, that's an anime.

Oh no, I just became "that" guy...

Seriously though, although anime is just a term used for cartoons made in Japan, I think this thread was made with the intent of discussing western made cartoons, as it's seperate from the anime thread. (although the thread's creator could clear this up, if I'm wrong about their intent)

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.