General Discussion Forum

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Showing 241 to 260 of 1,083

AuthorMessage

MERG

241. Posted:

?...is it useful to mark your map with every monster battle you have?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Ninten

242. Posted:

SuperPeach wrote:

I'm thinking about getting EO3 and I was wondering if it would last me a long time, by that I mean will it be done in just 20-30 hours or will it last for weeks or maybe months?

The whole series is brutal. It will probably take a lot of time to finish just a title.

Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319
http://backloggery.com/ninten

[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.
[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"
[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

243. Posted:

MERG wrote:

?...is it useful to mark your map with every monster battle you have?

Ah! No waste of time!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

244. Posted:

Anyone here beat etrain odyssey 1 and make it to the 28 floor I believe it was was the most brutal floor in the series. You had to map out the foes movements to move anywhere because there was pitfalls that dropped you to the floor below which had poisons floors all over the place. The last 5 floors of that game probably took like 50 hours to map not to mention the real end boss was the hardest boss in any game I've ever fought and I've play most of the final fantasies and dragon quests.:O

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

245. Posted:

@Tech101 I don't have Ned's Harpoon, but it probably lets you catch the Tanniyns (the giant fish) faster. I've caught them before without it, you just have to keep fishing for them 4 or 5 times and follow them when they move.

@MERG LOL the battles are random so don't mark them! Instead mark the places you come across with events, item boxes, FOEs, camp sites, gather points... Mark what you think you might want to know about later. You can use the purple triangle tab to put text on a marker too. For example I write what I find in all of the item boxes (even though I don't have to). :)

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

MERG

246. Posted:

Thanks for the help guys.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

247. Posted:

@H-Mac OK so I've done research on the etrain odyssey series and found no reviews here on nintendolife. If that's the case and no one is going to do a review from NL I think you should inquire about doing a reveiw to the people in the know. You seem to be the farthest in the game and I think you would do a wonderful job. Use your monster hunter page as a reference!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

248. Posted:

Nintendo Power gave EO3 a 8/10 if I recall correctly. But yeah as with most all Atlus games on DS they hardly ever get the reviews they deserve.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

249. Posted:

Yeah it got an 8.5 from Nintendo power and final fantasy 4 heroes of light only got an 8.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

250. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Yeah it got an 8.5 from Nintendo power and final fantasy 4 heroes of light only got an 8.

For 4HoL, that's actually better or on average with what it's been getting from other reviewers, and looking at the conclusion on Metacritics, I'd kind of have to agree with them, in that it's really meant to appeal to a specific group of RPG fans. Of course, I'd say the same for Etrian Odyssey: It's meant to appeal to RPG fans who want an old school challenge, and wouldn't really do much for the general audience.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MERG

251. Posted:

EO3 question...with all of the items you get after monster battles...are you supposed to sell all of them or do you keep some of them for later use? I seem to be at a loss for building up money and I'm wondering if it is because I am hoarding items.

AuthorMessage

SuperPeach

252. Posted:

Well I just got EO3 and I like it so far, I'm stuck on the first mission though, I think I explored every inch of the floor and mapped it out but the gaurd still says it's incomplete.

SuperPeach

AuthorMessage

MERG

253. Posted:

@Superpeach...I had the same exact issue. Did you find the crevices that you can crawl through in the walls? I believe there are 2.

AuthorMessage

SuperPeach

254. Posted:

Ah that must be my problem I've only found one I think. Thanks MERG. :)

SuperPeach

AuthorMessage

JayArr

255. Posted:

ProTip: Blue Flowers equal secret shortcut.

I freaking raged on the guard telling me map wasn't comlete. :P

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

256. Posted:

@Merg... SELL THEM!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

MERG

257. Posted:

@slapshot82...thanks!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

258. Posted:

MERG wrote:

EO3 question...with all of the items you get after monster battles...are you supposed to sell all of them or do you keep some of them for later use? I seem to be at a loss for building up money and I'm wondering if it is because I am hoarding items.

Yeah what slapshot said except when on a quest to get people specific items cus I tend to accidentally sell those before I get them all but selling is one of the only ways to get money. Its the only way to unlock more weapons and armor. This game is the total opposite of most rpgs sell everything and earn no money during battles.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

259. Posted:

@Tech101...thanks. I am moving along but this will help me even more!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

260. Posted:

Just noticed something in etrain odyssey 3. Whoever uses the limit skill (for example the mumyouken) get more attack points on the enemy. I noticed my arbalist has more strength so it did almost double the damage to the foe I was fighting as opposed to when I was using the prince on that same skill. Good to know to use your strongest character on those skills! Also for some reason I didn't think of this before. There is a random foe thats friendly and harmless that roams around on the lower levels. I had a hard time killing it cus it would run away before I could. My last fight I had with it my zodiac bound its legs so It could not run away and my party got 5000 experience so if you see something odd about a foe (this one will actually run from you) you need to chase it down and it will go between the walls to. I didn't get an item drop but it might make a good weapon if it does drop one.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech