General Discussion Forum

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Showing 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,083

AuthorMessage

Algus

1,041. Posted:

Funny thing about Atlus RPGs is once you get a feel for them you start to recognize patterns in the way enemies behave. It isn't really a criticism because I keep buying them and liking them but I'm so used to the "Atlus way" I guess that a lot of these games don't seem as hard to me anymore. Though most non-Atlus RPGs are complete jokes to me when it comes to the battle system lol.

Atlus trained me to expect to die the first time I fight a boss so I could develop a good strategy, I think their secret goal is to teach everyone patience.

Speaking of RPG overload, Etrian Odyssey IV has been completely consuming me. I've got Soul Hackers waiting in the wings but hell I probably won't be done with EOIV by the time SMT IV comes out. I probably won't be done with EO IV by the time the next EO comes out! I think I need to try one of their non-RPGs just to mix things up. Code of Princess looks kind of cool.

Where's the KABOOM?! There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM! sigh delays...delays...

AuthorMessage

FirLocke

1,042. Posted:

Atlus quickly became one of the companies that I get excited over. :) Persona 4 is possibly my favourite game of all time, I absolutely loved Radiant Historia on the DS(probably my favourite game on the DS alongside M&M:Clash of Heroes), Persona 3 Portable made me get a PSP and I'm very much looking forward to whenever SMT IV and Etrian Odyssey IV come out in Europe.

Have to say that I'm not really enjoying Catherine at the moment though. Shame 'cos it's Atlus first HD game. :(

Thinking about games. I'll be with you in a moment.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,043. Posted:

Yeah, Catherine was a risk, I played the demo and couldn't get into it. Not a puzzler fan, honestly.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,044. Posted:

Is soul hackers a good place to start with the megaton series.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

1,045. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Sure it is, although it's a little dated it's still pretty good.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,046. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

I'd personally start with a newer title (it was originally a Saturn game).
Persona 3 and 4 are very newcomer friendly, and the Devil Survivor games are also good starts.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,047. Posted:

What could it be???
Untitled
http://www.atlus.com/res/_testenvironment/1119/sc_c2.swf

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,048. Posted:

????

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

1,049. Posted:

Wondering that myself. Too good to be true that it is for a Nintendo platform?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,050. Posted:

Maybe another Trauma Center game for Wii U and the GamePad takes X-Ray's and Ultrasounds.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,051. Posted:

Or maybe its the birth of a new franchise?! :-P

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,052. Posted:

Conception. Calling it now.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,053. Posted:

I bought Etrian Oydessy IV two days ago during the eshop sale. Played the demo earlier this year and i'm really loving this gameplay style. Does the game get any les grindy and is there a way to max out every skill I have.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,054. Posted:

@Sony_70 I never felt like I had to grind really and no you will not be able to max every skill either. Just focus on what you want and later on in the game you can redistribute the points to better fit your style!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,055. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

I bought Etrian Oydessy IV two days ago during the eshop sale. Played the demo earlier this year and i'm really loving this gameplay style. Does the game get any les grindy and is there a way to max out every skill I have.

No and No. The game actually gets a little grindier, but there's always plenty of places to explore and plenty of quests to do, so you can get that done along the way. I'm not sure about Maxing out all of your skills, though, but according to some guys on GameFAQs, it's impossible, even with Retiring and not using subclasses. So you have to distribute your points carefully.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MERG

1,056. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Conception. Calling it now.

And the winner is...Canis. Conception 2 http://www.destructoid.com/spike-chunsoft-pops-out-new-concep...

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,057. Posted:

So called that! Day one! Think I'll go for the Vita version just because.

Also, this is the link you want: http://www.destructoid.com/atlus-delivers-conception-2-due-in...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,058. Posted:

Finally getting around to playing the EO:MG demo.

Wow, this demo is HUGE (maybe even bigger than the EOIV demo)! There are at least three dungeon floors in this one (I'm not done with the third yet, so I don't know if there's more), compared to the two in EOIV's demo, and they're larger too (although EOIV has the airship travel grid, that this doesn't).

Graphically, it's just as beautiful as EOIV as well, and I'm appreciating the more story driven option, complete with the beautifully animated cutscenes. There are a LOT more F.O.E.s in this one too, with those boar rock monsters being surprisingly terrifying, lol.

Anyhow, I'm having a great time with it :)

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Swiket

1,059. Posted:

Has anyone been following the recent Persona announcement shenanigans? That teaser site from a few months ago is finally going to reveal something in about seven hours or so.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

1,060. Posted:

Persona everything on the next page!

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus