General Discussion Forum

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Showing 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,083

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,021. Posted:

Yeah I'm on RPG overload as it is this year. I wouldn't mind next year at all!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,022. Posted:

Yeah, it's been a week since I've played KoFXIII. Just thinking about those incredibly cheap final bosses really drain my desire to play it.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,023. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Yeah, it's been a week since I've played KoFXIII. Just thinking about those incredibly cheap final bosses really drain my desire to play it.

How are you liking it? Too bad we can't play together. :/ Noob vs noob matches are always great! :P

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

MERG

1,024. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Yeah I'm on RPG overload as it is this year. I wouldn't mind next year at all!

I don't know...can you ever really have too many RPGs?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,025. Posted:

^Yes. Trust me on that...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MERG

1,026. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Well Canis...we'll agree to disagree.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,027. Posted:

MERG wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Well Canis...we'll agree to disagree.

Heres the probelm. I would get yet another RPG that I don't have the time for and quite the current RPG I'm playing thus never finish any RPG ever do to jumping ship to the new one. I've still got like 10 rpgs not done cus of this. Some are epic ones at that!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

1,028. Posted:

Yeah, I hear ya...but I tend not to get a new RPG until either I finish the current one or am done as much as I'm gonna get done. My meaning was that I never get tired of them.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,029. Posted:

Well even I need a break from them from time to time tbh! Specially if its the same similar formula. Kinda like how soul hackers is similar to Etrian and Unchained Blades!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

1,030. Posted:

An Atlas fan club? Cool! I didn't know there were so many people interested in Greek mythology! :)

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,031. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

An Atlas fan club? Cool! I didn't know there were so many people interested in Greek mythology! :)

Where in the world have you been? You've been MIA for quite a while now lol?!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

1,032. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Well even I need a break from them from time to time tbh! Specially if its the same similar formula. Kinda like how soul hackers is similar to Etrian and Unchained Blades!

So you're not getting Soul Hackers?

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

1,033. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Where in the world have you been? You've been MIA for quite a while now lol?!

It's a long story involving mystery, bacon, a damsel in distress and lots and lots of explosions. Saved the world twice.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,034. Posted:

MERG wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

So you're not getting Soul Hackers?

Never said that. I'm picking it up and if I'm not done with EO4 ill probably won't ever finish it lol! It looks too good to pass up.

@Teejay Tell me more about this BACON!!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,035. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

RR529 wrote:

How are you liking it? Too bad we can't play together. :/ Noob vs noob matches are always great! :P

I'm liking it overall. Mainly learning the characters in training mode, and doing the occasional vs match.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,036. Posted:

Recarms dead thread

Finally got back to Devil Survivor Overclocked and that Belberith fight I was stuck on for the longest time. All it took was some creative demon fusion and I went from getting creamed by that thing to killing it in two turns.

These games are totally unlike most other RPGs, where all you have to do is grind a bit to be able to defeat a difficult boss. Strategically analyzing and exploiting enemy weaknesses while protecting weaknesses is EVERYTHING in this game and, I'm guessing, to other SMT games as well. Quite refreshing.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,037. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Recarms dead thread

Finally got back to Devil Survivor Overclocked and that Belberith fight I was stuck on for the longest time. All it took was some creative demon fusion and I went from getting creamed by that thing to killing it in two turns.

These games are totally unlike most other RPGs, where all you have to do is grind a bit to be able to defeat a difficult boss. Strategically analyzing and exploiting enemy weaknesses while protecting weaknesses is EVERYTHING in this game and, I'm guessing, to other SMT games as well. Quite refreshing.

I think that's the same lousy fight I'm stuck on. Is that the one where he can hit you from anywhere on the map? I believe towards the end of day 6 or 7?

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,038. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Recarms dead thread

I think that's the same lousy fight I'm stuck on. Is that the one where he can hit you from anywhere on the map? I believe towards the end of day 6 or 7?

Yeah. On the Amane route. He hits you with physical, ice, and electric attacks, usually all in the same turn. I was stuck on that thing for a while, so I took a break until today. Then I proceeded to buy, fuse, buy, fuse, battle for macca, buy, fuse, etc. etc. until I got a set of demons with the attributes I needed to kill it. Basically, both of my demons with resistance to physical and ice damage, force amps, and everyone equipped with force dance. Took only one round to kill it (three attacks, and then a fourth extra turn attack by one of my demons).

Also, I don't know if you've already figured this out, but it is way easier to just flight or phantasm your way across the gaps then to go ALL the way down to the computers to lift the bridges.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,039. Posted:

It's been so long since I've played it I never thought of phantasming all the way there. You're right about the strategy in most Atlus games. You can't just simply level up to defeat later bosses. You really need to work out a good strategy.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,040. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

It's been so long since I've played it I never thought of phantasming all the way there. You're right about the strategy in most Atlus games. You can't just simply level up to defeat later bosses. You really need to work out a good strategy.

It makes you feel quite ridiculous once you find out that you can just phantasm across, instead of having to mess around for 4 or five more turns with the flunkies in the middle. Even better is that once you do that, the flunkies lift the bridges anyway. There's only one flunky that you actually HAVE to fight.

I feel like this is probably good practice for what are supposed to be some of the harder games in the series.

Edited on by Ralizah