Forums

Topic: Anyone up to making a game?

Posts 181 to 200 of 440

Turnip

:3 well, funky gamer: who would've thought a pink puffball named kirby would be one of the most popular nintendo franchises.

also, the squirrel won't need to get us very far: it's a 2D platformer, not a RPG

Edited on by Turnip

Cringing is really fun.

Funky_Gamer

@Werble yeah, but its a pink fluff ball.

Anyway for a squirrel story... I finally came up with something.

The squirrel dude (what ever his name is) is hanging out doing what ever he does. Suddenly he's captured by humans. The humas are doing tests on animals and by the looks of it, our squirrel friend isn't going to survive. (In the testing chamber image a bunch of bones everywhere...) Well anyway, the humans threw him in teh chamber and began the test. Smoke fills the chamber, and when the smoke clears a much larger, muscularer, and tougher looking squirrel figure is seen.

Thats bout all I got, and I have no idea of what happens after that... (That above story is supposed to be an intro to our possible story)

EDIT: Well if we already have a story then don't worry about this.

EDIT 2: On the google doc, which is for sprites? Art or Characters?

Edited on by Funky_Gamer

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

Mabbit

@Funky Gamer, I haven't gotten the official "okay" from Kaiser to use the Google Doc, so don't put anything on it yet, but sprites would preferably go in "Art" to start out with

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Funky_Gamer

@Briunj04 ok thanks. I think I'll work on mostly Background/Ground stuff. And probably some small enemies. Well when we figure everything out I'll decide...

Edit: and don't characters kinda go along with story?

Edited on by Funky_Gamer

TLink9

I want to help. If there is anything I could do. I am good with sprites and stuff (pixel art).
Untitled
Beta version of dino-ribbit with a random block, could change color scheme later.
EDIT: Also I need to add shading.
Untitled
EDIT2:Updated version.

Edited on by TLink9

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Ne...

Hey, um, I made some music for a cave/ice level in D.I.Y. I would post it right now, but I can't find my cord to record it. But I'm getting a new one, so for now, it's in my crates on D.I.Y. My FC is 1248 3850 6868

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Xkhaoz

Here's that VGM I said I made. Sorry for the low-quality. [youtube:NlcVwKv13G0]

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Objection

I like the main melody and the way the last section is added, but I'm not big on the coins and whatnot beign added, just makes it a little tedious, especially if this was a VG BGM clip (they loop.)

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

theblackdragon

read this post, plz

I just had to take down the URL to y'all's Google document and i set access to Private because it had been vandalized for srs. Y'all may want to consider locking it to where only users who are actively working on the project may access it as opposed to leaving it open for anyone and/or everyone to get to so long as they have the URL. :/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Objection

much appreciated, tbd. i was wondering if something was going to happen to it becuase it was open. shame that such measures have to be taken, but they DO.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

Funky_Gamer

@Odnetnin as far as I know this is a 2D Platformer. Bruinj and Myself think we have a story but have'nt really talked about it or gotten any feedback. Feel free to help us out though.

And I am also quite interested in some of the sprites and whatever for the game. Maybe even character design if I'm crazy enough. By the end of the week I'll try to have something to show off.

Edited on by Funky_Gamer

longtimegamer

I've got to catch up on everything here tomorrow. I know I hadnt commented last couple of days, but I did couple character sketches of the squirrel last week, it's on paper. I'll have to redraw em onto the pc and try to show them to you all tomorrow.

Edited on by longtimegamer

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Funky_Gamer

No posts for a while...

Well I say its about time that we start getting organized and get somewhere with this project. We need to figure out our art style, the main plot, and all that other good stuff. I think that me and the other story artists need to agree on a plot that everyone agrees with, the graphic artsists figure out an art style we're gonna have, and any other groups of people working on whatever they can. There are gonna be many distractions and other problems that can and will slow us down (3DS for example) so I say that we get as much done as we can.

KaiserGX

We don't need to worry about art style for now. We can always alter graphics. Since everyone is going to add in a bit, not everyone will be able to draw in the same style. That is the last thing we will do with the game once we have the engine, level design and t-shirts (jk).

I think everyone has settled on the pollution theme. If you want something more concrete, I will combined everything we have received so far. As always this is not final and is subject to change.

The world through the years has advanced in the fields of medicine and technology, so vast no human could ever think possible. It has made lives easier for many, but has it also made lives miserable? Bio-Tech was a company founded 1981, praised for their huge strides in the scientific community but drew heavy controversy over their harsh treatment to the environment and the experiments conducted on animals. To prevent further negative publicity to the company name, they created several Bio-Dome facilities within their factory. These artificial areas are replicated to be 100% exact as their real life counter parts.

Welcome to the town of Lunaville? Though in reality it is a forest park, can animals tell the difference from their home? It his home to many lively creatures. For one we have Tim the Squirrel, well he isn't that lively at the moment. Watching his favorite show in the comfort of his home. Suddenly the ground starts to rumble causing the television set to fall over. Tim rushes to the window to see what the hubbub is. A large 50 foot machine marches towards his home! Steam and oil can be seen in all directions! What a horrible mess! Quick into action he bullets towards the juggernaut and climbs up the tires. He tries to bite the rubber casing but it is no good for his trusty chompers. He sees a shadow over him, as he turns around it is a largely built construction worker. A quick escape, failed. He passes out only to awaken several hours later. I am back home, he says to himself. Though something does not look or feel right. Where is the fresh breeze? It smells like garbage. Takes a quick look at the sky, only to be disappointed. Guess those Bio-Domes aren't 100% percent artificial as they said.

This is where you get to play, however you cannot run very fast or jump very high. It is more like a tutorial, but a basic on at that. You meet up with on of your friends but are taken again for testing. This is when your Super abilities come in and you brake out! Time for the real game!

Btw in case you didn't get what happen. They said they built Bio-Domes so they wouldn't mess with nature anymore. What they really did is used giant machines to rip part of the land itself and took it over to their factory and sealed it in a giant container. Taking any animals they see as well. Gameplsy-wise the Bio-Domes would be considered worlds, since each one is a different habitat. Forest, Swamp, Cave, Tundra, Desert, Mountains, Ocean, ect. Since you can easily leave them and go to another one. All within the factory.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

SonicMaster

Hey, I have an idea. How about he leaves his town/village/thing and meets a rabbit named Charlie, who he befriends? Charlie would be his companion and go with him the whole way through, then when taking on the head of the evil corporation, Charlie dies with honor to save Tim's life. What do you think? It came to mind when I was reading this thread and thinking about my fallen bunny, Charlie. It would certainly mean a lot.

SonicMaster

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.