Forums

Topic: Backloggery Thread!

Posts 161 to 180 of 678

Aviator

☑ No.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you were talking about the Backloggery itself, my bad.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Sneaker13

Sure:
http://www.imagevenue.com/
http://imageshack.us/

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

SuperPeach

I guess I'll just have to use stuff off of google then.

Yay! Thanks

Edited on by SuperPeach

SuperPeach

MetalMario

Most of my friends on BL are from here. All except for one, I think.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

StarBoy91

Which one, MetalMario?

To each their own

Sean_Aaron

I'm thinking I might link to previews/reviews in the comments section for each game in my backloggery...seem like a good idea or a waste of time? Does anyone actually click on the game names or only read people's updates?

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

cheetahman91

Sean+Aaron wrote:

I'm thinking I might link to previews/reviews in the comments section for each game in my backloggery...seem like a good idea or a waste of time? Does anyone actually click on the game names or only read people's updates?

Do you mean look through the user's entire list of games? If so, then yes.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Sean_Aaron

Well, I don't know how the comments section shows up. If someone has an online code against the game it shows a little globe; if the comments don't have some kind of indicator (I'm talking the box here, not the status field) then there's probably little point as you'd have to do more than just browse the list to know something was there.

Deviant_Mugen

BL is now linked in my sig (complete with Metroid theme!)...

Edited on by Deviant_Mugen

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Sneaker13

Let me guess, Mario is your favorite series .

I've added you.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -

Digiki

Sneaker13 wrote:

Backloggery has one big problem in my eyes. It lacks a database. I would love to add a game and just see which other users have this game or are playing this game at the moment.

It did have a game pages section, exactly like you've stated. However they were unhappy with how it was and took it down a while ago.

Sneaker13

That's a shame. It would be a great feature especially to see who have a specific game too.

Friendcodes:

Sean_Aaron

I think the problem with a database in a set-up like that is standardising the game names. I refer to a lot of games in my Backloggery by European or Japanese release titles; if I had to conform to an existing entry for another region (or worse notify a site admin that they need to add an entry) I'd be less likely to use it. Seems like a win-win to me: site admins have less work; I can put what I like in my list.

Comments field still says "Coming Soon" so I guess it's premature to worry about leveraging that feature.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

SuperPeach

I'm enjoying my BL
I've made alot of friends and it's really helping to motivate me, not just in video games either, I'm actually motivated to practice my cello again!

SuperPeach

Popyman

Well, I have a backloggery now, thanks to you guys! =P It's pretty cool!

I don't have much up but the link is in sig.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Sneaker13

@Popyman, change the link in your sig to http://backloggery.com/popyman.

@Sean Aaron, there is a dutch site for movies. The have a database in which all the movies are. They use the original titles (doesn't matter if it's English or Japanese or whatever). So that wouldn't be a problem. Same with imdb or whatthemovie. Just enter the name in whatever language and it will find the correct name. This could work very well on a site like backloggery.

Friendcodes:

StarBoy91

I've noticed for awhile now that if a game is still in the Now Playing list but hasn't been updated in awhile, the text will be darker.
I also got Illusion of Gaia yesterday, and so far I find it a fun game.

To each their own

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.