General Discussion Forum

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Showing 441 to 460 of 1,083

AuthorMessage

MERG

441. Posted:

And now that I see there are Sea Quests, I can keep interested in the game while the whale continues to kick my @##. There is soo much I don't know about this game. Does it explain all of this in the instruction booklet (I'll be honest in that I didn't really read it)?

Edited on by MERG

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

442. Posted:

SuperPeach wrote:

I'm sorta stuck in EO3... Possible Spoilers ahead!

I got to floor B6F and I found that girl who told me there would be so clues to that city beyond that really long path. I did what she said, was attacked, made it back, told the lady an accepted the mission to bring the girl into custody... What am I supposed to do!? I think I've looked everywhere but haven't found her or any clues D:

End of spoilers. So I'd really appreciate some help here.

Your not really stuck. You just need to keep mapping out the levels eventually you will find her. I'm on floor 8 and still haven't found her yet either. Got a feeling I'm going to hit the whale MERG keeps talking about soon!

Now on the other hand MERG yeah he's stuck!! LOL. :-P

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

SuperPeach

443. Posted:

@Tech ohhhh... I can't find the stairs then, so I thought I had to find her before I could move on. Must've mapped something incorrectly then :$ Thanks.

SuperPeach

AuthorMessage

MERG

444. Posted:

Thanks Tech! Thanks a lot.

AuthorMessage

MERG

445. Posted:

I FINALLY BEAT THE #$%#$%#$%#$%^ WHALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

446. Posted:

MERG wrote:

I FINALLY BEAT THE #$%#$%#$%#$%^ WHALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was that I couldn't hear you!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

447. Posted:

Sorry for the screaming but you have no idea how happy I am to have beaten it. It took far too long and I died far too many times. It was much harder than it needed to be.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

448. Posted:

MERG wrote:

Sorry for the screaming but you have no idea how happy I am to have beaten it. It took far too long and I died far too many times. It was much harder than it needed to be.

Sounds like my reaction from when I beat the first optional mission in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days on proud mode (thank you to everyone who recommended it to me and thank you to my friend for suggesting that any real man would only play a KH game on Proud mode :P)

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

449. Posted:

hey dudes. haven't played a Trauma game and I'm wondering what you'd recommend as the best.

Also, I need Atlus PS2 recommendations. Besides Persona. How's Odin Sphere and Disgaea?

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

450. Posted:

Odin Sphere is fantastic. Beautiful game, long in-depth story and unique gameplay. The combat does get repetitive so for me it's a play-over-time game - thankfully you can review the whole story in the menu.

I also highly recommend Persona 3 FES and Persona 4. They are great introductions to the Shin Megami Tensei series, which is one of my all-time favourite series.

Disgaea is legendary, but I haven't gotten very far in it. It's a tactical RPG where your characters can go up to level 9999, and every item has a world inside of it. O_o Crazy! I have friends who swear by it though.

Trauma Team is my favourite in the Trauma series (really great characters and story, but retains all of the expected cheesiness) and it's quite different from most in the series since you play more than just surgery. If you want the original gameplay then you could start with Second Opinion on the Wii - it's an expanded version of the first DS game. Beware the series' high skill-based difficulty and how easy it is to forget the controls after a while.

BTW I'm considering choosing one of the Wii Trauma games for a later NintendoLife Game Club session. :)

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

451. Posted:

thx for the recommendations duder!
Odin Sphere looks the most appealing to me, but I've heard so much good about the Persona series that I'm def gonna give it a go. As far as Disgeaea goes, I've never been super into SRPGs but... "every item has a world inside of it" I mean, I have no idea what that really means, but consider my interest peaked. I'll have to read into that.

Good to hear about NLGC! I need an excuse to check out the series. thx again.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

452. Posted:

@lockelocke I mean quite literally, you can go into item worlds (like "Iron Sword" or whatever) and duke it out with the creatures living there. O_o Yeah. Every item. Then the item gets stronger as a result.

Just be careful though, the game requires a heck of a lot of time and grinding. :| That's why I'm not very far.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

453. Posted:

word, mayne. I just took a look at some videos of the "Item World"
I can tell just by watching a few minutes of gameplay that Disgaea is not for me. Oh well. Odin Sphere, on the other hand, has my name written all over it.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

454. Posted:

Odin Sphere's one of my favorite RPGs. I can certainly recommend it.:)

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

455. Posted:

nice! i'm sold. too many glowing recommendations to ignore.

i_am_error
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

456. Posted:

Flandy wrote:

Just thought I'd let you guys know:

MASSIVE ATLUS PSP PSN 50% Off Sale

TITLE SYSTEM SALE PRICE ORIGINAL PRICE
Class of Heroes PSP $19.99 $39.99
Crimson Gem Saga PSP $14.99 $29.99
Droplitz PS3 $4.99 $9.99
Hammerin’ Hero PSP $9.99 $19.99
Hexyz Force PSP $14.99 $29.99
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble PSP $19.99 $39.99
Riviera: The Promised Land PSP $7.49 $14.99
R-Type Command PSP $7.49 $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona PSP $19.99 $39.99
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable PSP $19.99 $39.99
Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournamet PSP $7.49 $14.99

Here's the link http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/15/introducing-the-atl...

Never been a better time to buy Hexyz Force and Crimson Gem Saga. I'll repost this in the Atlus Fan Club.

Thank you, Flandy for bringing this to my attention. Also please note it doesn't start until Tuesday.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MERG

457. Posted:

So I am at the gatekeeper on floor 11 of EO3 and have to choose between defending and protecting the gatekeeper...is there a way to make a wrong choice here? Does this choice affect the rest of the game?

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

458. Posted:

@MERG It makes a big difference. Do you mind spoilers? It affects the storyline (which faction you side with), what new class you get, as well as what bosses you'll be fighting later on.

× steam

AuthorMessage

MERG

459. Posted:

ummm...I don't think I mind spoilers...

To be honest I was siding with the Senate but I'm not sure. I get a bad vibe from the undergroubd king.

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

460. Posted:

It's really your choice. In new game+ you'll get to choose again and see the other side (and retain the extra class from your first playthrough) so don't worry about missing out. :)

I went with the Senatus btw. People generally say that's a good one to go with first if you're not sure. The underground city option reveals more of the backstory, but the Senatus choice gives a "better" character class (not really better though, just easier to use and more straightforward). If you play the Senatus way first, you'll probably have a better experience with the story than if you play it second.

Either way I'd say go with your gut. :)

× steam