General Discussion Forum

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Showing 341 to 360 of 1,083

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HolyMackerel

341. Posted:

I've decided to play Persona 3 FES again using my new game+ save file. I've never done new game+ on an RPG seriously before, but looking at the box earlier today really got me. Putting the disc in, I realised (again) that this game is pure class.

Man, I remembered how awesome this game was, but I forgot how AWESOME this game was. D: I've been kinda unsatisfied with a lot of games recently, and this one just hits the spot. I'm gonna shoot for 100% completion this time: personas, social links, Elizabeth requests, everything. Then maybe I'll play The Answer. It's gonna be hard but worth it!

Best battle music ever!

I love being level 82 at the start of the game LOL.

Not stopping EO3 for it, just needed a console RPG to play too. :)

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

342. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

http://www.pushsquare.com/19005/tgs-10-project-dark-appears-t...

Sorry thats right, Demon Souls was a collaboration between Sony and From Software who developed the game Atlus published it of course. But the sequel is going mulitplatform outside of Japan hence the new name and Im sure several other things. I dont know if a Demon Souls 2 will actually ever exist but this is the successor.

Oh, I see. I hope it's just as good, since now I can actually get it.:P

@Mack

I love Persona 3, but I don't love the music. I fact, this is the only song that I don't hate with a passion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSsUH6M8xBg

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HolyMackerel

343. Posted:

@mac Yeah the FES OP had awesome music, probably the best in the game. I guess the Japanese urban sound is an acquired taste. Fortunately I like it - I didn't even get tired of Mass Destruction and that one is well overplayed through the course of the game. :P

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

344. Posted:

Im going to get the PSP version of Persona 3. I hoping the price will drop while Im finishing off other games to get to it.

@HMac... yep Demon Souls has a New Game+ BUT when Move released on PS3 I upgraded one of my 80gb PS3s to a 320gb Slim with Move and well kinda had to give up my Demon Souls save file to do it. 100+ hours gone, it hurt, really bad too :( Demon Souls had this incredible online system built into the game that creates ghost that you will see running around while you play, that is actual people in real time. Also there are blood stains everywhere, you can touch them and see flashbacks of the the players last moments before death to get a heads up for things to come. ALSO you can leave messages behind for other players for tips, warnings, etc. Once you get far enough into the game you can literally break into another players realm and kill them for massive experience, BUT if you die, you automatically loose a level and the one who killed you will reap massive benefits. One level can take hours to achieve further into the game, so its not something you do without caution. You can also summon other gamers into boss battles to help with the horrible difficulty in some of the bosses. One of wich I couldnt beat without doing. Its punishing, but rewarding and simply fantastic design. Everyone in the thread would love this game, I would put money on it ;)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

345. Posted:

Anyone play Shin Megami Tensei:Strange Journey?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

346. Posted:

Atlus is publishing Trine 2 :)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

347. Posted:

MERG wrote:

Anyone play Shin Megami Tensei:Strange Journey?

I have. What you wanna know?

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

348. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

Atlus is publishing Trine 2 :)

LOL I just got that E-mail like 3 hours ago. I'm assuming you did as well!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

349. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

Atlus is publishing Trine 2 :)

That was announced months ago, during E3. Yet they're just sending the email now?:|

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

350. Posted:

I was just wondering how Strange Journey is compared to EO3. Similar at all?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

351. Posted:

MERG wrote:

I was just wondering how Strange Journey is compared to EO3. Similar at all?

They're in First person and they use the same engine. That's it. Strange Journey is more story and adventure based, and it's a little more managable than EO, and the strategy is more towards the equipment your wearing and paying attention to weaknesses. I'd still highly recommend it, just know that it's a very different experience.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

352. Posted:

@Slappy: Multiplatform? Noooooo!:(

I say that because it's practically a given that the quality of the PS3 version will suffer as a result. Squenix is the only company thus far to dodge that inevitability, and I'm sure that's only because the PS3 version of FFXIII was in development long before they decided to port it, making PS3 the "main" version.

@Mickeymac: They sent some kind of email about it back then...this one just has a new trailer. I still haven't gotten around to playing Trine 1, though.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

353. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Slappy: Multiplatform? Noooooo!:(

I say that because it's practically a given that the quality of the PS3 version will suffer as a result. Squenix is the only company thus far to dodge that inevitability, and I'm sure that's only because the PS3 version of FFXIII was in development long before they decided to port it, making PS3 the "main" version.

@Mickeymac: They sent some kind of email about it back then...this one just has a new trailer. I still haven't gotten around to playing Trine 1, though.

If anything, no longer having Sony involved would reduce the quality of the game, since I'm sure their help had an effect on the end product of Demon's Souls. I'll agree that it's still an odd decision to make it multiplatform, but I'm not gonna complain. I can't afford a PS3, and Demons Souls is the only thing I really want for it, besides some obscure JRPGs that are samey sequels to PS2 games. So long as it's good and it's fun, and it's on the console that I own, I don't give a damn if the graphics and stuff aren't as good as they could've been. I'm still playing the PS2 for G-d sakes, anything will impress me.

I'd also like to say that I'm glad they're treating it as a new game/Spiritual sequel instead of a straight sequel, because judging from Fromsoftware's track record, they tend to be terrible when it comes to sequels, only making minor improvements and never addressing the major issues that hold it back. Yet when they make a similar game with a different name, they'll go all out and make a game that's far better than any samey sequel could've been. Take the Armored Core series, for example. They were really fun back in the early 2000's, but they were flawed, yet they've released 10 games in the series now, and the game is just as flawed as it was back in, like, 2003. Yet they already made other Mecha Combat games like Metal Wolf Chaos and Chromehounds which are way better than Armored Core could ever be and addresses most of the major flaws of the first (I'm still pissed that MWC never came out in the U.S. :(). I don't know if Demon's Souls had any flaws, but I'm still confident that they'll find a way to keep it interesting now that they're working with a new brand name and don't have to worry about pissing off the fans.

Also, I didn't like Trine, but than again, I dislike puzzle-platformers, especially ones that come up with mechanics as lame as the ones Trine Utilized. Now utilizing blowing onesself up as a game mechanic - that's how you get my attention.;)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

354. Posted:

@Stuff.... dont fell bad I still havent finished it yet either.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

355. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Slappy: Multiplatform? Noooooo!:(

I say that because it's practically a given that the quality of the PS3 version will suffer as a result. Squenix is the only company thus far to dodge that inevitability, and I'm sure that's only because the PS3 version of FFXIII was in development long before they decided to port it, making PS3 the "main" version.

@Mickeymac: They sent some kind of email about it back then...this one just has a new trailer. I still haven't gotten around to playing Trine 1, though.

If anything, no longer having Sony involved would reduce the quality of the game, since I'm sure their help had an effect on the end product of Demon's Souls. I'll agree that it's still an odd decision to make it multiplatform, but I'm not gonna complain. I can't afford a PS3, and Demons Souls is the only thing I really want for it, besides some obscure JRPGs that are samey sequels to PS2 games. So long as it's good and it's fun, and it's on the console that I own, I don't give a damn if the graphics and stuff aren't as good as they could've been. I'm still playing the PS2 for G-d sakes, anything will impress me.

I'd also like to say that I'm glad they're treating it as a new game/Spiritual sequel instead of a straight sequel, because judging from Fromsoftware's track record, they tend to be terrible when it comes to sequels, only making minor improvements and never addressing the major issues that hold it back. Yet when they make a similar game with a different name, they'll go all out and make a game that's far better than any samey sequel could've been. Take the Armored Core series, for example. They were really fun back in the early 2000's, but they were flawed, yet they've released 10 games in the series now, and the game is just as flawed as it was back in, like, 2003. Yet they already made other Mecha Combat games like Metal Wolf Chaos and Chromehounds which are way better than Armored Core could ever be and addresses most of the major flaws of the first (I'm still pissed that MWC never came out in the U.S. :(). I don't know if Demon's Souls had any flaws, but I'm still confident that they'll find a way to keep it interesting now that they're working with a new brand name and don't have to worry about pissing off the fans.

Also, I didn't like Trine, but than again, I dislike puzzle-platformers, especially ones that come up with mechanics as lame as the ones Trine Utilized. Now utilizing blowing onesself up as a game mechanic - that's how you get my attention.;)

What a load of silliness. Ever played Eternal Ring? It was a "sequel in spirit" to Kings Field, and it was decidedly worse than any of the four Kings Field games.

Demon's Souls succeeded in being more than a case of "for From Software fans only" game because 1) it was the first time the production head (sorry, his name escapes me for now) had been given creative control over a project, and he clearly proved himself to be a talent.

2) Sony Online Entertainment was involved, and those guys know how to produce a mass market game.

It's got nothing to do with "going all out to be something special" or any of that marketing fantasy stuff that people like to believe when a good game comes along. It's a simple case of a smart developer discovering a hidden creative talent, and a major studio helping out with quality control.

The fact that Demon's Souls was a hit is in no way a guarantee that From Software (true kings of patchy quality) will be able to successfully pull of a successful sequel - spiritual or otherwise.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

356. Posted:

Before I crush my EO3 cart into a fine dust...any hints on the first boss, Narmer? I know if I'm having this much trouble on the first boss I'm going to have a heck of a time moving forward but I've tried about 4-5 times and I just can't take it down!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

357. Posted:

MERG wrote:

Before I crush my EO3 cart into a fine dust...any hints on the first boss, Narmer? I know if I'm having this much trouble on the first boss I'm going to have a heck of a time moving forward but I've tried about 4-5 times and I just can't take it down!

I think you can bind its head but can't remember also try blinding it if you have that skill for forging. If need be take a prince/princess and monk it will help you to stay alive. You should be at least level 12 or so before You tackle narmer but I have a feeling your higher then that.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

358. Posted:

@Tech101...apparently I lack any skills. All of my party is at level 17.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HolyMackerel

359. Posted:

@MERG Is Narmer killing you or are you having trouble tracking him down? Do you die because of Earthquake or something?

Level 17 should be good enough to fight Narmer. What's your party?

I managed to win by blinding him using Lights Out (Buccaneer), drew attacks to my Hoplite with Provoke, used Line Guard on the front row to defend against Mud Throw. You could also use volt attacks since he's weak to those.

Also when Narmer flees, you can go to the nearby campsite to heal your HP and TP. :)

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

360. Posted:

@HM...oh I'm dyin'! I have no problem tracking him down. I've been killed before and during earthquake. My party is prince, ninja, zodiac, monk and farmer. I guess I can try volt with my zodiac and prince.

So, when Narmer flees underground (before earthquake) I can escape to the campsite?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor