Forums

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,221

Spoony_Tech

@MERG: I'll assume 30$ since it's not that old. Not enough time my friend. I've played maybe an hour of it. I need to stop buying new games for like 2 years but there's so much more rpg goodness coming and I want it all!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

@Spoony_Tech: I hear ya Tech...I have less and less time it seems. There are far too many games I want and too many games I already own. I need a vacation from life so I can get to all of these RPGs. I am enjoying Merc Saga 2...so thanks for the heads up.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

Can someone help me out here. Just recently got a 360 and ps3, Is Persona 4 Arena and Ultimax the same game but the latter like an enhanced version? Also I've only ever got Atlus games on Nintendo Systems (at least in the last 10 years) what else is a must play game and is Persona 4 Arena worth getting?

@Ralizah I may need to call on some help........HELP!!! LOL

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Can someone help me out here. Just recently got a 360 and ps3, Is Persona 4 Arena and Ultimax the same game but the latter like an enhanced version? Also I've only ever got Atlus games on Nintendo Systems (at least in the last 10 years) what else is a must play game and is Persona 4 Arena worth getting?

@Ralizah I may need to call on some help........HELP!!! LOL

Ultimax is a sequel to Arena. They have different stories and, if I recall correctly, Ultimax has more playable characters. I also think they're both technically canon, for whatever that's worth.
They're OK if you can get them for a decent price. I didn't play them all the way through (my copies were stolen awhile back), but they're pretty decent fighting games, and it's always fun to play as P4 characters.

If you haven't played Persona 3 FES and Persona 4, then do so ASAP on PS3. They're some of Atlus' best games. Actually, almost all of the SMT PS2 classics are worth downloading. The only other real Atlus-developed game worth getting last gen was Catherine. It has VERY adult subject matter, but the story, character depth, and music are all top-notch.

Also, I think Atlus published Dragon's Crown, which is a very fun side-scrolling action RPG with gorgeous art. I've heard Lost Dimension is excellent, but have yet to play it.

For 360... it's not Atlus, but Lost Odyssey is a really solid JRPG.

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: Arena is a fighting game??? See, this is why I ask these questions. No thanks for that.

So I just want Persona 3 & 4 then nothing else added behind that like Golden? Or is that just for the Vita?

Thanks for the other suggestions as well. I remembered Catherine but wasn't sure if it was worth getting. As of now the only rpg I have is Skyrim but I definitely want both Persona games. Now to just find the time to play all these!

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: Yeah, Arena and Ultimax are 2D fighting games, like Street Fighter.

You want Persona 3 FES (it has additional content that the original release of P3 didn't have). As to Persona 4, P4G is definitely the definitive edition of the game, but it only works on Vita and PS TV. It's basically the same game as the PS2 original, but has some added content and reworked mechanics for certain minor aspects of the game. It's great, but if you only have a PS3, just get the PS2 classics version. It's not worth buying a PS TV for one game.

If you're going for Western RPGs, Fallout 3 is a lot of fun (although you'll want to get the 360 version, as the PS3 version had memory leakage issues). Think Skyrim with guns instead of swords. If you want to find a good Nintendo-esque game for 360, I HIGHLY recommend Viva Pinata, which is a kind of life sim game where you raise Pinatas for children's parties.

EDIT: Quick warning about P3 FES. Other than Persona 3 Portable, the PSP port of P3, all versions of Persona 3 only let you control your player character in combat. The party AI decides what your other party members do in battle, although you can issue general orders to change what they do in an indirect way. I remember finding this somewhat frustrating when I first started playing, but you definitely get used to it. You have the option of controlling your entire party in Persona 4, on the other hand.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: Thanks for the Fall Out 3 recommendation as I already know how good it is. I had a ps3 6 years ago but my daughter insisted on making it her own personal 3 by 5 flash card storage device lol. I found this out one day and shook 5 to 7 cards out of the disc slot. After that the only way it would take games was if I set the disc at the opening and turned on the system. Months later I found more and after that it wouldn't take anymore games again. It was for the best I suppose as with a 3 year old and 1 year old I didn't have much gaming time as it was.

I did beat Fall Out 3 just before my daughter was born. I was in a bit of a hurry to get that done too lol. I enjoyed it a lot.

Also had Oblivion but never had a chance to really dive into that one. Thankfully I beat Bioshock as well.

As a matter of fact I just got Skyrim, (collectors edition) Bioshock Infinite, Gran Turismo 6, and a game called Puppeteer all brand new on clearance for 25$ at Meijer. I'm really excited to experience what I've missed the last 6 years (Last of Us, Uncharted series, and the Persona games just to name a few)

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: Nice. Sounds like you'll be busy. And the best thing is that owning a PS3 should ensure you access to Persona 5 as well.

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: Quick question, right now Persona 4 Golden for vita is on sale for 10$ on the shop, will that work on my ps3 without the Vita tv?

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: Nope. Golden version requires Vita or PSTV. You should be able to download the PS2 Classics version on your PS3, however.

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: Thanks for the reply. What's the main difference between those 2 versions and should I play 3 first anyways or is it like Final Fantasy and it doesn't really matter?

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: Differences...

Golden has more social links, more endings, more Personae, reworked shuffle time (event after battles that lets you get new Personae), another in-game month, new bonus dungeon, new story events, visual improvements, and it lets you selectively inherit certain skills when fusing a Persona.

Lots of little differences that make it an even better game than the original. Original game is still perfectly playable, though.

Persona 4 has a few references to Persona 3, but nothing worth worrying about. One of the P3 characters also gets a short cameo. Doesn't really matter what order you play them in. P4 does have more refined mechanics than P3, though, so some people suggest playing P3 first to make the transition more pleasant. I personally think P4 is the better game (one of the best on the PS2), so I suggest playing it first because... it's a total masterpiece!

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: Thanks again. I'll do just that and play P4 first and all those ending don't matter to me really as all I'll have time for is one play through. Not sure when I'll pick either up as what I got just the other day was enough for about 500 plus hours of gaming. That could be said of just Skyrim alone actually.

Btw, I also just beat Radiant Historia for the first time ever last week and that was a nice thrill ride! Glad I'm finally able to stick with one game instead of jumping all over the place. I've been knocking out those Atlus titles too in the last 6 months. 3 down and about 10 more to go lol.

What sucks is I'm about 5 to 10 hours from beating 2 of them (SMT IV and Overclocked).

MERG said:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: No problem.

I ought to beat RH one day. I got 90% or so of the way through it and then just dropped it.

With regard to SMT IV: which ending? I only got the chaos ending myself. I should probably sit down at some point and replay it to find out how to get the neutral true ending before SMT IV Final releases, but I'm not sure I see that happening. Especially with Persona 5 amd SMT x FE, or whatever it's called now, likely releasing before the end of the year.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: I believe I was told I'm on the neutral path which one boss is kicking my butt. I don't want to start this one all over again when I'm literally near the end.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Rumorlife

Catherine.
I'm going to replay it again soon. I love the whole concept of that game so much, the little polls are fun too. I somehow voted in favor of each poll my first play through. Vincent /drool. I wish he was in P3f instead so I could go out of my way to have him speak his 1 line to me.

Oooorrrr how about Trauma Center! I always thought they were such perfect games for the Wii.

Rumorlife

Ralizah

Dankykong wrote:

Catherine.
I'm going to replay it again soon. I love the whole concept of that game so much, the little polls are fun too. I somehow voted in favor of each poll my first play through. Vincent /drool. I wish he was in P3f instead so I could go out of my way to have him speak his 1 line to me.

Oooorrrr how about Trauma Center! I always thought they were such perfect games for the Wii.

TC was fun on the DS, but I found it almost unplayable on the Wii.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Delibheel

I couldn't find P4 dancing all night on my yearly visit to a GameStop, so I figured a 50 dollar PS store card would be enough to buy digital...

And it certainly is enough.. Like, the exact amount. Whoah, that's one expensive music spinoff.

Do they have sales on the play station store often? I guess I could hold on to that money for a bit and wait for it to go on sale...

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

@Morpheel: Yeah I wouldn't pay that price. I'm willing to bet Atlus has regular sales just like on the 3ds. I would wait till it's like 20$ so you can get another game or 2.

Plus didn't it come out within the last w to 3 Months? If it's still that new it's just a matter of time before the price drops.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

GrizzlyArctos

Ralizah wrote:

Dankykong wrote:

Catherine.

TC was fun on the DS, but I found it almost unplayable on the Wii.

I really liked the Trauma Center games on Wii, though I will admit that the controls can be a little wonky sometimes. Especially in some of the non-surgery levels in Trauma Team. A touchscreen is a more natural fit for the series.

Yes, I like bears.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic