Forums

Topic: Are gamers taking it to serious ?

Posts 21 to 34 of 34

shake_zula

You can't ask for the innocence of the Spectrum age to continue forever. I mean like, I'm sure the first people to play soccer were just kicking a ball around for a bit of fun, and would be slightly bemused by the idea of 100,000 people paying £80 to cram into a stadium and watch other people kick a ball around. You know? Multiplayer gaming is inherently competitive for the most part, it's inevitable that some people who enjoy it enough will start taking it seriously

Also,

dangermouseuk78 wrote:

And to end with what games today would you say is what gaming is really all about i would vote for Tomena Sanner and Muscle March as perfect examples of what gaming is all about, dont take themselves to seriously and just good plain old fun.

Don't mention not taking Tomena Sanner seriously on this forum =D me and JayArr and theblackdragon combined have probably put over 100 hours into that game. I used to stay up drinking coffee until 4am, with work in the morning, to try and beat their scores. There was a lot of screaming, controllers flung at furniture, cats suffering unnecessary and obscene verbal abuse... I took it pretty seriously! we pwn the leaderboards though 8] at least we did, I haven't checked them in a while

shake_zula

Nintendo Network ID: shake_zula

theblackdragon

@mastah_shake: oh god, i don't even want to know how much time i've put into TS, lol... seriously, i mean it when i say that anyone who can beat my 2-1 can keep mastership of it; i don't think there's anything else i can do to maximize the amount of points i pick up in that level.

speaking of taking things seriously, though, JayArr's been logging some serious time in MHTri lately. he's got it marked complete in his BL... 300-some-odd hours, man... craziness~ :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

retired_account

Yeah, I'm feeling a bit guilty about all the time I'm putting into MHTri (almost 60 hours and no end in sight). It's so much fun though!

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

irken004

I haven't put in as many hours into MH Tri as I should have so far, but I did spend 8 hours online one time. Pix and Jay Arr were there, helping me HR grind

retired_account

HR grinding ftw. TAKE THAT RATHIAN!

retired_account

Noire

I leave a bloody wake of mangled former Mudshippers in my wake.

So no, I know at least I don't take it too seriously.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Monix2598

I Agree. I was Playing COD:MW and before atleast 1 minute of the match, i got killed from goofing off trying to write my name by shooting it in the wall. i got killed then the other guy flips out and boots me from the game. i was pissed. yes, games are taken WAY too seriously these Days.

Monix2598

Kaeobais

Sean+Aaron wrote:

What I think is too serious is the way people hate on others for console choice - that's just weird. I can remember people being jealous or needling people a bit about their consoles back in the 8-bit and 16-bit days, but the vitriol on the internet is just way out of hand now. I suppose we should be glad there's been no actual warfare over it yet!

I agree 100%. I remember those days. It's insane that if you say you like the Wii anywhere nowadays you could start an uncontrollable flame war.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

JayArr

Nice to see Tomena Sanner and Monster Hunter love.

A chef takes food seriously, an artist takes painting seriously, a true gamer takes gaming seriously. Anything that arouses passion is often taken to the extreme. Some folks get a rush from being the best or damn good at a challenging endevour. Other's just want to fool around have a good time and smile. In the end though gaming is just a form of entertainment and whatever way you play is right as long as your having fun.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

dangermouseuk78

I recently heard about the guy who threw his cat against the wall for disconnected his console bit harsh i think. Not sure how it disconnected it but if it was at the wall would of been better to make money off the clever cat.

I have enjoyed the online bits of quatum of solace and the conduit, the random games on those arent bad as i guess you dont have so much control over the matches. Looking forward to seeing about the second one.

Pc gaming wise as i said not much good but a laugh TF2 i have enjoyed as well as the halflife 2 deathmatch games. Also liked the unreal tournement games have 2004 game and the URT3 black and the free quake games good to. mainly be playing Altitude on steam dunno if anyones played it fun game. Also play counter strike source and the beta one to every now and then.

Anyways back on topic another one of the main culprits are the football games people disconnecting if there losing i have also experenced that on Grandslam tennis on the Wii but i think you get given the win.

Generally i dont play online that often but always give it a try Mario Kart and Smash bro's and few Wiiware games to name a few.

dangermouseuk78

irken004

Monix2598 wrote:

I Agree. I was Playing COD:MW and before atleast 1 minute of the match, i got killed from goofing off trying to write my name by shooting it in the wall. i got killed then the other guy flips out and boots me from the game. i was pissed. yes, games are taken WAY too seriously these Days.

I'd be ticked too though if a team member gave away his position by doing something like that. Not to the point of hurting myself or others around me though.

Unless an AUTOBOT is nearby...

Edited on by irken004

AlexSays

If you're shooting your name into the wall during Call of Duty, the equivalent of urinating your name during a snowball fight, I'd kick you as well.

Do that stuff during the campaign.

AlexSays

Adam

Yea, this is no time to be playing around.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.