Forums

Topic: Backloggery Thread!

Posts 181 to 200 of 678

StarBoy91

@Popyman - add two brackets, the first one with "url=[insert website here]", and the second one with "/url". If you want, you can add something inbetween the two brackets. Hope that helps.

To each their own

Sneaker13

Popyman wrote:

Sneaker13 wrote:

@Popyman, change the link in your sig to http://backloggery.com/popyman.

I did, but it still isn't doing the direct link thing...How do you do that?

The link you had up earlier went to a page to change your profile.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Popyman

Ah, sweet, thanks guys!

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

StarBoy91

You're welcome, Popyman.

To each their own

Toon_Link

Just thought I would let everyone know that I started using my Backloggery again. (Blows party blower thingie.)
Please read the comment I left or cuddles will kill you.

Untitled

Edited on by Toon_Link

Toon_Link

Sean_Aaron

@Sean Aaron, there is a dutch site for movies. The have a database in which all the movies are. They use the original titles (doesn't matter if it's English or Japanese or whatever). So that wouldn't be a problem. Same with imdb or whatthemovie. Just enter the name in whatever language and it will find the correct name. This could work very well on a site like backloggery.

Depends on your definition of "correct" and "original." If the name of the game in the database doesn't match what's on my shelf/screen then I don't find that terribly helpful because I cannot be bothered to keep track of all the names used for games in different territories. Why should I have to look something up when I can just enter it as I see fit?

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Sneaker13

That's what I mean. In whatthemovie for example, you need to guess from which movie a screenshot comes. An example. You see a screenshot from the movie Der Untergang. If you enter Der Untergang (original title), it's correct. If you enter Downfall (english title), it's correct too.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -

Monix2598

My Backloggery is monix2598. it doesn't motivate me to play games i didn't beat though. it's still fun to have.

Monix2598

StarBoy91

Anyone ever try the fortune cookie? I haven't.

To each their own

Sean_Aaron

Sneaker13 wrote:

That's what I mean. In whatthemovie for example, you need to guess from which movie a screenshot comes. An example. You see a screenshot from the movie Der Untergang. If you enter Der Untergang (original title), it's correct. If you enter Downfall (english title), it's correct too.

Well, that would be cool I guess, but given the Backloggery is free I cannot see anyone putting that much work into maintaining that kind of database.

Sneaker13

All the sites I mentioned are completely free. So it can be done.

Friendcodes:

Sean_Aaron

Sneaker13 wrote:

Are you the man for the job? Contact them and find out!

Chunky_Droid

I live for the fortune cookie, without it I would have never gone back to some of the games I own

Chunky_Droid

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0236-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Chunky_Droid | Twitter:

Sneaker13

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Sneaker13 wrote:

Are you the man for the job? Contact them and find out!

I don't own the sites . And I don't know enough coding myself to make it, but it can be done.

Friendcodes:

Yasume

Sneaker13 wrote:

Backloggery has one big problem in my eyes. It lacks a database. I would love to add a game and just see which other users have this game or are playing this game at the moment.

They had one somewhere in the winter of 2009, but they removed it after 2 months or so. It was such a neat feature, it's a shame it's gone. It ain't coming back too.

Edited on by Yasume

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

Big_A2

My fortune cookies are broken. The title of the game always ends up on the left side of the page instead of in the middle where it's supposed to, and it's always telling me to play the GBA Mario remakes.

I can't think of a theme for my backloggery page, any ideas?

cheetahman91

Big+A2 wrote:

My fortune cookies are broken. The title of the game always ends up on the left side of the page instead of in the middle where it's supposed to, and it's always telling me to play the GBA Mario remakes.

I can't think of a theme for my backloggery page, any ideas?

Well, you could keep it consistent with your avatar. Make it Pokemon or something like that and then put Big A2's Backloggery along the bottom of it. Or you don't even have to have a title at all.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

StarBoy91

I've beaten Secret of Mana for the first time!!!
Sweet!
Now, I considered it "B" and not "C".

To each their own

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.