General Discussion Forum

Topic: Best Games You've Played in 2014 (So Far)!

Showing 21 to 37 of 37

AuthorMessage

SuperPokefan95

21. Posted:

Since I got my Wii U this year, the list will mostly be comprised of the Wii U games I have. So, other than W101, in no particular order:

1) The Wonderful 101 - I bought this game because I had heard that it was really good and it did not disappoint. I loved the soundtrack, the humor, the characters, and the gameplay. I have never experienced a game like this before and I'm glad I did buy it because it is my favorite game on the Wii U.

2) Mario Kart 8 - This is really the first Mario Kart game that I actually own. I played Mario Kart DS, Wii, and 7 but they were my cousin's so I never got to play it as much as I did 8. I like a lot of the new tracks in the game and a lot of classic tracks. The soundtrack is also fantastic and this game looks amazing. I'm really happy I bought this game.

3) Pikmin 3 - This was the game I got with the MK8 free game promotion and it was also my first Pikmin game. For being my first dive into the Pikmin series, I really liked what I played. This game always kept me on my toes and really tense when traversing the areas, (especially the last area). The game was a little annoying at times, (like when I beat the flying boss in the river area. My winged pikmin were taking stuff back and they got caught in the spider things web and I lost nearly all 40 of them -_- I reset of course and took sweet revenge on the spider) but I really enjoyed it and I would be willing to buy a Pikmin 4, should that ever come to be.

4) Super Mario 3D World - This is hands down my favorite 3D Mario game to date. I loved that I could play finally as characters other than Mario in a 3D Mario game. The soundtrack is really good and the graphics looked really nice. I'd say that my favorite character to play as would have to be Mario, Peach, and Rosalina.

5) Mega Man Zero Collection - I finally beat all 4 of the Zero games after putting it off for a year and I loved every single one of them. I think I like Zero 4 and Zero 3 the most out of the 4 games but Zero 1 and Zero 2 are still great games. I can also say that I like these games, (Z3 & Z4 mostly) over the ZX series which was my first introduction to the Mega Man series, (though I still love those games and I still want a 3rd game).

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95

AuthorMessage

eviLaTtenDant

22. Posted:

Tom Clancy'sGhost Recon: Shadow Wars 3D (3DS) - I started playing this when it first came out and thought it wouldn't hurt to try not levelling up my troop after a level. I still got far but there was one mission that i just couldn't win this way. When i played Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon just trying to get everything downloadable before Wi-Fi ends i really got in a mood to play a game like this again. I can't quite estimate how much gaming time i'll have each day atm so i thought it'd be a good idea to play a game i've already seen a lot of before.
And there i am, even enjoying this one much more than i remember and never getting bored of it. Now the story might not trigger a lot of empathy for anything but the gameplay is so amazingly refined that this will surely go down as one of my favourite games ever.

Edited on by eviLaTtenDant

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

23. Posted:

1. Donkey Kong Country - Tropical Freeze
2. Child of Light

Edited on by Miss_Dark

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

24. Posted:

I'm going to wait till I've played Shovel Knight before I post mine.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

umegames

25. Posted:

Through Playstation plus i completed DMC, Remember me and Binary domain, all GREAT games imo, and sorely underrated, especially Remember me.
also picked up batman origins for $10, was pretty good.
100% Donkey kong tropical freeze, of course that was amazing, currently still enjoying mario kart 8.
think my next game will be wonderful 101

Full length Smash Bros Game Music Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqmCNFNaLIo

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

26. Posted:

So far, mostly Mario Kart 8 and Infamous Second Son (just recently got a PS4)

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

27. Posted:

A Link Between Worlds.

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

28. Posted:

Mario Kart 8
Stick It To the Man
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

29. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

4. inFAMOUS - I can run around saving innocents, or sucking the electricity out of their brains. The storyline is actually pretty good and the gameplay is fast and fluid.

Yeah, I'm playing through InFamous right now, and it's on track to make my list for the reasons you said. Especially the gameplay, which really makes you feel awesome.

The only things I don't like are the fact that Cole sticks to ANYTHING, which can get annoying (I'm trying to dodge a rocket here, I don't need you suddenly hugging the nearest street light, lol), and the world is a bit too grey for my tastes (though this is entirely subjective).

If you like the first one, I strongly recommend the second. It's less grey because the town it takes place in is set in a Louisiana style Mardi Gras town, so lots of neon lights. I didn't quite feel like I was grabbing on to too much stuff, so I can't really say if it addresses the issue, but the second one feels much more refined all around. It has a demo on the PS store too, so you can try it out and see if it addresses the issues.

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Elduderino7256

30. Posted:

Watch Dogs and Super Mario 3d world. I did finish Red Dead to 100%. Pretty proud of that .

Elduderino7256

AuthorMessage

Bobhobob

31. Posted:

Dust: An Elysian Tale (PC, Mac, Linux)- The game is a 2D side scrolling RPG of sorts, and it is one of the most fun, well developed and challenging games I have played in a long time. The voice acting in the game is alright too, and the graphics are pretty sweet. I got it from one of the Humble Indie Bundles a while back, but just started playing. Would recommend.

is rly good

Nintendo Network ID: bobhobob

AuthorMessage

SavoirFaire

32. Posted:

I'll just divide mine into 3 categories:

Wii u is mk8 without a doubt. I think this game speaks for itself.

3ds is a tough one as I have bravely default but have not got around to playing it. I did play through fire emblem this year (finally) so I guess that counts. Kirby triple deluxe and mario golf are both good games but id hesitate to call them great.

Eshop is easy. Scram kitty and his buddy on rails is just a fun, unique game. To me, that is what I want to see more of on the eshop. I have played through shovel knight, and it's a great game, but scram kitty gets my vote for indie game of the year so far. Shovel knight is a definite close second. I haven't picked up child of light yet, though, so this could change before years end.

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

AuthorMessage

UnknownNico

33. Posted:

The Wind Waker HD (Wii U)
This game is, in my opinion, possibly the best Zelda game I've ever played. I can't believe I missed out on it when it was first released.

FTL: Faster Than Light (PC)
An addictive roguelite that'll keep you going for hours on end, with multiple ship designs, alien races, and quests. It kept me going "just one more turn", and that's exactly what I want to feel from a game. Heck, I even got to interview the developers!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC)
....Do I really need to explain this one?

Hail Sithis.
I've got the power! The Hidden Power!
"That's the way we wash our hands, FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!"-JonTron
Yes, yes, I run on blast processing.
Currently playing: Painkiller: Hell and Damnation, Borderlands 2
I AM STILL NEAR-PERFECT!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2246-5075

AuthorMessage

Derpscout

34. Posted:

Best game I'd ever played was Sonic 06.

Pootis.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

35. Posted:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, um...
....Ugh, my mind's a blank right now, only other game I can think of is Garden Warfare. I need sleep. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Storytime7

36. Posted:

1. Shovel Knight
2. Radiant Historia
3. Fire Emblem: Awakening
4. Xenoblade Chronicles
5. Shantae

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Note: All following games were first played by me in the year of 2014 or in the last week of 2013.
4. inFAMOUS - I can run around saving innocents, or sucking the electricity out of their brains. The storyline is actually pretty good and the gameplay is fast and fluid.

I played that one this year, too. Unfortunately didn't enjoy it too much, but nice to know others can get something out of the experience. I have InFAMOUS 2 (which I hear is better), so hopefully I'll enjoy that game more than the first when I get around to playing it.

Storytime7

AuthorMessage

Kodeen

37. Posted:

Nehrim: At Fate's Edge - A total conversion mod for Oblivion, and is better than Oblivion in most ways. One of the best stories I've seen in an open world RPG.

Pikmin 3 - It's Pikmin, what can I say? Very very well done.

Papo & Yo - This is my surprise of the year. Puzzle platformer with a great story and aesthetic.

Storytime7 wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Note: All following games were first played by me in the year of 2014 or in the last week of 2013.

I played that one this year, too. Unfortunately didn't enjoy it too much, but nice to know others can get something out of the experience. I have InFAMOUS 2 (which I hear is better), so hopefully I'll enjoy that game more than the first when I get around to playing it.

There are some improvements with 2, but they aren't very substantial. I'd say the games are equivalent, if you didn't like 1 then you probably won't like 2 either.

Edited on by Kodeen

Kodeen