Forums

Topic: Anyone else hate April 1st on the internet?

Posts 61 to 79 of 79

clicketyclick

the+shpydar wrote:

Following on what clickety said, i'd probably enjoy April Fools Day more if i was ever actually fooled. I honestly can't think of a single AFD joke/prank/whatever that has "fooled" me since i was an itsy bitsy Shpydar. Not saying i'm like a genius, just that it's always so obvious.

That's what's annoying -- the day ends up filled with annoying "jokes", obviously fake stories. There are a few nuggets that pop up now and again (and you Brits --particualrly the British Media -- out there seem to be much better at it), but for the most part it's a bunch of annoyances. I remember the first year i was regularly on the 'net during April Fools (would have been the mid-to-late 90s, i guess), and Newsboards were just spammed with "(So and so celebrity) IS DEAD!" threads.

Meh. Not like it's a big deal or anything. I am just a grumpy curmudgeon, and i have no lawn of which to yell at kids to get off.

Fixed!
The good jokes usually come a day or two before April 1st so that it is open to question whether they're real or not.

But on that note, check out (omg i don't remember how to link properly hopefully this works) this link. I can't believe there are people out there dumb enough to have fallen for some of these. A spaghetti tree? Seriously? How could anyone fall for that. Everyone knows they grow on bushes.

Now Playing: Bioshock

Percentful

@clicketyclick of course it grows on trees. Don't you remember the song?
On top of spaghetti
All covered with cheese,
I lost my poor meatball,
When somebody sneezed.

It rolled off the table
And onto the floor,
And then my poor meatball
Rolled out of the door.

It rolled in the garden
And under a bush,
And then my poor meatball
Was nothing but mush.

The mush was as tasty
As tasty could be,
And then the next summer
It grew into a tree.

The tree was all covered,
All covered with moss,
And on it grew meatballs,
And tomato sauce.

So if you eat spaghetti
All covered with cheese,
Hold onto your meatball
Lest somebody sneeze.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

clicketyclick

@rotatingbananas
I don't know what kind of mixed-up childhood you had. Did you go to a Catholic school? In my kindergarten, we sang

Petit poisson, petit poisson
Nager, nager, nager
Petit poisson, petit poisson!
GLOOP GLOOP GLOOP!
Oh non! Il est mangé par un...

Barracude, barracude...
etc.

Percentful

How does the story of a small fish being eaten by a barracuda relate to spaghetti growing on a bush?
I'm confused, but I still stick to the opinion that spaghetti grows on trees.

Just let it happen.

Percentful

Swiket wrote:

clicketyclick wrote:

@rotatingbananas
I don't know what kind of mixed-up childhood you had. Did you go to a Catholic school? In my kindergarten, we sang

Nager, nager, nager
GLOOP GLOOP GLOOP!

Barracude, barracude...
etc.

Did you sing songs about plucking body parts off a bird?

I sang a song about chopping off turkey heads around thanksgiving. It was in spanish, however, and I don't remember all the words.

Just let it happen.

clicketyclick

Swiket wrote:

clicketyclick wrote:

@rotatingbananas

Nager, nager, nager
GLOOP GLOOP GLOOP!

Barracude, barracude...
etc.

Did you sing songs about plucking body parts off a bird?

Probably. We sang songs about dying of the Black Plague.

Natie31

Hate APRIL FOOLS day just not funny at all!

Nintendo Network ID - Natie31
FC: 4124-5005-3092

Rensch

I hate April Fool's jokes, be it on the internet or not. Too bad NL seems to go down this route as well.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

KanrakusPizza

clicketyclick wrote:

KanrakusPizza wrote:

clicketyclick wrote:

I don't get it? Why do people not like April Fools when they get fooled?

I love April Fools day. Its just sometimes, when jokes go a little to far, such as the VC for DSi joke, I get a little mad.

How come that went too far? You were aware it was April 1st right? You were aware that Nintendo is not bringing VC to the DS right?

Uh, no. No, I did not know it was April Fools until someone said it was when I was playing TF2.

wont be on here anymore

KanrakusPizza

Swiket wrote:

Either that, or they should remove team colors, just to confuse everyone.

Now THAT would be funny. XD

wont be on here anymore

jbrodack

I'm rarely fooled for more than a few seconds but sometimes its funny even when you aren't fooled at all. The youtube text mode was funny and so was the Halo Movie trailer.

Its also funny when people are fooled on something trivial and then act all upset and say things like "they went too far".

wii code: 2630-2655-0027-8482
onslaught friend code: 1977-7779-8949
bomberman blast: 1634 2282 0930

Linkuini

Believe me, after sitting through April Fools' Day at school, I was all too happy to jump on the internet and see what kind of nonsense the likes of Google Topeka and NintendoLife had cooked up. Even the obvious pranks can be funny when so many dutiful websurfers get duped and post their infuriated reactions (if you ask me, it's just good sportsmanship to get so riled up when an April Fools joke gets you ). The DSi VC announcement was pretty obvious, sure, but it was still fun to comb the comments for such gems as "damn u all to hell!!!!!", " ... Darn it, that was mean! ", and "April Fool's, jerks. ". Don't worry, though, I can relate. I fall for the jokes on magazine covers labeled "April 1".

Linkuini

Linkuini

irken004 wrote:

I only hate bad April Fools jokes. For example: http://www.google.com/

Topeka? Lame, even if it is the name of a city!

Did you read the article it shows you when you click on the logo? That made me chuckle.

Linkuini

Stuffgamer1

clicketyclick wrote:

I don't get it? Why do people not like April Fools when they get fooled?

If you're not getting fooled, that means the joke was lame.
If you are getting fooled, that means the joke was genius and great.

Do people really enjoy lame jokes more than great ones? I don't get it.

I enjoy jokes that aren't at the expense of people who have good reason to want them to be true. here is an EXCELLENT example of an article that's hilariously obvious, but still well-written and fun to read.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

jbrodack

I thought that article was boring. Maybe could have been funny but way it was written and with way too long a list of characters listed just made it dull. April fools jokes are better when they are completely straight faced or really ridiculous.

I don't mind jokes played on me since that moment when it comes out as a joke is usually either quite funny or a nice relief.

Jokes played on other days may be kinda unfair but if you're in a country that celebrates april fools you have no one to blame but yourself if you're not ready for it.

wii code: 2630-2655-0027-8482
onslaught friend code: 1977-7779-8949
bomberman blast: 1634 2282 0930

Stuffgamer1

@jbrodack: That article IS completely ridiculous...which is why I think it's funny. Those lists of characters accentuate the ridiculousness for people familiar with the series.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.