Forums

Topic: Anybody done a Harlem Shake video?

Posts 41 to 60 of 90

rayword45

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah man making obscene gestures to music is so cool dude. Freakin grow up. No wonder this country and society is the way it is today.

How about you stop being judgmental of children?

This is simple, unpretentious fun. Nobody is eating their own menses for attention not arguing how a song they can't understand is saving the generation.

All we're doing is.having a good time. Apparently everything must be highbrow or the country will go onto the crapper.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

CanisWolfred

There's simple fun, and then there's going out of your way to be an idiot. We can argue all day on which is which, but I certainly know where I stand.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Tasuki

rayword45 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah man making obscene gestures to music is so cool dude. Freakin grow up. No wonder this country and society is the way it is today.

How about you stop being judgmental of children?

This is simple, unpretentious fun. Nobody is eating their own menses for attention not arguing how a song they can't understand is saving the generation.

All we're doing is.having a good time. Apparently everything must be highbrow or the country will go onto the crapper.

There's having a good time and than there is being stupid. How is making obscene gestures dancing a good time it isnt it just shows how freakin immature you are. Stop being judgemental on children? Well didnt you say in a previous post it was 18 year olds? According to the law 18 isn't a child anymore so therefore I am not being judgemental on children.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

rayword45

I said the school age range is that. Misleading.

The people partaking are 14-16. And obscenity isn't pornographic or illegal in this case. Stupid, yes. But we have fun.

Better then doing drugs and sexting at the very least

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Chrono_Cross

rayword45 wrote:

I said the school age range is that. Misleading.

The people partaking are 14-16. And obscenity isn't pornographic or illegal in this case. Stupid, yes. But we have fun.

Better then doing drugs and sexting at the very least

The videos posted in this topic and the one's I unfortunately searched for on Youtube (curiousity), are filled with individuals 18+.

So no, it's not just a teeny bopper trend.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

rayword45

I'm talking about myself specifically. Those 18+ people probably just want quick subscribers.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Chrono_Cross

rayword45 wrote:

I'm talking about myself specifically. Those 18+ people probably just want quick subscribers.

You should be more specific when explaining. But yes, a lot of the more public videos are of young adults, most noticeably college students. Or around that age to be specific.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Nintengirl

I'm 13, and I think it's kinda stupid imo. It'll be dead within a month.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

rayword45

Nintengirl wrote:

I'm 13, and I think it's kinda stupid imo. It'll be dead within a month.

That's how most stupid fads work. Only the stupidest (Gangnam Style) or the ones with goals (Gangnam Style) last.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Chrono_Cross

rayword45 wrote:

Nintengirl wrote:

I'm 13, and I think it's kinda stupid imo. It'll be dead within a month.

That's how most stupid fads work. Only the stupidest (Gangnam Style) or the ones with goals (Gangnam Style) last.

I never knew fads had goals. I always just thought they were fads.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

TysonOfTime

Remember that Pokemon fad?

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

rayword45

Chrono_Cross wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

Nintengirl wrote:

I'm 13, and I think it's kinda stupid imo. It'll be dead within a month.

That's how most stupid fads work. Only the stupidest (Gangnam Style) or the ones with goals (Gangnam Style) last.

I never knew fads had goals. I always just thought they were fads.

Goal of Gangnam Style in this case was to reach one billion views before anything else. Sadly, they accomplished.

Edited on by theblackdragon

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

CowLaunch

The internet has revealed depths of human nature that I would rather have been left undiscovered.

CowLaunch

RR529

I actually don't see how Gangnam Style could be stupider than this.

It was an actual music video that got popular (I never supported it, due to Psy's past anti-American rhetoric, but I can understand why that particular video could get popular). Harlem Shake, not so much (it doesn't have an official music video, as far as I'm aware, & is just people being stupid).

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

rayword45

RR529 wrote:

I actually don't see how Gangnam Style could be stupider than this.

It was an actual music video that got popular (I never supported it, due to Psy's past anti-American rhetoric, but I can understand why that particular video could get popular). Harlem Shake, not so much (it doesn't have an official music video, as far as I'm aware, & is just people being stupid).

I really need to start being more specific.

It's more about the pretentions of Gangnam Style. A lot of hipsters spoke how "Gangnam Style came to save this generations music!" no you stupid pretentious person you're only joining the fad. Stop pretending you give a damn about this song when all you want to do is join the craze.

Harlem Shake is people acting stupid, but nobody is saying "This is saving dance!" or "You need to understand to appreciate!"

Edited on by theblackdragon

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

TysonOfTime

So the lesson I'm getting here is different strokes for different blends of stupidity?

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Bambini134

Check out this one i found its a little different. like most of the ones i have found have been similar like office, or college rooms, and classrooms. i think its the different ones which are best like the underwater one, this isnt the best but it sure is different:
Underwater:

Different Harlem Shake:

i mean people slating these are bitter old farts cos its just a little bit of fun, probably with friends and work colleagues. it may be a fad but isnt that the aim of anything that wants to become popular. and to be honest its done pretty well for itself 44 million hits. I bet that the people slating it either dont have a youtube channel because they are to busy eating Werthers Originals and trudging around on their zimoframes watching the fun things in life pass them by.
you guys try and get 44 million views on one subject alone.

Bambini134

Ketchupcat

Whirlpool wrote:

Can't we talk about the better side of Youtube? Like ASDF6.

THANK YOU FOR CHANGING THE SUBJECT
but actually, I really hate this harlem shake thing (I'm not capitalizing it because it doesn't deserve it) but unfortunately my brother (who's 3 years older than me) is obsessed with it. I hope my generation won't be known for something like this. Maybe I'll teach my dog to talk in complete sentences. Yeah, that'd be cool.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic