Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 2,161

Arminillo

The Link we see in Smash 4 is the Link we will see in the new Zelda.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Why is SE so persistent with the game that nobody likes? Are they really expecting a FFXIII trilogy collection to sell well?

Anyway, I may be interested in a Twilight Princess or even Skyward Sword remaster for Wii U not for the upgraded visuals, but for added control options. If they add Gamepad or Pro Controller support, I'd buy both. If it was just an upgrade to HD though, I doubt I would bother. I can already play the Wii disc on my Wii U.

Square-enix would rather force feed us more lightning than admit her charcater sort of failed. To the point she got main event quest lines in the Dragon Quest X and Final Fantasy XIV.

Looks like I have monday and tuesday off so i'm good as far as E3 go. I'll be picking up my snacks tommorow and i'm looking forwrd to two days of shut in gaming.

Square Enix will rather port the Lightning Saga to Xbox One/PS4 but not even give any information about FF XV or KH3 at E3.... Just what is going on?!?!?!?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

I could see that happening, I liked the graphics of that small one second glimpse of hyrule in the first smash bros for Wii U trailer.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Knux

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

Yep, that's definitely Square Enix's style. Probably legit.

Knux

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Why is SE so persistent with the game that nobody likes? Are they really expecting a FFXIII trilogy collection to sell well?

Anyway, I may be interested in a Twilight Princess or even Skyward Sword remaster for Wii U not for the upgraded visuals, but for added control options. If they add Gamepad or Pro Controller support, I'd buy both. If it was just an upgrade to HD though, I doubt I would bother. I can already play the Wii disc on my Wii U.

Square-enix would rather force feed us more lightning than admit her charcater sort of failed. To the point she got main event quest lines in the Dragon Quest X and Final Fantasy XIV.

Looks like I have monday and tuesday off so i'm good as far as E3 go. I'll be picking up my snacks tommorow and i'm looking forwrd to two days of shut in gaming.

Square Enix will rather port the Lightning Saga to Xbox One/PS4 but not even give any information about FF XV or KH3 at E3.... Just what is going on?!?!?!?

Neither game will be out till next year at the earliest and being a Japanese company they'll probably do most reveals at their own events,

We got the FFXIII release date from this

Also at the end of the day porting the lightning games wouldn't have to take away assets from XV.

Also don't expect much information form Kingdom Hearts III for a while. The trailer from last year was a CG mock up of what they wanted and we didn't get any real gameplay to the mount Olympus trailer at the D event. The game apparently just went into full development in the recent months according to the HD 2.5 trailer. Plus you have to assume that no matter what the development is also dependent on Disney wants, so not only are existing models and worlds have to be redone (the bad thing about not getting an HD KH game last gen), but were probably going to get new worlds based on the recent crop of Disney movies including frozen which would kick development back due to assets and rewrites of each world story according to disney.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

UGXwolf

@Jazzer94 Do you HONESTLY think they won't have more content than Brawl did? Do you seriously believe that? The Wii U discs give Sakurai tons of space to work with. I know people /think/ that the versions will practically be the exact same, but that's a silly thing to think. We've already seen the massive difference in music libraries. There will undoubtedly be more stages. I assure you there will be more modes than 3DS will have and likely more than Brawl. So there won't be an SSE. BIG DEAL! There will be other things in its place. Sakurai's only problem with SSE was the cutscenes being too easy to get a hold of outside of the game. He felt they held no value to people buying the game, as you could look it up and see the exact same thing on YouTube. THIS IS THE ONLY THING WE SHOULD NOT EXPECT. Custom stages? Most likely. Even larger library of music, stickers, trophies, items, and the like? Practically guaranteed. It'll probably have more stages than Brawl, we've already seen it has more alternate costumes than Brawl, and it even has more online options than Brawl, which is something no one would've been shocked if they'd just ignored it, considering Nintendo's past with online.

With everything that we've seen, the amount of sheer detail and all the new items, the stages and characters and animations and even the alternate costumes. Do you honestly believe for even a second that Smash 4 Wii U won't be at least on par with Brawl in terms of content? Just because we haven't SEEN any reason to get the Wii U version over the 3DS version doesn't mean there won't be one. There's a whole half of a year between the two versions, at most, and still over 3 months at the least. Do you think that in this amount of time, they won't info dump like a boss to show us why we're gonna want both versions? To you think they won't introduce new modes and options for gameplay. They may even dedicate an entire Direct to just the Wii U version in that time. They've certainly got the sheer manpower to make that kind of set up without sacrificing much on the development cycle. There's absolutely no reason to even think that Smash Wii U won't have more content.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Shirma_Akayaku

UGXwolf wrote:

@Jazzer94 Do you HONESTLY think they won't have more content than Brawl did? Do you seriously believe that? The Wii U discs give Sakurai tons of space to work with. I know people /think/ that the versions will practically be the exact same, but that's a silly thing to think. We've already seen the massive difference in music libraries. There will undoubtedly be more stages. I assure you there will be more modes than 3DS will have and likely more than Brawl. So there won't be an SSE. BIG DEAL! There will be other things in its place. Sakurai's only problem with SSE was the cutscenes being too easy to get a hold of outside of the game. He felt they held no value to people buying the game, as you could look it up and see the exact same thing on YouTube. THIS IS THE ONLY THING WE SHOULD NOT EXPECT. Custom stages? Most likely. Even larger library of music, stickers, trophies, items, and the like? Practically guaranteed. It'll probably have more stages than Brawl, we've already seen it has more alternate costumes than Brawl, and it even has more online options than Brawl, which is something no one would've been shocked if they'd just ignored it, considering Nintendo's past with online.

With everything that we've seen, the amount of sheer detail and all the new items, the stages and characters and animations and even the alternate costumes. Do you honestly believe for even a second that Smash 4 Wii U won't be at least on par with Brawl in terms of content? Just because we haven't SEEN any reason to get the Wii U version over the 3DS version doesn't mean there won't be one. There's a whole half of a year between the two versions, at most, and still over 3 months at the least. Do you think that in this amount of time, they won't info dump like a boss to show us why we're gonna want both versions? To you think they won't introduce new modes and options for gameplay. They may even dedicate an entire Direct to just the Wii U version in that time. They've certainly got the sheer manpower to make that kind of set up without sacrificing much on the development cycle. There's absolutely no reason to even think that Smash Wii U won't have more content.

This is a lot to read. TL; SR (Too Long; Still Read).

I think Smash will have a lot of content considering there will be more space since SSE won't return.
SSE cutscenes took up a huge portion of the game's data.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

shingi_70

Dudes we already know this is just a cashgrab by nintendo to get more money. Smash Bros is pretty much have a ton of microtransactions.

/s

WAT!

IceClimbers

I'm hoping we see Fatal Frame V's localization confirmed and if we're lucky, some gameplay. I care more about the localization at the moment though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

Blah blah blah you think it will have more content though as I said we don't know yet that is all didn't say it would didn't say it wouldn't.

UGXwolf wrote:

And now you are contradicting yourself and backpedaling.

Edit: I'm tired so I'll reply in more detail tomorrow, oh and we have no idea how large SSB4 will be for Wii U it could be 10GB it could be 20GB and the jump to HD and better quality sound files means more space is used up on the same amount of things then would be for SD.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

shingi_70

@IceClimbers

It should, nintendo can't be picky on what comes out to the west and I assume the game has to pretty far in development since its supposed to be released near the movie thats coming this year.

Sony is rumored to be working on a another horror game (Until Dawn is still in development) and might be shown off at E3.
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/06/rumour_you_should_prob...

Looks very Clive Barker inspired and it might use the VR headset.
Untitled

WAT!

IceClimbers

shingi_70 wrote:

@IceClimbers

It should, nintendo can't be picky on what comes out to the west and I assume the game has to pretty far in development since its supposed to be released near the movie thats coming this year.

Sony is rumored to be working on a another horror game (Until Dawn is still in development) and might be shown off at E3.
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/06/rumour_you_should_prob...

Looks very Clive Barker inspired and it might use the VR headset.
Untitled

True. Iwata did say that the games they're showing at E3 are either early in development or nearly complete, so who knows. Also that game looks interesting.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

RR529

You know, E3 is a huge undertaking. One small mistake and all of LA could be levelled.

You have all these powerful beings in one small area (each very proud of their brand), and it's a tough job keeping them content. A potential gunfight between Halo's Spartans & Metroid's Galactic Federation could wipe downtown off the map in an afternoon.

Heck, I remember one year where Sackboy snuck into the Nintendo booth, and thought it'd be funny to release the Pokémon from their enclosure. Needless to say, that was a mess to clean up.

Don't even get me started on the time when Fox picked a fight with Ratchet. 13 poor journalists, all turned into sheep...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Red_XIII

E3 will be brutal this year, in terms of console wars. Shots will be fired; blades will bleed.

Red_XIII

shingi_70

Friendships will be broken.

Seriously i'm glad I work tomorrow. Its a sunday so not alot to do at all, so being at work i get off 11pm grab my snacks and i'm good to go for tomorrow morning.

WAT!

RR529

Okay, time to be more serious. Here's what I believe they'll announce as far as Wii U goes:

• NES Remix 1+2 retail (This Summer. Maybe around the same time as Wii Sports Club retail?)
  • Hyrule Warriors (September)
  • Bayonetta 2 (October)
  • Super Smash Bros. Wii U (November or December. NFC compatible)
  • Art Academy (The full version of whatever the Sketchpad app is a demo of. November or December. NFC compatible)
  • X (Fall 2014 Japan, Q1 2015 NA/EU)
  • Yarn Yoshi (2015. NFC compatible)
  • Pokken Fighters (2015. NFC compatible)
  • Strike Team Eliminating Alien Menace (2015)
  • Zelda U (2015)

That seems a bit too much maybe (especially considering I'm not accounting for 3DS...), but I don't know.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MAB

MAB'S E3 2014 PREDICTION

SONY - A wall of twin stick shooters, over-hyped horror game that will get poor reviews, big cutscene trailers with no gameplay footage.

MICROSOFT - See above.

NINTENDO - Mario, Mario, Mario, Smash, X, Mario, Pokemon, Pokemon, more Mario, Zelda U cutscene from 2 years ago.

MAB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.