Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 2,161

Taceus

MAB has the sight

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

RR529

As for my 3DS predictions:

• Super Smash Bros. 3DS (August)
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (November)
  • Pokémon Art Academy (Fall, maybe to coincide with Wii U Art Academy)
  • Dragon Quest VII (Nintendo published.)
  • Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney (Nintendo published)
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

3DS seems to be tougher to call IMO, because it seems they're more focused on turning the Wii U around at the time being. I'm thinking that for now, they're 3DS strategy will mostly consist of focusing on/publishing Japanese 3rd party games.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

IceClimbers

MAB wrote:

MAB'S E3 2014 PREDICTION

SONY - A wall of twin stick shooters, over-hyped horror game that will get poor reviews, big cutscene trailers with no gameplay footage.

MICROSOFT - See above.

NINTENDO - Mario, Mario, Mario, Smash, X, Mario, Pokemon, Pokemon, more Mario, Zelda U cutscene from 2 years ago.

You forgot Sony's massive indie reel!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

RR529 wrote:

As for my 3DS predictions:

• Super Smash Bros. 3DS (August)
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (November)
  • Pokémon Art Academy (Fall, maybe to coincide with Wii U Art Academy)
  • Dragon Quest VII (Nintendo published.)
  • Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney (Nintendo published)
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

3DS seems to be tougher to call IMO, because it seems they're more focused on turning the Wii U around at the time being. I'm thinking that for now, they're 3DS strategy will mostly consist of focusing on/publishing Japanese 3rd party games.

You forgot Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal

MAB

IceClimbers wrote:

MAB wrote:

MAB'S E3 2014 PREDICTION

SONY - A wall of twin stick shooters, over-hyped horror game that will get poor reviews, big cutscene trailers with no gameplay footage.

MICROSOFT - See above.

NINTENDO - Mario, Mario, Mario, Smash, X, Mario, Pokemon, Pokemon, more Mario, Zelda U cutscene from 2 years ago.

The reality is that MicroSony droids care for indies as much as Nintendites care about 3rd party games

MAB

shingi_70

MAB wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

MAB wrote:

MAB'S E3 2014 PREDICTION

MICROSOFT - See above.

The reality is that MicroSony droids care for indies as much as Nintendites care about 3rd party games

Well in the top ten best selling PS4 games on the play station store six re indie/smaller games, and despite that indies seem to do great on both PS/Xbox platforms.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MAB

To be fair though, there isn't much else to buy on a PS4 at the moment

MAB

shingi_70

MAB wrote:

To be fair though, there isn't much else to buy on a PS4 at the moment

Well its not the Soony Delaystation for nothing.

Seriously though I think sony has done a pretty good job of treating the PS ecosystem as a console indie haven, that is a decent PC alternative. I've been talking to friends who are usually the more bro gamer who've been playing Transistor and stuff like COL and sound shapes.

I think Nintendo has done a good job on thier eshop based systems as well. Youstart aking smaller first party games to bring attention to these markets.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

IceClimbers

The Last Guardian has been officially cancelled. You heard that right, CANCELLED.

kkslider5552000

Yep, just checked. Wow, that's a huge blow for some people.

Like I almost have to believe they have some surprise from that team for E3 otherwise...

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

8BitSamurai

IceClimbers wrote:

The Last Guardian has been officially cancelled. You heard that right, CANCELLED.

Not that I don't believe it, but source? Honestly, I think it should have been cancelled years ago.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Red_XIII

Well, golly, there goes the last reason for me to go next-gen.

Red_XIII

iKhan

Okay time to throw out a new crazy insane prediction.

Nintendo announces a new game directed by Ueda. Coming in 2015

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Red_XIII

Unless I get goo solid confirmation from Sony, I call BS.

Red_XIII

8BitSamurai

iKhan wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Not that I don't believe it, but source? Honestly, I think it should have been cancelled years ago.

NOOOOOO!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/08/the-last-guardian-canc...

"According to our sources" How is that a legitimate source? Maybe I'm missing something.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

iKhan

8BitSamurai wrote:

iKhan wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

NOOOOOO!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/08/the-last-guardian-canc...

"According to our sources" How is that a legitimate source? Maybe I'm missing something.

IGN rarely reports on BS sources. If they post something like this, chances are that it's true.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

IceClimbers

Pretty huge blow for Sony fans like myself, especially when Sony's conference is only 2 days away.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.