Forums

Topic: Any Good Music Albums?

Posts 41 to 56 of 56

D33G

Habit by Neon Trees and Best I Never Had by Downtown Fiction.

3DS FC: 1633-4209-9013
MK7 Communities: Race: 61-2419-4309-3787
Balloon: 52-9956-0588-5533
Coin: 30-4169-6281-0565

Lotice-Paladin

Mickeymac wrote:

^Cool. I'm listening to one of their songs right now. I'll be sure to check it out more in-depth in a little while.

Awesome. If anything, you should look up Forever Delayed, which is the greatest hits but it has no "Send Away the Tigers" songs on there (personally, it's their best album in their latter collection), and it's missing one or two great hits from their cult classic album "The Holy Bible" which has some really great rock and roll tunes.

They made two albums in the past two years but one of them is more of a tribute album to one of their Friend's who was claimed missing during the Holy Bible Tour, but that album is very experimental and is considered to be very underground in terms of taste...I like the randomness of the names but it's hard to pick out which ones you like as the names can confuse you....which is why most people who are fans normally pick the first track "Peeled Apples" as it's the most memorable.

Anyways, thought I add some back history to them for you.

Edited on by Lotice-Paladin

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

skywake

The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest
Sigur Rós - Ágætis byrjun
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Deerhoof - Milk Man

if you forced me to only ever listen to five albums ever again I'd pick these ones.... if I was asked today at least

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Kingbuilder

I'd pretty much give all of TBD's recommendations along with Bad Religion's Stranger Than Fiction, Audioslave's self-titled album Audioslave (derr) and most of all City of Evil by Avenged Sevenfold.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Kid_A

Kids these days and their metal...tisk...

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

CanisWolfred

Speaking of Metal...does anybody know of some Metal songs with genuinely good lyrics? Not to hate or anything, but I ind I like metal more for the guitar riffs rather than the lyrics. I can only think of two bands off-hand that had really good lyrics - Dragonforce and I forget the name of the other one.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Radixxs

No. There are no good music albums. Sorry, but the chance to be an ass was hard to resist

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Dizzy_Boy

mtv unplugged has had some very good performances from good bands. check it out on youtube before you look into buying the albums.
some of my favourite unplugged performances include nirvana (definitly the best one out of all of the bands that have been on there), eric clapton (the whole set was good but "layla" and "tears in heaven" easily stand out as the best 2 songs there), oasis, and r.e.m.
there are loads of others that have been on unplugged, it`s just those 4 bands seem to stick out the most. probably because they`re the first ones that i remember watching.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

geek-master

the best of don henely
the best of Duran Duran
the best of eric clapton
yea thats about it...

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

Kid_A

geek-master wrote:

the best of don henely
the best of Duran Duran
the best of eric clapton
yea thats about it...

I think I'm going to cry...

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

SilverBaretta

Also, forgot to mention, Anamanaguchi has a bundle of free singles on their website from back in the summer. Most of them are really good, sans one remix that I don't like very much.

I'm pretty sure I think I'm funnier than I really am.
10 Years of Kingdom Hearts
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9785-9580
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStormGaming]Watch me and my friends play games! Now with better visual qualit...

CanisWolfred

Epic wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Epic wrote:

Sum 41 - Screaming Bloody Murder. Try it here: http://sbm.sum41.com/

Oh my Gawd, that was great! No seriously, every song in that album really hit home with me. I think we have another winner here.

SUPER LATE RESPONSE:
Glad you liked it if you are still searching for more albums you can try Offspring Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace.
Try it here:
http://grooveshark.com/#/album/Rise+And+Fall+Rage+And+Grace/1...

I appreciate the response, but I already have that album.

To contribute to my own thread, I recently found the latest Iron Maiden album, The Final Frontier, to be pretty good. I've been listening to it for a week now and haven't gotten sick of it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Lan

Static Impulse by James LaBrie. Every song is golden.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

CanisWolfred

theacorndragon wrote:

Static Impulse by James LaBrie. Every song is golden.

Listening to a few tracks, I honestly have to disagree. Then again, that's exactly the kind of metal I try to avoid - Loud with obnoxious vocals. Good try, though. The guitar and drum parts leading up to the vocals were pretty good, and they still ring in my head as of writing this. In fact, I find those to be the best parts of metal, and therefore IMO the best Metal tracks are ones that have few, if any vocals. Which I just recently found out aren't that hard to find.

Of course, I think I put a greater emphasis on vocals that some others. For years I listened to nothing but techno and Instrumental songs because I could not stand the vocals in most popular music. It took me a until a friend got me into alternative rock that I finally found some bands with great vocals.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.