Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 2,161

ClockworkMario

vonboy89 wrote:

I'd rather keep off of E3 stuff untill after my workweek, wich ends wednesday morning. Anyone have a link to the Nintendo Live Event (well, recording of it) I can look at after I get home wednesday? I rather not have to try to look around for it, and catch glimpses of new games before I even see the presentation. That make any sense?

Thanks to anybody that can help!

I get what you mean, I also miss the beginning of the show and will rather watch the whole thing afterwards. I believe the official Nintendo E3 site ought to be safe; that's what I'm counting on at least. They'll probably upload it to their Youtube channel as well, but I fear that I'll catch glimpses of the names of the trailers Nintendo will put there.

Seeing as its time for a new console-Zelda, we really need to see Miyamoto performing again a kin to this: [youtube:VE2Dc1sx71U] How about a full-blown Link costume this time?

Edited on by ClockworkMario

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

shingi_70

We probably won't have a link until closer to tomorrow.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

FlaygletheBagel

My guess is we're going to see a LOT of Smash characters revealed at E3, possibly even the full roster. If not at E3, then it has to be soon. The 3DS version comes out within a couple months, and Sakurai stated the rosters will be the same between 3DS and Wii U, so they don't have much more time to slowly trickle out character reveals before the 3DS version is already in people's hands.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

CaviarMeths

One year ago...

Untitled

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

UGXwolf

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

My guess is we're going to see a LOT of Smash characters revealed at E3, possibly even the full roster. If not at E3, then it has to be soon. The 3DS version comes out within a couple months, and Sakurai stated the rosters will be the same between 3DS and Wii U, so they don't have much more time to slowly trickle out character reveals before the 3DS version is already in people's hands.

Ooooor, ooooooor

Ooooor they could /not/ reveal the full roster and leave certain characters a secret.

And beyond that, they could always patch in the unlocks for certain characters between the 3DS and Wii U launches, but this is Nintendo, and they don't play like that, near as I can tell. They'd only do this if the character were already in the code, but wasn't ready to be played, yet and they needed to patch in some fixes before they released him to the public.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Peach64

Just over two hours to go before an 11 hour marathon of press conferences begin!

Peach64

UGXwolf

Peach64 wrote:

Just over two hours to go before an 11 hour marathon of press conferences begin!

Too bad I'm gonna be at school for most of that. =D I'll catch them afterwards, though, and I'm not afraid of spoilers, since I'll be catching the Nintendo livestream and that's the only one I really wanna go into spoiler-free.

On that note, ANYONE THAT WANTS TO CATCH THE CONFERENCES LATER, SEND ME A MESSAGE ASKING FOR A LINK TO THE FULL CONFERENCE SO YOU CAN BYPASS SPOILERS!

iKhan

UGXwolf wrote:

@iKhan Don't let the rumors get to you. Those are always floating around and most of them are based on what will get the most people disappointed when it doesn't happen. Instead, use your head and look into what people with actual info are saying and implying, then you'll find things to be hyped for, in one way or another.

For instance, I got the Wii U, and as talk of a new Retro game started circulating before E3 2013, do you know what my thought process was? "Everyone thinks it'll be another Metroid Prime, but... weren't they finished with that series? I suppose a new Metroid is still possible, but let me check... Ah ha! They DID say they were done with Prime. Aren't these the guys that made that new Donkey Kong game that I never got around to playing? Oooh, I really hope they reveal a new Donkey Kong game in the vein of the last one."

My hype was through the roof when they announced Tropical Freeze, and it may still be my most treasured Wii U game, thus far.

Go in with an idea of what to expect, rather than an expectation of their ideas and you'll find yourself coming out a lot happier than you would've, before.

But most of the rumors I'm talking about have some substance. The Pokken Fighters game? S.T.E.A.M? Devil's 3rd? Then you look at the teams that haven't made games in a while. Camelot, Next Level, you start to see a clear likelihood.

I don't get hyped for nothing. We knew retro was getting a new game at last years E3, and I was actually expecting Star Fox, but I wasn't actually disappointed when I saw DK. I was disappointed when I saw it was another 2D Platformer (a gripe I've voiced before).

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

For the record, the CoD Advanced Warfare trailer should totally open like this

"There are two kinds of CoD, the kind that pushes the series forward, or useless CoD, the kind of CoD that makes gamers suffer. I have no patience for useless things"

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

"There are two kinds of CoD, the kind that pushes the series forward, or useless CoD, the kind of CoD that makes gamers suffer. I have no patience for useless things"

There really only is one type of CoD though. It's been released every year since MW2.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

CaviarMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

There really only is one type of CoD though. It's been released every year since MW2.

And then there was the CoD before MW2. The former. The latter needs to be strangled to death by Kevin Spacey

UGXwolf

@iKhan I think I've said before that a bunch of 2-D Platformers in early console life should've been expected. It's what Nintendo is best at, and their big time issue was HD graphics, so a genre that isn't exactly graphically intensive, for the most part which also happens to be the genre Nintendo has the most experience in was just inevitable. Besides, I can only think of three 2D Performers that matter, not counting the Luigi DLC.

As for this E3, it definitely sounds like you're just getting second thoughts at the last minute. Just go in with high hopes and reasonable expectations and you should be pleased.

iKhan

UGXwolf wrote:

@iKhan I think I've said before that a bunch of 2-D Platformers in early console life should've been expected. It's what Nintendo is best at, and their big time issue was HD graphics, so a genre that isn't exactly graphically intensive, for the most part which also happens to be the genre Nintendo has the most experience in was just inevitable. Besides, I can only think of three 2D Performers that matter, not counting the Luigi DLC.

As for this E3, it definitely sounds like you're just getting second thoughts at the last minute. Just go in with high hopes and reasonable expectations and you should be pleased.

Well, as a Nintendo fan who started with the N64, 2-D Platformers are among the last things I expect from Nintendo on a console. Just think about it, Yoshi's Story and DK Jungle Beat are the only two we got from Nintendo on the N64 and GC, and 2D Platformers really didn't appear on Wii until later in it's life.

So I'm sort of bound to be disappointed by a 2D Platformer reveal.

UGXwolf

@iKhan To each their own. I'd love a new game like SM64, but I DID start with DKC, Super Mario Land, and Yoshi's Island, so 2D Performers are always a treat for me.

Ryno

Last day for rumors, so going to enjoy this until the inevitable disappointment that will be Nintendo's E3 (going with the reverse psychology here). Remember the guy from IGN that had a German friend that worked at Nintendo Großostheim from the beginning of rumor season? Well, since that Nintendo location is shutting down and the guy is loosing his job, he went ahead and spilled some beans. I know, it sounds totally like a fan wishlist but whatever, last day for E3 rumors for awhile.

Okay, I asked him to unveil the full plans (he was pissed though). Get ur body ready.

• Zelda U Trailer
  • new hardware is the NFP platform for 3DS
  • X, Bayo, Yoshi and FE will be there.
    Pokken Fighters will be there
  • Super Mario Sunshine remake will be announced
  • Fatal Frame will be there
  • There will be a new Metroid game
  • a new Starfox will be there
  • a new F-Zero too!
  • S.T.E.A.M. is a new IP, an alien FPS made by Mr. Miyamoto that is "mature"
  • Majoras Mask 3D will be announced
  • the cancelled game was a indie game
  • There are more exclusive third party co developments than you think and some of them are very surprising!
  • There will be some casual games too (meh...)

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/rumour-ive-got-very-hot-inf...

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

sugarpixel

...anyone else freaked out about Nintendo's QoL thing I had almost forgotten about...? I am super curious/silently highly concerned to find out what it is... o.o

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

IceClimbers

My main way of keeping my expectations in check is to get hyped for the games we already know about (Smash Bros, X, and Zelda U in particular). That way, anything else is just a surprise. To be honest, I just wanna play Smash! Still excited for everything else though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

UGXwolf

@Ryno We already discussed that one. Someone pointed out that if Fast Racing Neo was canceled, they could repurpose it into an F-Zero title. I also noticed that the teams exist for this, and if Retro has been working on Metroid since at least November, they had time to at least scrap together a teaser. Not to mention that Platinum almost certainly had a team that could at least start early development for Star Fox.

In short, interesting and not impossible, but hardly guaranteed.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.