General Discussion Forum

Topic: Any National Hockey League fans?

Showing 1 to 15 of 15

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FX29

1. Posted:

Well is anyone here interested in the NHL? Hockey season starts next week, which teams are you guys rooting for?
I'm rooting for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Yes it's true I'm a die hard Leafs fan.
Anyways this is just for fun.

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sonomin

2. Posted:

I'm rooting for the Wild! Although they didn't make it far in the playoffs last season, I'm content with the way they improved. I'm hoping for even better results this year!

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tra_Venous

3. Posted:

Lifelong Oilers fan here. Lot of new faces on the roster and they're looking good thus far.

Tra_Venous

Nintendo Network ID: TravenousMaximus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FX29

4. Posted:

WildTwinVikings wrote:

I'm rooting for the Wild! Although they didn't make it far in the playoffs last season, I'm content with the way they improved. I'm hoping for even better results this year!

Yeah I saw a bit of the series when you guys played Chicago, at least you didn't have that epic collapse lol I predict that the Wild will make the playoffs since your division has gotten easier since the Red Wings are no longer there.

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FX29

5. Posted:

Tra_Venous wrote:

Lifelong Oilers fan here. Lot of new faces on the roster and they're looking good thus far.

It's only a matter of time before the Oilers become a real threat. It will be tough since the Pacific division is filled with strong teams, but I think the Oilers have a chance as long as your goal tending and defense is solid.

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sonomin

6. Posted:

FX29 wrote:

WildTwinVikings wrote:

I'm rooting for the Wild! Although they didn't make it far in the playoffs last season, I'm content with the way they improved. I'm hoping for even better results this year!

Yeah I saw a bit of the series when you guys played Chicago, at least you didn't have that epic collapse lol I predict that the Wild will make the playoffs since your division has gotten easier since the Red Wings are no longer there.

We were never in the same division as the Red Wings. The Red Wings just moved out of the Central Division, and we moved in after the Northwest Division dissolved. Also, it doesn't look super easy for us, as we're now in the same division as the Black Hawks..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FX29

7. Posted:

WildTwinVikings wrote:

FX29 wrote:

WildTwinVikings wrote:

I'm rooting for the Wild! Although they didn't make it far in the playoffs last season, I'm content with the way they improved. I'm hoping for even better results this year!

Yeah I saw a bit of the series when you guys played Chicago, at least you didn't have that epic collapse lol I predict that the Wild will make the playoffs since your division has gotten easier since the Red Wings are no longer there.

We were never in the same division as the Red Wings. The Red Wings just moved out of the Central Division, and we moved in after the Northwest Division dissolved. Also, it doesn't look super easy for us, as we're now in the same division as the Black Hawks..

My mistake, I got mixed up there for a sec, I realize now you guys were in the North West alongside: Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, and Colorado.
However It will be tough but think about it, Chicago and St. Louis are pretty much locks to get in. However that 3rd spot is up for grabs. The Dallas Stars did change their roster with adding young star Seguin but it all comes down to their defense and goalie. The same with Nashville, if Rinne falters so do the Preds, The Winnipeg Jets are a bubble team, their forwards can score but can Pavelec and his D-men play well enough? Finally the Avalanche realistically don't have a chance to make the playoffs they are still in rebuilding mode.

Edited on by FX29

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SpinelessOyster

8. Posted:

Toronto Maple Leafs for sure! Looking so forward to this season after what happened with Buffalo!!

3DS Friend Code: 0731-5874-4839

Nintendo Network ID: SpinelessOyster | Twitter: SpinelessOyster

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FX29

9. Posted:

SpinelessOyster wrote:

Toronto Maple Leafs for sure! Looking so forward to this season after what happened with Buffalo!!

Yeah that was the craziest brawl I've seen in a while lol
I'm very much looking forward to the season, opening night against the Montreal Canadiens should be awesome to watch!

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

10. Posted:

Sorry I am not Canadian :P

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SpinelessOyster

11. Posted:

FX29 wrote:

Yeah that was the craziest brawl I've seen in a while lol
I'm very much looking forward to the season, opening night against the Montreal Canadiens should be awesome to watch!

Yeah, games against the Canadiens are usually pretty good! I might be getting some tickets for the game against the Senators on the 5th. I can't wait.

3DS Friend Code: 0731-5874-4839

Nintendo Network ID: SpinelessOyster | Twitter: SpinelessOyster

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Marks

12. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Sorry I am not Canadian :P

Now, who didn't see this coming?

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FX29

13. Posted:

SpinelessOyster wrote:

FX29 wrote:

Yeah that was the craziest brawl I've seen in a while lol
I'm very much looking forward to the season, opening night against the Montreal Canadiens should be awesome to watch!

Yeah, games against the Canadiens are usually pretty good! I might be getting some tickets for the game against the Senators on the 5th. I can't wait.

Nice, Leafs vs Sens is always a good rivalry. Also don't forget about the Winter Classic, Red Wings vs Maple Leafs should be an exciting game to watch!

Edited on by FX29

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sonomin

14. Posted:

Well, my Wild lost in a shootout tonight. They played decently, but they gave up a goal at a crucial time. They couldn't score when they had to either. However, there's still the rest of the season to turn around.

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FX29

15. Posted:

WildTwinVikings wrote:

Well, my Wild lost in a shootout tonight. They played decently, but they gave up a goal at a crucial time. They couldn't score when they had to either. However, there's still the rest of the season to turn around.

Exactly, and look on the bright side the Wild still got a point. In my books shootouts don't really count as victories since it's pretty much a gamble for both teams and it has nothing to do with team on team play.

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983