Forums

Topic: Best Games You've Played in 2014 (So Far)!

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

Jazzer94

I'm going to wait till I've played Shovel Knight before I post mine.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

umegames

Through Playstation plus i completed DMC, Remember me and Binary domain, all GREAT games imo, and sorely underrated, especially Remember me.
also picked up batman origins for $10, was pretty good.
100% Donkey kong tropical freeze, of course that was amazing, currently still enjoying mario kart 8.
think my next game will be wonderful 101

Full length Smash Bros Game Music Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqmCNFNaLIo

TheKingOfTown

So far, mostly Mario Kart 8 and Infamous Second Son (just recently got a PS4)

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

GuSolarFlare

A Link Between Worlds.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SkywardLink98

RR529 wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

4. inFAMOUS - I can run around saving innocents, or sucking the electricity out of their brains. The storyline is actually pretty good and the gameplay is fast and fluid.

Yeah, I'm playing through InFamous right now, and it's on track to make my list for the reasons you said. Especially the gameplay, which really makes you feel awesome.

The only things I don't like are the fact that Cole sticks to ANYTHING, which can get annoying (I'm trying to dodge a rocket here, I don't need you suddenly hugging the nearest street light, lol), and the world is a bit too grey for my tastes (though this is entirely subjective).

If you like the first one, I strongly recommend the second. It's less grey because the town it takes place in is set in a Louisiana style Mardi Gras town, so lots of neon lights. I didn't quite feel like I was grabbing on to too much stuff, so I can't really say if it addresses the issue, but the second one feels much more refined all around. It has a demo on the PS store too, so you can try it out and see if it addresses the issues.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Elduderino7256

Watch Dogs and Super Mario 3d world. I did finish Red Dead to 100%. Pretty proud of that .

Elduderino7256

bobhobob

Dust: An Elysian Tale (PC, Mac, Linux)- The game is a 2D side scrolling RPG of sorts, and it is one of the most fun, well developed and challenging games I have played in a long time. The voice acting in the game is alright too, and the graphics are pretty sweet. I got it from one of the Humble Indie Bundles a while back, but just started playing. Would recommend.

bobhobob

Nintendo Network ID: bobhobob

SavoirFaire

I'll just divide mine into 3 categories:

Wii u is mk8 without a doubt. I think this game speaks for itself.

3ds is a tough one as I have bravely default but have not got around to playing it. I did play through fire emblem this year (finally) so I guess that counts. Kirby triple deluxe and mario golf are both good games but id hesitate to call them great.

Eshop is easy. Scram kitty and his buddy on rails is just a fun, unique game. To me, that is what I want to see more of on the eshop. I have played through shovel knight, and it's a great game, but scram kitty gets my vote for indie game of the year so far. Shovel knight is a definite close second. I haven't picked up child of light yet, though, so this could change before years end.

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

UnknownNico

The Wind Waker HD (Wii U)
This game is, in my opinion, possibly the best Zelda game I've ever played. I can't believe I missed out on it when it was first released.

FTL: Faster Than Light (PC)
An addictive roguelite that'll keep you going for hours on end, with multiple ship designs, alien races, and quests. It kept me going "just one more turn", and that's exactly what I want to feel from a game. Heck, I even got to interview the developers!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC)
....Do I really need to explain this one?

I'm really running out of ideas for my signature.
I've got the power! The Hidden Power!
I used to run on blast processing. Now I'm 64-bit.
Currently playing: ARK: Survival Evolved, Splatoon
I AM STILL NEAR-PERFECT!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2246-5075

Derpscout

Best game I'd ever played was Sonic 06.

Pootis.

Joeynator3000

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, um...
....Ugh, my mind's a blank right now, only other game I can think of is Garden Warfare. I need sleep. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Storytime7

1. Shovel Knight
2. Radiant Historia
3. Fire Emblem: Awakening
4. Xenoblade Chronicles
5. Shantae

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Note: All following games were first played by me in the year of 2014 or in the last week of 2013.
4. inFAMOUS - I can run around saving innocents, or sucking the electricity out of their brains. The storyline is actually pretty good and the gameplay is fast and fluid.

I played that one this year, too. Unfortunately didn't enjoy it too much, but nice to know others can get something out of the experience. I have InFAMOUS 2 (which I hear is better), so hopefully I'll enjoy that game more than the first when I get around to playing it.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.