Forums

Topic: Are you a Republican or Democrat?

Posts 141 to 151 of 151

Turbo_Genesis_64

I'm convinced we need to re-investigate 9/11:

EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!

Machu

Back on topic guys please, I do not want to be responsible for turning this into a silly 911 conspiracy thread. Just get back to politics.

Conspiracies go nowhere!!!

Rawr!

clicketyclick

geek-master wrote:

DEMOCRATS HATE BUSH BECAUSE HE STARTED THE WAR. BUT!!! HE WAS PROTECTING US FROMFUTURE TERERIST ATTACKS BY DOING SO!!! NO ATTACK SENCE 2001!! OBAMA IS WANTING AMERICA TO BE FROWN DOWN THE DRAIN!!! LISTEN TO MICHIAL SAVAGE NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Yeesh, I wouldn't want America to frown down the drain. Staring it down would be manlier, like squint eastwood. That's how I like to think of America, staring down the Access pipe of Evil.

Now Playing: Bioshock

Turbo_Genesis_64

Silly?

Fact check.

1. The World Trade Center buildings had Asbestos.

2. They came under a new lease owner just months before 9/11 and he made billons of dollars from their destructions

3. No steel structured building has ever collapsed due to fire or air plane collisions before or since.

4. The 3 buildings that collapsed on 9/11 fell at "free fall speed" and "into their own footprints" exactly like Controlled Demolitions.

5. Jet fuel doesn’t burn at the temperatures required to melt steel.

6. The Pentagon has never released "video" of it being hit. The only images we have are blurry still frames.

7. Marvin Bush's, the President’s brother, security company, Securacom, was in charge of security at the WTC buildings and at both airports that had 4 planes hijacked on 9/11.

8. Bomb sniffing dogs were removed from the WTC buildings 5 days before 9/11.

9. The "greatest air defense system in the world" didn’t get one shot fired in our defense, in the course of a 2 hour attack from slow moving airplanes that were on Radar.

10. George W. Bush and Dick Cheney refused to tesitfy under oath before the 9/11 Comission.

Edited on by Turbo_Genesis_64

EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!

Sean_Aaron

I've had quite enough of 11/09 memorials over the past decade, cheers, so I'm all for staying on topic.

Contrary to the tiresome notion that people voted for Obama because he was a Black Man, some of us just found it novel to vote for someone who seemed intelligent and like an actual President for a change. Clearly anyone running for that office has a desire for power (Clinton and his wife are obviously the most opportunistic people in a loooooooong time), but I do think Obama wants to make a difference. The real question is whether or not the American people and their political representatives in Congress will let him.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Vendetta

@T-Gen: I can't be bothered to reply personally to that idiocy you perpetrate here, sorry - but here's a link to pretty much my thoughts exactly.

@Sean: An old phrase I coined years ago comes to mind... "Seeming is believing." That said, while he didn't get my vote, I took solace in his election for his perceived intelligence, and his reception by the rest of the world. Hey, I tried. With that, I hope the American people continue to speak their minds and compel their representitives to prevent him from inflicting too much damage on the foundations upon which this country was established.

Vendetta

Turbo_Genesis_64

@ Vendetta

Would you actually give the Bush Administration an "A+" on how they responded on 9/11?

Vendetta

T-Gen, I'm one New Yorker among millions, and my opinion of the administration's response - indeed, even the actual response itself - in no way alters the facts of the attack. There is no debatable point to your question.

If you're just wondering for the sake of wondering, I'll share with you my opinion that the US's response to the attack was significantly milder than I would have preferred - and by that I don't mean bombing the whole of the mid-east, sticking a giant straw in the ground, making it the 51st state and calling it New Texaco, either. I would have liked to see extremely prejudicial retaliatory attacks on targets of known complicity - but years of defense and intelligence cuts by the previous administration made that a pipe dream, right up there with getting that first shot off at the planes that struck the towers because of the ANG bases that had been closed. Yay dems.

Vendetta

Turbo_Genesis_64

@Vendetta

Huh?

Washington D.C. is the most guarded airspace in the world, surrounded by anti-aircraft guns, missile defenses, and F-16s sitting on the runway that could've reached the Pentagon in 8 seconds. You mean to tell me, it would've been imposssible to have gotten one shot fired in our defense?

General Richard Meyers who was in charge of North American Air Defense on 9/11 was promoted by Bush the following week to Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. That's ridiculous. He should’ve been court marshaled for not defending us.

Vendetta

The towers are were in New York, not D.C.

I'm done with this particular line of the conversation. There is no educating a closed mind. If you ever decide to pursue the scientific facts behind the WTC collapse instead of parroting the rantings of complete morons, I encourage you to read Popular Mechanics, or even perhaps more kindred minds at Skeptic.

POST-LOCK EDIT: Sean, seriously? Were there a lot complaints from forum members, or was this a pre-emptive locking?

Edited on by Vendetta

Vendetta

Sean_Aaron

Well, I think it's time to put this one to bed.

It would be nice to have an opt-in only no-holds-barred subforum for this kind of topic, but in the meantime they can only go so far before someone gets riled!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.