Forums

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,177

Ralizah

I'll post this here as well.
SMT IV: Apocalypse was awesome, and this looks even better. Atlus is really killing it lately.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Spoony_Tech

Looks great! Can't believe I can actually play Persona 5 on my ps3!!

If this somehow gets an NX release I'll wait.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech Yeah. And best of all, the PS3 release isn't gimped. The PS4 version has a very slightly nicer visual presentation, but the game was built with the specs of the PS3 in mind. It's exactly like what they did with Persona 4 on PS2, except this time it's also getting a release on the current gen home console.

Kimyonaakuma

I know this thread died a while ago but has anyone tried the new SMT mobile game (Dx2)?
It's only in Japanese at the moment but is still enjoyable even if you don't know the language!

I usually write WAAAAY TOO MUCH!
...so I'll apologise now in advance.

Ralizah

@Kimyonaakuma I haven't. Are there microtransactions? And what is the gameplay like?

Kimyonaakuma

@Ralizah From what I can tell there is some kind of premium currency in the form of crystals, but you can also obtain them from normal gameplay, but of course it will take longer to get them. They're used to summon really powerful demons.
There also seems to be another form of microtransaction but I can't tell what you get for it, maybe stat increases?

The game is just made up of levels which consist of battles against various demons. I'm suprised how good it looks and runs to be honest, it uses all of the voice clips and models from P5. I won't be suprised if these are model tests for SMT V. Demon conversations and fusions are also present but I haven't really had a chance to try them out.

As for the story I have no idea, I don't know any Japanese. The game is still playable though, apart from demon negotiation which is just guessing the answer. You seem to recruit demons just by defeating them anyway but I'll need to check that.
CORRECTION - You don't just receive demons, you still have to negotiate. I guess I was just given a random Nekomata

Edited on by Kimyonaakuma

xPH03N1Xx86

I didn't know an Atlus thread existed! Sign me up!

On that note, I just finished SMT 3 last night and got the TDE, started Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei I, close to finishing Persona 3, and at the first stratum boss in EO V.

Also, I can't wait for Strange Journey Redux

Meow. :3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Kimyonaakuma

@xPH03N1Xx86 Yeah I didn't until I searched for it today! I'm suprised that it isn't more active...
Strange Journey Redux will probably be good but I don't know if the new content is enough for me to replay it. I also haven't used my 3DS since I bought a Switch, so I might just wait a year or two for SMT V.

I did a quick screen capture of one of the levels in case anyone was interested. Sorry for the bad audio (it decided to record it through my phone's speaker), but I think the battle theme is pretty cool regardless! If anyone wants any more info I'll try and find out, I haven't seen many people mention this game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ChbN-xFRNR4

xPH03N1Xx86

@Kimyonaakuma The mobile game looks pretty slick!
And in regards to Strange Journey Redux, I've never played the original so this'll be my first time. Coupled with SMT V, it's a good time to be a SMT fan

SMEXIZELDAMAN

I might get strange journey redux too. If it's good

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

Kimyonaakuma

@xPH03N1Xx86 I know right!? I was pleasantly suprised when I started playing it today. And if the mobile game looks this good then SMT V will look amazing

Oh you're so lucky! I wish I could play Redux without knowing most of the story, but I'll probably buy it anyway . SMT games are always worth their prices and hopefully Redux and V will give the series a bigger audience. I need more new games from Atlus, all I'll have this year are two Persona dance games and Redux, but I already finished Strange Journey. Hopefully the Switch will get as much Atlus support as the 3DS.

xPH03N1Xx86

@Kimyonaakuma Agreed about them supporting the Switch, I hope we get lots from them, best 3rd party developer imo
I also hope that one fantasy rpg project (can't remember the name offhand) will be on Switch.

Kimyonaakuma

@xPH03N1Xx86 Atlus is one of my favourite developers for sure, I haven't tried one that I didn't like. As for Project ReFantasy I'm not sure if it will come to Switch. They've been taking their time with it and it hasn't really gone past concept stages, my guess is that they're waiting for a PS5 or whatever is next. Persona 5 was delayed by a year or two just because they had to finish it and then port it to PS4, so waiting is probably a good idea.
...But I still hope that it comes to Switch one day!

I think the amount of Atlus support will increase if SMT V does well and the 3DS is stops getting new games. I don't think we'll see Persona or the Catherine Remaster but SMT and Etrian Odyssey will probably stay on Nintendo Consoles. I have no idea what else they'll bring, but they've confirmed that they have several games in development that we don't know of so we'll see!

darkfenrir

Oooo, Atlus fan club! Never knew this exist.

Anyway, kind of wish more Atlus developed more stuff on Nintendo console >_< I don't enjoy much of SMT, admittedly (A bit too hard for me, and I only managed to play a few hours of SMT IV, and only up to Sector C at the Strange Journey...)

Should try Radiant Historia though, admittedly.

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338 | 3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

matiasu

Ill be getting all the upcoming 3DS games. Plus Stella Glow, Etrian Mystery Dungeon and Etrian Odyssey V. Soul Hackers, Persona 5 and Devil Survivor 2 are in my backlog. Playing Etrian Odyssey IV right now. So there will be lots of Atlus joy for a long time. Anyway.. Do you think Persona Q 2 will make it to the west and is it the final map drawing game?

Gamer since 1983!
3DS Friend code: 3136-7297-6077

xPH03N1Xx86

@matiasu I'm sure Persona Q2 will come west. The first was my first exposure to Persona, and one of my favourite games. I need the 2nd one in my life.

Spoony_Tech

A blast from the past thread! Love Atlus but I'm having a hard time picking up my 3ds these days. Ever since November hit last year I've been 100% on my Switch. My back log grows every week it seems.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

I'm mostly gaming on Switch, but I have and will continue to go back to my 3DS as long as Atlus is releasing games on it.

Really excited to play Strange Journey Redux, as I never experienced the DS original.

I'm also thinking about playing Digital Devil Saga 1 as well. I've neglected most of the PS2 SMT games up to this point.

Looks at post history

Geez, I was posting on here at least five years ago! Time really does fly.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic