General Discussion Forum

Topic: Appreciate, but don't like...

Showing 21 to 40 of 53

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

21. Posted:

JRPG. Can appreciate some of the stories told in them but find most of them boring to play.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

22. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

Stephen Hawking's Bestseller "A Brief History of Time."

Untitled

That book sold a gazillion copies but only 12 people read it. Sorry, Mr. Hawking - we appreciate your genius but nobody read your book. :O

Yay, i'm one of the 12! WOOOOOO! :)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 12 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 1 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

23. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

I can appreciate that 2001: A Space Odyssey is an important, well-constructed and influential film. But I still can't help but find it sleep-inducing.

Oh, man, this totally, I'm sure it's a perfectly fine movie but the 3 or 4 tiems I've tried to watch it I either fell asleep or just got bored and turned it off.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

24. Posted:

Keeping it strictly video game related; Racing Games.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WesCash

25. Posted:

I appreciate other people's opinions. But I don't like them.

Void wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

I can appreciate that 2001: A Space Odyssey is an important, well-constructed and influential film. But I still can't help but find it sleep-inducing.

Oh, man, this totally, I'm sure it's a perfectly fine movie but the 3 or 4 tiems I've tried to watch it I either fell asleep or just got bored and turned it off.

It's definitely one of the oddest films I've ever seen. More of an "experience" than anything else.
I own it on blu-ray and it is absolutely gorgeous in HD on a big screen. The soundtrack is phenomenal too.

Edited on by WesCash

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

26. Posted:

Other people's opinions Keeping this game related, I would have to say first-person shooters. I know they have a large appeal to many gamers and are quite popular nowadays, but I find it boring unlike many others.

Edited on by CapnPancakes

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cheetahman91

27. Posted:

Classical music.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage
Avatar

scrubbyscum999

28. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Any composer that primarily uses serialism to compose atonal music, really. Just cannot wrap my mind around it, but I still recognize its value. As for most other composers in general, I am pretty open-minded. I might not like much of their stuff at first but they will grow on me after a while. Bach and Bartok are two that I would've listed here a year or so ago but man I love them both so much now.

Beethoven's Symphony No. 9... I love the first movement to death. 2nd and 3rd as well. If it had a different final movement, then it would possibly be the greatest symphony ever written (imo) but... Man, I just can't bring myself to like the last one. I've tried. But no. Maybe I am just too naive still :P

Schumann and Brahms. I don't like too much romantic to start with, but with these two composers there are probably less than 10 works between them that I enjoy. And then most all of early Liszt. His more mature works are amazing but a lot of the early ones are too 'showy' and devoid of musicality.

Tea. Pretty fanceh stuff, I'll take coffee any day though. I'm just not classy enough u_u

As for video games, well, there are many. I can appreciate the effort that went into making a lot of early games (on the NES and such) but I can not find much enjoyment in them. Games like Metroid, Final Fantasy, etc. Then there are those games that fall into the realm of genres that I just do not like.

And finally, Nintendo >:3

Interesting you say Romantic because I am a Baroque and Romantic man. I find Classical era to be pretty boring for the most part. I appreciate Mozart, but I find him boring as hell. Give me some Brahms, Bach, or Tchaikovsky and I am a very happy man. I guess there is some early modern stuff that is pretty great. As for video games I feel that NES games have aged pretty well for the most part instead of stuff like RPGs which lack save function.

cheetahman91 wrote:

Classical music.

You know, that's ok. I hate people who feel everyone should like classical music and that any other type of music is inferior. I like classical and rock, but if someone doesn't I can deal with it. Now there is some music I just think is total garbage regardless of genre. A lot of mainstream stuff today. LMFAO, I am looking straight at you.

Edited on by scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

29. Posted:

Avatar (or as I like to call it, Fern Gully in space).

I can appreciate it, for what it did for 3D in entertainment (and the CGI looks gorgeous), but I think it's vastly overrated.

What's worse, is that I've had to see/hear about it every day for the past couple of years, because it's the one thing my older brother just randomly out of nowhere decided to nerd out over.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

30. Posted:

Trainer_DJ wrote:

LMFAO, I am looking straight at you.

geez, they already apologized for Party Rocking. What else do you want people?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Maskeraid

31. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Trainer_DJ wrote:

LMFAO, I am looking straight at you.

geez, they already apologized for Party Rocking. What else do you want people?

I had to get medication to stop shuffling. Irreparable damage bro. O_e

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

32. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Trainer_DJ wrote:

LMFAO, I am looking straight at you.

geez, they already apologized for Party Rocking. What else do you want people?

I had to get medication to stop shuffling. Irreparable damage bro. O_e

And I know it.

Ok that's all the LMFAO material ever, we never need to mention them again. Just forget them like they're Milli Vanilli.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

33. Posted:

Trainer_DJ wrote:

Interesting you say Romantic because I am a Baroque and Romantic man. I find Classical era to be pretty boring for the most part. I appreciate Mozart, but I find him boring as hell. Give me some Brahms, Bach, or Tchaikovsky and I am a very happy man. I guess there is some early modern stuff that is ok.

The reason I didn't say Classical in general is because Beethoven. I love him so much. However, I guess he could be considered Early Romantic? Mozart had some good stuff, but I do agree that it's mostly pretty boring. His C minor Piano Sonata is amazing though.

Actually there are a lot of Late Romantic composers that I love. Probably my favorite composer of all time is Scriabin, his music is just perfect. He can't do wrong in my eyes. And Rachmaninoff... <3 (also Saint-Saëns and Faure)
I do have to note that I mainly listen to solo piano pieces, and Tchaikovsky and Brahms didn't have too many that are appealing to me (I do like Brahms' four ballades however)

I love a lot of early 20th century stuff (Ravel, Prokofiev, Bartok, Scriabin, Faure, Debussy). It's probably when most of my favorite pieces were composed :3

Also something else for this thread, Baroque and Early Classical chamber music. Give me Romantic chamber music any day.

Again, I do appreciate all these composers. While I hate Schumann with a burning passion, I still recognize his... genius... n_n

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CerealKiller528

34. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

I can appreciate that 2001: A Space Odyssey is an important, well-constructed and influential film. But I still can't help but find it sleep-inducing.

I think the same can be said about Alien. It's too long with many unnecessary scenes. But I like the somewhat accuracy of the film. Space is a boring, cluttered, empty world. Brilliant.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Marks

35. Posted:

-Poetry in general (as Literature)
-Orson Scott Card
-Strudels
-Akira Toriyama's art
And so on.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MikeDanger

36. Posted:

Manga, Yugi-Oh, Skylanders, Harry Potter. That's about it.

Edited on by MikeDanger

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkNinja9

37. Posted:

having multiplayer and/or online buddies in games... ok so hear me out on this i appreciated that they have multiplayer in fact in some games its great adding some buddies is great too but sucks adding ppl and them not even talking to you at all after one day of crazy gaming with them or using mics with them =S)even when they have the same game) or those online buddies not being your buddies you talk to in real o_o

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Schprocket

38. Posted:

Mariah Carey.

That is all.

NOW'S THE TIME ON SPROCKETS WHEN Wii U DANCE!!!

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

I-U

39. Posted:

I appreciate Retro Studios for the Prime Trilogy, Donkey Kong Country Returns, helping with Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Kart 7, but I don't like their focus on more realistic graphics and feel that some of their work is a bit soulless because of such a direction.

I appreciate tomatoes for their contribution to salsa, pizza sauce, chili and speghetti sauce, but I am not a fan of eating the actual vegetable.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kyloctopus

40. Posted:

Pac Man
Pitbull
Breaking Bad.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus