Forums

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Posts 601 to 620 of 1,216

retired_account

Scratch that, my copy just arrived 10 minutes ago. Freaking awesome! I know what I'm doing all evening!

retired_account

retired_account

Just played it for an hour and so far it's freakin' amazing. The music is awesome, the dialog is damn good, and I love the characters... Rainey = <3

The battle system is predictably easy so far, but I see some potential for some cool fights ahead. I like how you can switch the party turn order, and the grid system is neat. Looks like strategy will definitely come into play later on.

Overall, very good first impressions.

retired_account

CanisWolfred

Glad you like it so far Pix.

So I ended up picking it up today after all. Glad I also picked up so new headphones so I can listen to the awesome soundtrack.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

@Mickeymac: Yeah, headphones are definitely the way to go. It sounds incredible with 'em plugged in.

@Od: I recommend it for sure. :3

retired_account

MERG

pixelman wrote:

Just played it for an hour and so far it's freakin' amazing. The music is awesome, the dialog is damn good, and I love the characters... Rainey = <3

The battle system is predictably easy so far, but I see some potential for some cool fights ahead. I like how you can switch the party turn order, and the grid system is neat. Looks like strategy will definitely come into play later on.

Overall, very good first impressions.

I am only about 45 minutes into the game but I COMPLETELY agree with Pixelman's assessment.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

I've only got about a half an hour in and its all been text so far. I even skipped it all just to get to one battle. I like what I see so far but need to go back and read all the dialogue I missed. Then I can give a better opinion of what I think.

Edit: oh and I'm the type of person that talks to everyone twice and will not leave the city till I've spent all my money! I also like finding all the secrets and take my time to explore every inch of every rpg I get. I've played so many that I ve come to realize I don't want to miss anything that could help later on in the game.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

@Tech...I'm about an hour in now and the text is heavy...but it is all good. More text than battles but that doesn't detract at all.

CanisWolfred

I was under the impression that RPGs were supposed to be heavy in text before you get to the battles. You know, they gotta build things up and whatnot.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MERG

@MickeyMac...I haven't played a TON of RPGs but I have played a few...this one seems heavy in text than what I have played. But as I said...it is all good.

Spoony_Tech

Yeah but I do like how a few rpgs will start out with the battles first then go into dialogue. I always like to see the battle system first but usually have to get through about 45 mins of text. Text is fine just don't start with an hour before I can't get one battle done. I love the way final fantasy 7 started. I love the battle system for that game bit after that they all seemed to get to. Watered down. Don't get me wrong. I know things changed for rpgs from that point on and not for the better I might add. I love the fact that this game here is all about the old school. Its the best times I had growing up playing dragon warrior final fantasy lufia ah the list just goes on and on with all the old school joy I had with this genre!! Sorry for the rant but they just don't make rpgs like they use to. I think we can all agree atlus still loves us!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

retired_account

The text is what I love about it so far... How could you skip it? It's like a crime when you skip well-written JRPG text. Plus some really important stuff is told early on, so yeah, go back and read it for sure. The battles get more frequent after the 1:30 mark, depending on how much time you spend in town.

I'm over two hours in and I just made my first choice. It was appropriately awesome. I'm already partly regretting it because of information and theories I'm mulling over in my head! Awesome!

I'm worried that the White Chronicle will make choices less exciting, though, since you can apparently go back and make others pretty much whenever you want to. Hafta wait and see how that affects the game, I guess. At least it's built into the gameplay and story and not like a menu feature or something, haha.

I can't reiterate enough how much I love these characters. Even if the battle system sucked, I'd play it to the end just to see what happens to them.

retired_account

Spoony_Tech

I'm glad your liking it so far. I only skipped the text because I had to go to work and wanted to at least see one battle. I hate getting called in early!

MERG said:

CanisWolfred

Ah, well that can't be helped. Too bad, you missed some good stuff.

I just got through the first few battles myself. I like how things are progressing so far and the battle system seems neat. And of course the music is awesome.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

@Pixelman SPOILER I have read don't get to attached to the characters. End SPOILER! !

MERG said:

MERG

Ugh...a couple hours into it and I seem like I'm already stuck! That sure didn't take long!!

Spoony_Tech

LOL MERG!! I can't help you yet. I just got back to the city after my first back to the past event. I'm probably about half an hour to a hour away from you.

MERG said:

MERG

What can I say...I didn't want to waste any time screwing up!! I think I need to just go back and make a different choice in the White Chronicle but I'm not completely sure.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.