General Discussion Forum

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Showing 181 to 200 of 1,083

AuthorMessage

JayArr

181. Posted:

What the hell is a hoplite!?

Anyway, you jerks have made me want this game just from lurking this topic.:P Going to buy now.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

182. Posted:

MERG wrote:

Reading through these posts has peaked my interest in EO3. I'm still running through DQ9 but may get to it when I'm done. It's a tough to choose when Final Fantasy is coming out soon in addition to Golden Sun. Far too many choices for me.

I don't think you would be disappointed with any of those choices. I'm getting them all and enjoying EO3 a lot. Its a different type of game though if your not familiar with the series but its a good starting point! Definitely the best of all three so far!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

183. Posted:

JayArr wrote:

What the hell is a hoplite!?

Anyway, you jerks have made me want this game just from lurking this topic.:P Going to buy now.

LOL. Its a high defense character that uses a spear!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

184. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

MERG wrote:

Reading through these posts has peaked my interest in EO3. I'm still running through DQ9 but may get to it when I'm done. It's a tough to choose when Final Fantasy is coming out soon in addition to Golden Sun. Far too many choices for me.

I don't think you would be disappointed with any of those choices. I'm getting them all and enjoying EO3 a lot. Its a different type of game though if your not familiar with the series but its a good starting point! Definitely the best of all three so far!

I haven't played any of them so am completely unfamiliar with the series. I want all of them too...but I'm not sure I have that much time! And then the announcement yesterday of Toys R Us selling Partners in Time...it's just too much! (not to mention trying to save for the 3DS.)

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

185. Posted:

I love rpgs and thought partners in time was the weakest of the series. It just was a disappointment after the first one on the gba.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

186. Posted:

Partners in time is a great game though and if you don't have it get it while you can then grab Etrain Odyssey 3 next as it will be hard to find very soon.

I have 4 characters chilling as well. Pulling them out tonight.

Oh this game looks fantastic on dsi compared to ds lite. Dsi went dead on me last night and swapped over and really noticed the difference.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

MERG

187. Posted:

How would you guys describe EO3?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

JayArr

188. Posted:

Well thats fitting you named him after me then, Chris. :D

So I went and picked EO3. Since not one single person pre-ordered it and I was the first person to buy it, the guy gave me the sweet bonus art book for the game! Score! Anyway can't to play....stupid job.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

189. Posted:

Our jobs always get in the way of important things. Although we do need money for those things. I need a raise or better yet work from home. Oh right ill get right on it (after I take this beast down). Oh look another beast.

And what's you talking about work you have been on this site almost as much as I have today. Work. Yeah right.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

190. Posted:

JayArr wrote:

Glad to hear it. :D

JayArr wrote:

So I went and picked EO3. Since not one single person pre-ordered it and I was the first person to buy it, the guy gave me the sweet bonus art book for the game! Score!

Lucky barsteward!!

MERG wrote:

How would you guys describe EO3?

It's an old-school dungeon crawling RPG, but updated so it looks and plays a lot better. EO3 is definitely the easiest in the series (at least in the first few strata) but an easier introduction is a good thing. I almost gave up on EO2 because I kept dying before level 10 and got nowhere. The sailing also mixes up the gameplay nicely and lets you get money and items without risking your neck. :D

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

JayArr

191. Posted:

Oh yeah, when the guy gave the art book ( haven't looked at it yet) He said,
"Just to warn you this book is full of pictures of scantily clad girls. So don't leave it around kids"

O.o

lol What kind of game is this!?

Edited on by JayArr

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

192. Posted:

LOL its not what your thinking that's for sure.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

193. Posted:

@JayArr.... If you love Monster Hunter Im sure you will love the challenge in EO3. And you tripped me up with calling Tech Chris because I happen to be one myself :) That guy at Gamestop either is a complete idiot or is scared of women, I dont know!

AuthorMessage

JayArr

194. Posted:

[looks through art book]

Oh lord. He was all insecure because it looks like little girls. It's just your average Japanese semi- chibi art style. What a overly sensitive goober. :P

52 page full-color book. It's gorgeous. Glad he threw that in there. :)

Going to play after I get my daily dose of MH3.

Edit: @Slap - Sorry I almost always call all my Monster Hunter brothers (and sis) by there MH names. :D My bad.

Edited on by JayArr

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

195. Posted:

@JR... lol no prob, I was joking around ;)

Glad you were able to get the art book as it is great. Went straight into my fireproof box with all my Atlus stuff :)

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

196. Posted:

OK here are some of my names as I had already started the game with 6 characters and can't change their names yet to what I want.

Hoplite-JayArr
Princess-Peachy. I went with peachy instead of Rebekah for obvious reasons.
Wilding-LTGamer. Lets face it he's a little crazy
Ninja-Joey please don't ask why!:-
Gladiator-Chris of course
Prince-Sir Pico. Lol
Arbalist-Revas sorry dude your a girl cus she is at rank 11 and I aint going back LOL.
Buccaneer-Slapshot. I can't remember your monster hunter name so I just went with that.
Farmer-Subtle
Zodiac-Nickolas
Monk-Trevor
The other characters when they become available will be determined.

Anyways I'm still loving this game but fear most of you have surpassed me by now so I need to catch up. I know H-Mac is past be by one of his last post's.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

JayArr

197. Posted:

This game is hard as ballz!!!!!!

Well it was anyway....
ProTip: Blue Flowers mean there is a shortcut.

I can not tell you how long that took me to figure out. So I was like : "Listen Man!!!! This freaking map is complete!!! Let me through here!!!!!!" Then I noticed the big hole in the middle and walked around until I figured it out.

So needless to say I didn't even unlock skills until well into Level 4 for my whole party. O.o Skills really help. wowsers.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

198. Posted:

LOL JayArr I was waiting for that post. If you think this one is hard you should try the first two. Good luck and if you need any help just ask!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

199. Posted:

@Tech...sweet I made the list ;)

@JayArr... lol, this thread has a ton of great stuff to help, but Blue Flowers huh, somehow I didnt put two and two together.

Oh... anybody tried taking down the big orange floating things in B2? I accidently hit one last night and ran like all get out :)

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

200. Posted:

@Tech A GIRL?!!?!

Then you should have named her November, after my alt. :P

Also, Prince + Farmer = easiest dungeon exploration ever!

@slappy Those orange balls are F.O.E.s, and they're hard monsters that roam the labyrinth. Watch their movements, because many of them have a predictable pattern you can get around. I've killed a lot of the B2 ones now.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042