General Discussion Forum

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Showing 761 to 780 of 1,083

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

761. Posted:

JayArr wrote:

You think Yoohoo's voice is bad? Wait until you start seeing more of Midori. You'll start to appreciate Yuzu real fast. xD

I totally agree with this.

Also thanks for the advice. I'm having trouble on the next one as well. Took me about 8 tries on the previous one. Its still a great game and I don't mind learning what skills and demon best suits each battle. This is by far the toughest game I've played in this genre . I just love these type of games!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

762. Posted:

Man...I'm still on Day 1. It took me several tries to take down Wendigo and the other demons. I only only starting to understand this game. I think this game will take me a while to get through...but I'm loving it.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

763. Posted:

@MERG Just wait till you not only have to not die but have to save others and not let the demons escape! It took me two tries on wendigo. Not till now though have I had anymore problems.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

764. Posted:

Ummm...great. Thanks for the warning. This game should go really well for me! : p

AuthorMessage

Karakato

765. Posted:

What do you guys think of Catherine? I'm looking into trading it in for one of my games. I'm in the mood right now for a dark and immersive story with different paths. Is the story good? Is it the meat of the game or are the puzzles the main aspect?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

766. Posted:

Hey those of you with Overclocked I got a question. I was fusing some monsters and was looking at the bottom part where the element resistances are listed and noticed on one of them one of the stats on electricity says St which is normal but i also noticed it has a yellow color to the St as well. Anyone know what this means?

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

767. Posted:

Karakato_001 wrote:

What do you guys think of Catherine? I'm looking into trading it in for one of my games. I'm in the mood right now for a dark and immersive story with different paths. Is the story good? Is it the meat of the game or are the puzzles the main aspect?

Quite honestly, I think the game is superb. The game's story is really great and it never really takes a back seat to the puzzles as long as you keep talking to other characters. The characters themselves are also really well developed, and as you continue to play, you learn more and more about each character's back-story and personality which really adds to the game and makes you want to continue interacting with them. Although, you will be spending more of your play time in the dreams than at the bar. (Unless you spend a lot of time playing the Rapunzel arcade game, which essentially just more puzzles) People ridiculed the game for being too hard as well, but if your a fan of puzzle games, like myself, you should be able to play on normal with no trouble at all. However, it can get frustrating on the boss stages because you will die through cheap, unavoidable attacks multiple times on the stage, so luck sometimes takes the place of skill. (But, there is a way to avoid attacks by undoing the last move when you see it coming, and the attack will stop coming) The puzzles also don't change very much as the story goes on, aside from the layout, height, and addition of different blocks, so you may lose interest if your not to big into puzzle games. I never really felt like that personally, but there's a chance others will. But in the end, your going to want to continue playing the game to see how the story develops.
And about the branching story, I only have played through the game once, but from the looks of it, the moral choices you make will not start changing the story until a little over halfway through the game, which means your second playthrough will be very similar to your first for the first half from the looks of it. (Someone can correct me if I'm wrong)
All in all, I would really recommend the game to anyone that enjoys Anime or Puzzle games. Unless you really hate both, there will be something you can enjoy in the game.
EDIT: I also forgot to mention the amazing score for the game. Just another good thing I have to say about the game.

Edited on by TheBaconator

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

768. Posted:

Kainard wrote:

Hey those of you with Overclocked I got a question. I was fusing some monsters and was looking at the bottom part where the element resistances are listed and noticed on one of them one of the stats on electricity says St which is normal but i also noticed it has a yellow color to the St as well. Anyone know what this means?

I'm not sure. Did you check the instructions it might be in there. I would but at work.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Noire

769. Posted:

Is this great news, or is it the greatest news ever?!

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

770. Posted:

I wish SMT: Persona 4 was being remade for the 3DS, I want to play that games so much. :( I wonder what the SMT: Persona game that Atlus announced for 3DS last e3 will be. Maybe its going to end up being the only one I don't care about which is the first one as thats a first-person rpg and I don't like FPRPGS. :(

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Karakato

771. Posted:

The Vita's just getting better and better, first the gorgeous Vanillaware game Dragon Crown, then the sequel to LKS and now this. Now I don't regret skipping the ps2 original because I have this to look forward to. I'll probably get the Console mid year 2012 along with some of these games(if they launched by then). For the arcade fighting game, I'll need to look at some gameplay videos to my up my mind. There are too many fighter that I still need to play.

@mariofanatic128 Just play the PS2 version or get a Vita, I don't think the Persona series was ever released outside a Sony Console. Well there is that Persona 3DS title, which was announced during E3 2010, but so far, not a single detail was given.

@ballkirby1 Thanks for the info, I'll be trading in my MvC3 for this. The puzzles remind me of that Art Style game Kubos, which I really enjoyed. It will definitely be a busy month for me.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

772. Posted:

@Karakato_001 I don't think I have the money or time to start getting non-nintendo consoles as there are loads GBA, GC, DS, wii, wiivc, wiiware and dsiware games I plan on getting as well as some 3DS and 3DSvc games and there will be some 3DSware released in the future and I'm not as fast as some gamers on this site.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

773. Posted:

MechaPhoenix wrote:

It would be great news for me if it didn't make my choice of getting a PS3 or Vita even harder. (I can only afford one of them for a while)

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

774. Posted:

MechaPhoenix wrote:

What's this? The Vita will have remakes too? For shame!!

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Noire

775. Posted:

lz20XX wrote:

What's this? The Vita will have remakes too? For shame!!

Except P4 the Golden has about twice as much new content as all the remakes on the 3DS put together so far. :P

Edited on by Noire

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

776. Posted:

A warning to MERG!! Before you get to day 3 you better partake in some free battles. Day 3 is brutal and I wish I had taken more of the free battles. Most of my players are hovering around level 19 or 20 and I'm getting one hit killed by some regular monsters right now. I'm going to have to grind out some experience and on day 3 that's not going to be easy. Before you leave day 2 have most if not all your players and demons above level 22 or higher. I'm facing demons level 25 right now and seriously out match!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

JayArr

777. Posted:

A nice trick that isn't obvious is when in Free Battle if you are about to fail on any characters turn you can press start and select retreat. You get to keep all the experience you gained.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

778. Posted:

Wow thanks jayarr. I think ill be using that a lot on day 3.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

779. Posted:

@Tech...thanks for the info. I haven't picked it up for a couple days (life got a little busy) but I am at the start of Day 2 at around level 14. I guess I have ALOT of free battlin' to do!!

And thanks for that info Jayarr...I didn't realize you could retreat.

Edited on by MERG

AuthorMessage

MERG

780. Posted:

@Tech/JayArr...do you guys go into free battles and use all of your demons to raise all of their levels? I think I'm favoring and using only a few and now I fear that will get me into trouble.