Forums

Topic: Books that Should be Movies

Posts 41 to 50 of 50

bro2dragons

@Chocobo: Glad to hear it. I did assume that's what you meant, but I felt it needed to be said, lest the conversation tend toward "Books are the only good way to tell a story." I love a good, classic print-and-paper book, myself, but I'm not one to think art is better in one form than another. As long as it stays truly artful, I don't care if I'm watching a stop-motion silent film made with discarded soda cans.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

JustYourAverageBleh

Mystery by Peter Straub.

Off-Topic: Anyway, I think what makes books amazing is that, there's that sense of adventure. We're basically entering a new world only as unique as how far our comprehensibility goes. On the other hand, a movie is static, it's never going to change apart from the writer/director's vision.

IanMage

Bikeage wrote:

Ender's Game.

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

Morgana

Great...this has now become a junky, off-topic thread...sigh...

YOU WILL NEVER RISE FROM THE ASHES OF YOUR SHAME AND HUMILIATION!

theblackdragon

The_Horse_Lover wrote:

Great...this has now become a junky, off-topic thread...sigh...

I fail to see how the discussion of books and their translation to film is off-topic...? Sorry if things didn't turn out the way you planned, i suppose :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

k8sMum

i always wished they'd done more in the 'gorky park' series, especially 'polar star'. i love the character of arcady renko.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Bubbab5

Captain Underpants (I don't like the book anymore) but Id like to see what it be like just for the heck of it

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.