Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 2,161

IceClimbers

Ryno wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

So what month do you think we will see Bayonetta 2 released? My bet's on September.

I guess August, followed by Hyrule Warriors in September.

I'm thinking Hyrule Warriors in August, Bayonetta 2 in September. Guess we'll find out at E3 (hopefully).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm mixed on Destiny. You're probably right but I would really like to play a Halo that doesn't feel like it's been milked to death.

Destiny and The Division both look horrible to me. I'm giving the Division more of a chance, though.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

Jazzer94 wrote:

You missed his point entirely didn't you? He most likely wants the complete package without silly pay wall (NFC figures) locking items off, seeing as Brawl was packed full of content that didn't require paying more money for plastic figures to get custom stage parts I can understand why he doesn't want to now.

I couldn't agree less. You're already getting the full package. Nintendo has never given us less than we should expect from a series and then given us the rest in another format. You thought Brawl was packed with content? You ain't seen nothing, yet. Smash Wii U is going to be stuffed and it has more space than the Wii discs did. You will most certainly not be getting less than your money's worth, but some people will want more. Some people will always want more, and why shouldn't they use NFP to give those people more. Some of us are likely to buy the figurines, anyways, so why not get some extra content out of it? That's the key word, by the way: EXTRA. It's EXTRA. It's not part of the game. It wasn't supposed to be part of the game, but they add it because people want it. You think there'll be a lack of unlockables just because they can get you to pay for extra content that you never did, nor ever will actually need to fully enjoy the game? You clearly don't know Nintendo very well. I'm just sick of people constantly complaining about Nintendo doing DLC and NFC and figurines and alternate monetization models, when other companies have been screwing people for years and Nintendo's actually making the prices fair. People seriously need to pull themselves together and stop assuming that everything that can be abused is automatically a bad thing. If the price is too much and no one buys it, Nintendo will drop the price. If the content is dumb and no one wants it, Nintendo will likely beef it up or drop the idea. VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET!!! You won't need the NFP figures to enjoy the game to its fullest extent. People really have to get out of that mindset, because that's how companies successfully screw their customers out of their hard-earned cash.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Melkac

@IceClimbers Hmm, isn't Bayonetta 2 already dubbed in english? The japanese version I mean, doesn't it already have english voice acting? Then it shouldn't be too long until it's released. I'm guessing October-ish. Because Halloween, witches, possible Halloween Wii U bundle...?

shingi_70 wrote:

@Melkac

Whatever do you mean?

#GreatnessAwaits

Any who called the castle game on the last page. Between the re-release and it being in Nintendo land I think something is in the works.

That greatness sure is taking its sweet time to come.
Seriously though, I really hope they're working on a new Takamaru game. While I haven't even played TMMC... ... ...SAMURAIS! Who doesn't love samurais?! You know what's better than samurais? NINTENDO samurais!

...Hm, now that I think about it, I wonder what Next Level Games is working on?

Edited on by Melkac

Melkac

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm mixed on Destiny. You're probably right but I would really like to play a Halo that doesn't feel like it's been milked to death.

Destiny and The Division both look horrible to me. I'm giving the Division more of a chance, though.

Well it mostly depends not only how much you like shooters, but if you enjoy MMOs or Pusuedo MMOs like Phantasy Star Online.

All of press dates and times.
Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Melkac

shingi_70 wrote:

Blast wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Well it mostly depends not only how much you like shooters, but if you enjoy MMOs or Pusuedo MMOs like Phantasy Star Online.

You also have to take the following into account:
New Ubisoft IPs. Better wait for the much better sequel (it's like a tradition now...)
Activision game.

Melkac

IceClimbers

Melkac wrote:

@IceClimbers Hmm, isn't Bayonetta 2 already dubbed in english? The japanese version I mean, doesn't it already have english voice acting? Then it shouldn't be too long until it's released. I'm guessing October-ish. Because Halloween, witches, possible Halloween Wii U bundle...?

I believe so. Hmm, a Halloween Wii U bundle sounds interesting.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

UGXwolf

I expect Hyrule Warriors in September, Bayo 2 in October/November, Yarn Yoshi in Spring 2015, X in Summer 2015, Smash Wii U /was/ going to be expected in November, but I'm starting to think there will actually be too many games in November and they'll wanna spread it out, so December, I'm also expecting Smash 3DS to be in August. Pretty sure this Summer's gonna be boring, but with MK8 and Tomodachi Life as well as dat backlog, I can't imagine this being such a bad thing, anyways.

cookiex

UGXwolf wrote:

I expect Hyrule Warriors in September, Bayo 2 in October/November, Yarn Yoshi in Spring 2015, X in Summer 2015, Smash Wii U /was/ going to be expected in November, but I'm starting to think there will actually be too many games in November and they'll wanna spread it out, so December

Uh... outside of Pokémon there's nothing announced from Nintendo releasing in November. Besides December is too late to fully capitalize on holiday sales. Smash needs to be out before Black Friday.

And X is/was confirmed for 2014 not long ago so summer 2015 would be a hefty delay.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

unrandomsam

UGXwolf wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

You missed his point entirely didn't you? He most likely wants the complete package without silly pay wall (NFC figures) locking items off, seeing as Brawl was packed full of content that didn't require paying more money for plastic figures to get custom stage parts I can understand why he doesn't want to now.

I couldn't agree less. You're already getting the full package. Nintendo has never given us less than we should expect from a series and then given us the rest in another format. You thought Brawl was packed with content? You ain't seen nothing, yet. Smash Wii U is going to be stuffed and it has more space than the Wii discs did. You will most certainly not be getting less than your money's worth, but some people will want more. Some people will always want more, and why shouldn't they use NFP to give those people more. Some of us are likely to buy the figurines, anyways, so why not get some extra content out of it? That's the key word, by the way: EXTRA. It's EXTRA. It's not part of the game. It wasn't supposed to be part of the game, but they add it because people want it. You think there'll be a lack of unlockables just because they can get you to pay for extra content that you never did, nor ever will actually need to fully enjoy the game? You clearly don't know Nintendo very well. I'm just sick of people constantly complaining about Nintendo doing DLC and NFC and figurines and alternate monetization models, when other companies have been screwing people for years and Nintendo's actually making the prices fair. People seriously need to pull themselves together and stop assuming that everything that can be abused is automatically a bad thing. If the price is too much and no one buys it, Nintendo will drop the price. If the content is dumb and no one wants it, Nintendo will likely beef it up or drop the idea. VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET!!! You won't need the NFP figures to enjoy the game to its fullest extent. People really have to get out of that mindset, because that's how companies successfully screw their customers out of their hard-earned cash.

What about people who want the content but stopped wanting happy meal toys around age 5 or 6 ?

(The Pokemon Rumble U figure thing is probably the worst there is in terms of value).

I probably won't get the Wii U version now (3DS version is first). They have raised the threshold massively for me to get both. (Maybe it is the first ever game worth as much as it will end up costing but I doubt it).

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

UGXwolf

cookiex wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I expect Hyrule Warriors in September, Bayo 2 in October/November, Yarn Yoshi in Spring 2015, X in Summer 2015, Smash Wii U /was/ going to be expected in November, but I'm starting to think there will actually be too many games in November and they'll wanna spread it out, so December

Uh... outside of Pokémon there's nothing announced from Nintendo releasing in November. Besides December is too late to fully capitalize on holiday sales. Smash needs to be out before Black Friday.

And X is/was confirmed for 2014 not long ago so summer 2015 would be a hefty delay.

Mind you, I'm not saying there WILL be too many things in November, but I just have this feeling that it's gonna wind up being that way. That said, 3D World was the big game for last year and was released in time for Black Friday, so we'll have to see.

And I feel like X getting delayed is practically guaranteed. Again, I could be wrong, but it has always felt like a Summer game to me, anyways. I could see Spring 2015, or even Winter. but I just don't see it coming out this year.

@unrandomsam The Wii U version is practically guaranteed to be leagues better than 3DS version. We've already seen the 3DS version will be extremely lacking in content comparatively, as there's already going to be far more music in the Wii U version, not to mention the Wii U version will undoubtedly look far better. It'll play better, too, as you'll actually have access to standard and GCN controllers. The reason the 3DS version looks better right now, is because it's coming out within a few months, while the Wii U version still has over a year before it comes out.

As for figurines, I don't see how not wanting the figurines themselves factors in. If you want the content, but not the figurine, get the figurine for the content and put it away until you have another game to use it for.

Edited on by UGXwolf

Shirma_Akayaku

Will we expect PINK GOLD PEACH to ruin E3?

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

kkslider5552000

Rosalina wrote:

Will we expect PINK GOLD PEACH to ruin E3?

Pink Gold Peach will clearly be the antagonist of Super Princess Peach 2.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryno

UGXwolf wrote:

And I feel like X getting delayed is practically guaranteed. Again, I could be wrong, but it has always felt like a Summer game to me, anyways. I could see Spring 2015, or even Winter. but I just don't see it coming out this year.

The Wii U version is practically guaranteed to be leagues better than 3DS version. We've already seen the 3DS version will be extremely lacking in content comparatively, as there's already going to be far more music in the Wii U version, not to mention the Wii U version will undoubtedly look far better. It'll play better, too, as you'll actually have access to standard and GCN controllers. The reason the 3DS version looks better right now, is because it's coming out within a few months, while the Wii U version still has over a year before it comes out.

How is X "getting delayed practically guaranteed?" They have been working on that game for 4 years now. "Summer game," what does that even mean?

Also, did I miss something, I thought Smash was coming out in the end of 2014?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

cookiex

cookiex wrote:

Mind you, I'm not saying there WILL be too many things in November, but I just have this feeling that it's gonna wind up being that way.

With what? Zelda U is the only possible candidate to replace Smash Bros. in a prime month like November, and the chance of Zelda U being far along enough in development to be released this year are slim at best. Anything of lesser caliber would be the one moving to December, not Smash Bros.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Ryno

Yes, there is totally no credibility to this whatsoever but the time for E3 rumors is winding down so here is a new one.

So a buddy of mine that is supposedly an E3 insider got some info about what to expect at the show. Apparently a crap load of remasters. Remember to take this list with a grain of salt. His track record is pretty reliable leaking me info about legitimate Xbox plans before it was announced. I do trust him though very doubtful that all of them are true.

Kingdom Hearts HD Remix 2.5 (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Collection (PS4, Xbox One)
Crysis Remastered (PS4, Xbox One)
Metro Redux (PS4, Xbox One)
Batman Arkham Trilogy (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Mass Effect Trilogy (PS4, Xbox One)
Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD Edition (Xbox One, PS4)
Dragon Age (PS4, Xbox One)
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Plus (PS4, Xbox One)
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS4)
The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
God of War 3 Remastered (PS4)
Uncharted Collection Remastered (PS4)
Halo 2 Anniversary (Xbox One)
Gears of War Trilogy (Xbox One)
Super Mario Sunshine HD (Wii U)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)
Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (3DS)

Shame we buy new systems to play old games.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69379948/78585...

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

cookiex

Not sure if I would buy it, but I'd be interested in seeing the result of a Wind Waker HD-style treatment to Twilight Princess since it's IMO the most visually dated of the post-N64 3D Zeldas.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

bloody_velvet

If the Twilight Princess one is real then I will buy it only because I have yet to try it out. I doubt it though...since it came out on the GameCube and Wii.

Nintendo4life! 3DS FC: 4167-5841-4337 add me. Nintendo Network: ALANZH

Twitter:

RR529

Twilight Princess HD seems fake to me (and that casts doubt on the list as a whole).

1. We just had a Zelda remaster last year, and if this is going to be a trend (which is possible), why would they choose to do a second Zelda remaster before doing a Metroid Prime, Star Fox (either Adventures or Command), or F-Zero GX remaster? Heck, an HD remaster of one of those games could be a good way to both appease fans who've been asking for those series, and guage interest in an all new entry from the general market, without breaking the bank cost wise.

2. Isn't the point of releasing Hyrule Warriors this year to appease Zelda fans until Zelda U next year? Simply put, with WWHD (which is already out), Hyrule Warriors (hitting this year), and Zelda U (next year), a TPHD simply isn't needed at this point in time. I like TP, and I like the idea, but if it does happen, I'm thinking 2016 or 2017, as there's no reason to do it sooner.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.