General Discussion Forum

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Showing 161 to 180 of 1,083

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

161. Posted:

So does anybody else know if there is another class that can heal outside of a monk?

@Wolf... great job man and thanks for the advice.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

162. Posted:

Wow, I love EO3 even more than EO2! :D My party is a Gladiator, Hoplite, Buccaneer, Prince and Zodiac. I have a level 1 Farmer on the side who I'll use... eventually... But I'm sticking with these first 5 for a while yet.

The sea exploration is fun but I don't quite get it yet. I spent quite a lot of money going nowhere. O_o Need to explore more so I know where to go.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

163. Posted:

@H-Mac Start off by going to the islands first they give you items you will need for catching better fish and staying out on the water for more turns. I have a 20 turn item and another that lets me go 1+ square so that adds up to 40 if done right. See what happens is you go 2 squares at a time. Also the farmer gives everyone more experience so it will help you level up quicker at low levels and yes this is a great game that's why I'm not on monster hunter right now:-(

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

164. Posted:

Farmers are incredible. Level up there gathering skills and between the first two floors of the dungeon its easy to come out 500+ easy. In an hour last night between the gathering and fighting i got 1000 in one run. When the time turns you can gather a few more times. Really love my farmer.

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

165. Posted:

@Tech Yeah I was just playing since my internet disconnected and I figured it out. I just got that 20 turn item and the 1+ square thing a while ago too. I did the bird on the lighthouse quest like 10 times LOL such good experience and it's pretty easy, especially with the Zodiac + Monk guys. FREE HEALING! I got to another town to the east, forgot its name, where there's a windmill and there's this crazy 3-battles-in-a-row quest that I can get to the final battle on, beat the boss, and the remaining little monsters the boss summons ends up killing my party lol. Need to try again!

And wow, that quest shows how awesome Buccaneers and Zodiacs work together. Binary Fire + Fire Chase is really good!

Does anyone else think Princes are like the best class ever? Free healing every turn, at the end of battles and while walking? That's ridiculous lol.

× steam

AuthorMessage

Sushie

166. Posted:

Love me some MegaTen. Never played any EO, But I love the Persona series and the SMT series. Playing through some fan translations of the first two now (not as good as Nocturne, btw). I really need to play Strange Journey as well, maybe when I get another DS.

A Fool and his Wii Points are easily parted.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

167. Posted:

Yeah just started using my prince and all he does is heal like mad. Great support player and not bad at attack either. There is a few classes I've not used yet though. Buccaneer wildling hoplite and ninja!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

168. Posted:

Buccaneer and Hoplite are awesome. Buccaneer chains attacks from other players. My Gladiator and Prince use slashing weapons so I use Slash Chase and for that turn she hits every time they do. :o Hoplite is kinda like Protector from the old games but a bit more honed. None of that front line back line nonsense. A really good damage-soaking tank, pretty much, with decent damage using spears.

× steam

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

169. Posted:

Sweet.... Princes slash as well, starting a Prince character tonight for the Heal and so my Hoplite will continue to follow up the Slash Chase! Thanks for the input guys. Having just a Monk for healing was getting pretty rough.

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

170. Posted:

@slapshot82 It really kinda seems like Monks are unnecessary because Princes are OP healers lol. Possibly later in the game their healing won't be good enough though, I dunno, but still it's free healing.

And good idea giving your Hoplite a slashing weapon. I've been using spear but maybe I should give him a sword instead so I can make good use of Slash Chase!

BTW what have you guys named your characters? Here are mine:

Gladiator M - Rodriguez
Hoplite M - Barthus
Buccaneer F - Camille
Prince M - Aerhart
Zodiac F - Omega

@Tech If I make an Arbalist I'm gonna call him Revas. :D

× steam

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

171. Posted:

Good idea on the names. I think I'm going to go back and change my characters names to all the monster hunters name. Jayarr will be my new hoplite revas will be my new arbalist my princess will by Rebekah LTG has to be my wildling. Give me some ideas on the rest please.

@Slapshot Whatever happened to your monster hunter days. I hunted with you and your brother a few times and never seen you again.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

172. Posted:

My guild is named WolfRam and I gave my characters names from various video games because I'm nerdy like that.:D

Gladiator(M) - Yuri from Tales of Vesperia
Monk(M) - Shiren from Shiren the Wanderer
Ninja(F) - Momohime from Muramasa
Hoplite(F) - Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles
Zodiac(F) - Shanoa from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Arbalist(F) -Lucca from Chrono Trigger
Prince(M) - Corobo from Little King's Story
Buccaneer(M) - LeChuck from Monkey Island
Farmer(F) - Moon (um, from Harvest Moon, I guess. I couldn't think of any memorable video game farmer characters.)
Wildling(M) - Amaterasu from Okami

I thought about naming one of the characters after myself but I decided to wait and see what the other two locked classes are before I do that.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

173. Posted:

@Tech.... yeah I miss that one bad, but the prob with it is I couldnt pause the game in online quest and that really caused issues between me and my wife, so I had to end up just selling it back. I put like 85+ hours into it and enjoyed every second of it though. Great game.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

174. Posted:

You should have just brought farcasters with you and just let us know You have to leave for a bit. Well it was fun hunting with you for a while.

Something else I noticed about EO3 is your limit charge up a whole lot faster.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

175. Posted:

@WolfRamHeart Amaterasu is a girl. :P Goddess of the sun. Yes, even the wolf one, she's the same being.

@slapshot82 Yeah Farcasters can be used to teleport back to camp. We wouldn't have minded if you had to go for a bit during quests. I think you should buy it again if you can. :P (Don't delete your save file! 85+ hours is a lot of time!)

@Tech Yeah but the limits are a lot weaker than the ones in EO2. More useful this way imo. A couple of things I noticed about limits:

• You can use them when just one of the characters has their limit bar filled.
  • The character who uses the limit still takes a turn in combat, so you can do a limit attack then a normal attack. Me like.
  • Did you know if you give your Prince a supportive/enhancement limit (like the attack up one), his healing kicks in for that too? Really awesome.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

176. Posted:

Don't know about buying it again. I really don't like leaving when its only 4 people. My brothers both have it so i can always borrow it back.

A full team of princess would be insane lol. I got my prince to level 6 last night and man does he make things easier. Over an hour of looting the first two floors and got over 1000 money and didn't need to rest. That's incredible!

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

177. Posted:

I just figured something huge out, and I wish I'd known this at the start. Make 1 of every character class. The 5 "sidelined" characters you aren't using, put all of their skill points in the Common skill Combat Study. Combat Study means they'll receive exp every time your main party receives exp! I've got my side characters to level 2 already. I'm going to get their Combat Study skill to level 10 first. You can always Rest them later if you want to change their skills.

× steam

AuthorMessage

Ninten

178. Posted:

So the murdered of P4 has been revealed! Well, for me at least. :D

Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319
http://backloggery.com/ninten

[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.
[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"
[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)

AuthorMessage

MERG

179. Posted:

Reading through these posts has peaked my interest in EO3. I'm still running through DQ9 but may get to it when I'm done. It's a tough to choose when Final Fantasy is coming out soon in addition to Golden Sun. Far too many choices for me.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

180. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

I just figured something huge out, and I wish I'd known this at the start. Make 1 of every character class. The 5 "sidelined" characters you aren't using, put all of their skill points in the Common skill Combat Study. Combat Study means they'll receive exp every time your main party receives exp! I've got my side characters to level 2 already. I'm going to get their Combat Study skill to level 10 first. You can always Rest them later if you want to change their skills.

Ooooo didn't know that. I've got 4 characters just sitting there!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech