Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 2,161

Henmii

"What's serious about it other than its realstic"

I meant more serious then Mariokart (or Diddy kong racing).

"I thought IS had already made a band brothers game for 3DS"

I think you are misstaken. As far as I know there is only one on the DS.

Only a few days to go guys. Worst case scenario: A gigantic NFC fest.

As for Iwata: He probably has to recover from the Mariokart 8 sales shock! Big sales!
But seriously: All the bad news regarding Wii u, and some people blaming it on Iwata (some people say very bad things about him) may have damaged him. Wich is a shame! I hope that from Mariokart 8 everything goes up, and that he recovers soon!

But I might be complete on the wrong track, and that its just a case of Iwata giving the spotlight to the developers! Miyamoto, Aonuma and the others. And seeing as the event is not called Nintendo Direct but Digital event this time, maybe it will be hosted by someone totally different. And maybe it will be totally different. Nintendo assures that Iwata is still involved in E3, but maybe we just see him in a few treehouse movies. Video-conference and stuff. But we'll see!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

UGXwolf

Suicune wrote:

I REALLY dont want to buy figures to play Smash.

Why do people always jump to this conclusion? I seriously don't get it. Every single time something comes up about content that wasn't in the game at launch, people immediately get offended and act like they HAVE to buy these things. As far as Smash goes, I can see new characters being added via NFP, but I doubt it. Most likely, it'll just add minimal stuff like new pieces for the custom stages or new costumes for the characters. Maybe some extra pallet swaps. I seriously doubt the NFP system will add anything substantial to Smash because if it did, balancing the game would be an absolute nightmare, even for the lovely talent that is Namco's Tekken Tag Team.

Let me reiterate this so people get my point: YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO BUY NFP FIGURINES TO PLAY SMASH BROS ON WII U. Not only is that a silly idea, it's not even in the cards anywhere. Given the kind of developer Sakurai is, the odds of any kind of paid DLC that can actually affect gameplay are extremely low. He'd want everyone with a copy of the game to be able to experience the full game, DLC or not.

Beyond that, the idea, right now, is that the NFP figurines will affect MULTIPLE GAMES. Not just Smash. You get a Dr. Mario figurine? How much you wanna bet you can make Mario look like Doctor Mario in the new Mario Party game? Or maybe in Mario Kart 8. Why not? It's just a minor costume change. Wouldn't even have to change his weight class or frame size. That little figurine could unlock tons of content in plenty of games to make it worth your time. THIS IS NINTENDO, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT, HERE! They always try their best to make the extra expense really worth it. Why should the next game or model be any different?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

Suicune wrote:

I REALLY dont want to buy figures to play Smash.

Why do people always jump to this conclusion? I seriously don't get it. Every single time something comes up about content that wasn't in the game at launch, people immediately get offended and act like they HAVE to buy these things. As far as Smash goes, I can see new characters being added via NFP, but I doubt it. Most likely, it'll just add minimal stuff like new pieces for the custom stages or new costumes for the characters. Maybe some extra pallet swaps. I seriously doubt the NFP system will add anything substantial to Smash because if it did, balancing the game would be an absolute nightmare, even for the lovely talent that is Namco's Tekken Tag Team.

Let me reiterate this so people get my point: YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO BUY NFP FIGURINES TO PLAY SMASH BROS ON WII U. Not only is that a silly idea, it's not even in the cards anywhere. Given the kind of developer Sakurai is, the odds of any kind of paid DLC that can actually affect gameplay are extremely low. He'd want everyone with a copy of the game to be able to experience the full game, DLC or not.

Beyond that, the idea, right now, is that the NFP figurines will affect MULTIPLE GAMES. Not just Smash. You get a Dr. Mario figurine? How much you wanna bet you can make Mario look like Doctor Mario in the new Mario Party game? Or maybe in Mario Kart 8. Why not? It's just a minor costume change. Wouldn't even have to change his weight class or frame size. That little figurine could unlock tons of content in plenty of games to make it worth your time. THIS IS NINTENDO, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT, HERE! They always try their best to make the extra expense really worth it. Why should the next game or model be any different?

You missed his point entirely didn't you? He most likely wants the complete package without silly pay wall (NFC figures) locking items off, seeing as Brawl was packed full of content that didn't require paying more money for plastic figures to get custom stage parts I can understand why he doesn't want to now.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Shirma_Akayaku

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'm really excited to see Nintendo talk about Pokken Fighters!

^^ THIS ^^
I definitely want to hear about this!

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Peach64

I'm really looking forward to Nintendo at E3. I'd love to see some older franchises revived for Wii U such as Star Fox, and of course excited to see Zelda. Really hoping for an Advanced Wars 3DS too.

Peach64

Joeynator3000

Don't feel like looking back on this thread, but has anyone seen the Mario Maker "leak"? You think it could be real? I seriously hope it is, always wanted to make my own Mario levels. x3
(without using ROMs/Emulators, of course. >_> )

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

Not to mention the Smash booths everywhere else, lol. But still, hopefully it'll be real, and if it is, include Super Mario World! xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

shingi_70

Might as well get my predictions out of the way!
Nintendo
S.T.E.A.M. is going to be nintendo's surprise game for the fall on Wii U. Its a first person or third person shooter done in the style of something like the Wonderful 101.
Mario Maker is indeed real and is going to be the first cross platform/cross buy between the Wii U and 3DS. The base game is the first Mario and expansion packs will add other 2D mario game parts to use.
X will be delayed until early next year to capitalize on the momentum smash bros will bring this fall.
Metroid is going to be on the 2DS with the game being more like fusion.
Star Fox on the 3DS will be an action shooter done by the team t sega that did Binary Domain.
New Zelda will take place after Zelda 2 and will be playable on the show floor
The NFP titles are Pokken Fighters, Smash Bros for Wii U, Nintendoland 2, and something else.

Sony
The Last Guardian is going to be re announced for a Fall 2014 release date.
Uncharted 4 shown off with a 2015 release date.
CG trailer for God of War IV showed but its changed to either Norse or Egyption mythology
Project Beast is the next From Software game for the PS4 launching this fall.
Until Dawn is back and its PS3/PS4 horror game
reel of sony's digital games.
Sony Bend's game announced
Rachet and Clank game announced to tie into the movie thats coming next year.
Megaton Crash reboot
Megaton Final Fantasy VII remake

Microsoft
Halo master chief collection
State of Decay sequel announced
Dragon's Dogma 2 is xone exclusive
Crackdown announced
Phantom Dust announced
Voodoo Vince announced
The lift london games announced
Fable Legends 2015 and a new IP from lionhead
An early look at Rare's next game.
Killer Instinct TV show announced

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

iKhan

I have trouble believing X is getting delayed. Monolith has amped up their staff, and they've been working on the game for 4 years now.

Also, if we get a Star Fox game, it'll be on Wii U. Miyamoto has gone on record saying the franchise would work well on the system, and Star Fox has always been used to show off new technology, perfect to show off the gamepad.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

whoops meant to put Wii U for star fox. Honestly i'm just imagining Mass Effect or Binary domain but with the cast of Star Fox.

Sega's E3 line up

Alien: Isolation (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC) – October 7
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PS3, PS Vita) – Fall 2014
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U) – November 2014
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal (3DS) – November 2014

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Prediction, Destiny is going to be the biggest disappointment not only of E3, but the entire year. The game has little to no actual marrketing or presance but gamers are still treating it like the second coming coming. As someone who has the game on pre-order and loves Halo the game just looks so meh.

I understand they're trying to break new ground by making an MMO that isn't so MMOy that also works on consoles, but the game just looks like a boring version of Borderlands crossed with Halo artwork that didn't make it into the game.

Compare it to ubisoft's the divsion that seems to be doing the same sort of game only in third person.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

I'm mixed on Destiny. You're probably right but I would really like to play a Halo that doesn't feel like it's been milked to death.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

The crazy thing is that despite the fact that game is supposed to be out in 3 months we barley know anything about the game other than the fact that its supposed to be Activison's next big thing, and the game is adopting a MMO release model so to speak.

WAT!

cookiex

Since Activision is spending half a billion dollars on Destiny I'm sure they'll use that money soon one way or another. It'd be baffling if they don't market the game to heaven and back.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Melkac

shingi_70 wrote:

All the announced games at sony's booth.

Aaru’s Awakening Lumenox PS3
Akiba’s Trip Undead & Undressed XSEED PS Vita
Apotheon Alientrap PS4
Assault Android Cactus Witchbeam Games PS4
Axiom Verge Thomas Happ Games PS4
Big Fest SCE / On The Metal Ltd. PS Vita
The Binding of Issac: Rebirth Nicalis PS4
Chasm Discord Games PS4
CounterSpy SCE / Dynamighty PS4/PS3/PS Vita
Danganronpa 2 NIS America PS Vita
Destiny Activision / Bungie PS4
Diablo III: The Ultimate Evil Edition Activision Blizzard PS4
Disgaea 4 NIS America PS Vita
Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Disney Interactive PS4
DRIVECLUB SCE / Evolution Studios PS4
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn Bandai Namco Games PS3
EarthNight Cleaversoft PS4
Freedom Wars SCE/SCE Japan Studios SHIFT and Dimps PS Vita
GALAK-Z: The Dimensional 17-BIT PS4
Gravity Crash Ultra Just Add Water PS Vita
Guilty Gear Xrd Aksys Games PS4
Gunship X Hidden Elephant PS Vita
Helldivers SCE / Arrowhead Game Studios PS4/PS3
Hohokum SCE / Honeyslug PS4/PS3
Home Benjamin Rivers Inc. PS Vita
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Devolver PS Vita
Hyper Light Drifter Heart Machine PS Vita
Invizimals: The Alliance SCE / Novarama PS Vita
Jamestown Plus Final Form Games PS4
Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept SCE / Guerrilla Games PS4
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix Square Enix PS3
Legend of Raven Nicalis PS Vita
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Warner Bros PS4
MechRunner Spark Plug Games PS Vita
Metrico Digital Dreams PS Vita
MLB 14 The Show SCE / San Diego Studio PS4, PS Vita
Murasaki Baby SCE / Ovosonico PS Vita
N++ Metanet Software PS4
Nidhogg Messhof PS4
Night in the Woods Finji Games PS4
Nuclear Throne Vlambeer PS4
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty Oddworld Inhabitants, Inc PS4
One Way Trip Beret Applications PS Vita
Persona 4: Arena Ultimax Atlus Games PS3
PS Vita Pets Spiral House PS Vita
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate Double 11 PS Vita
Planetside 2 SOE PS4
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare EA PS4
Project CARS Slightly Mad PS4
Race the Sun Flippfly PS Vita
Road Not Taken Spry Fox PS4
Rogue Legacy Cellar Door PS Vita
Samurai Warriors 4 Tecmo-Koei PS4
Secret Ponchos Switchblade Monkeys PS4
Shadow Warrior Devolver Digital PS4
Source Fenixfire PS4
Starwhal: Just the Tip Breakfall PS3
Super Exploding Zoo Honeyslug PS Vita
Switch Galaxy Ultra Atomicon PS Vita
Tales of Xillia 2 Bandai Namco Games PS3
Teslagrad Rain Games PS3
The Crew Ubisoft PS4
The Golf Club HB Studios PS4
The Order: 1886 SCE / Ready At Dawn PS4
The Swapper Curve Studios PS3
To Leave Freaky Creations PS Vita
EA Sports UFC EA Sports PS4
Valiant Hearts Ubisoft PS4
Velocity 2X FuturLab PS4
Zen Pinball 2: The Walking Dead Table Pack Zen Studios PS3

It's like you're trying to tell us something here.

Now, here's probably one of my highest, if not unlikeliest, hopes...
The Mysterious Murasame Kingdom, Wii U: Ok, so TMMC was released on the Virtual Console recently, it had an attraction on Nintendo Land: Takamaru's Ninja Castle (why TMMC of all things? This is very telling, in my opinion) PLUS the japanese garden tech demo. I think we're getting a sequel to that game sooner or later.
Will it be announced at E3, however? ...Maybe...maybe it was in development, but then it was cancelled (hence the japanese garden tech demo + Nintendo Land and why we haven't heard anything since). Maybe it'll NOT be announced at E3, but it'll be announced during a ND. Maybe I'm overthinking this, but come on, why TAKAMARU?! We've never heard anything from Miyamoto, Iwata or anyone saying TMMC is one of their favorite games or anything similar...

Also I really need to start writing shorter comments.

Melkac

shingi_70

@Melkac

Whatever do you mean?

#GreatnessAwaits

Any who called the castle game on the last page. Between the re-release and it being in Nintendo land I think something is in the works.

WAT!

IceClimbers

So what month do you think we will see Bayonetta 2 released? My bet's on September.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ryno

IceClimbers wrote:

So what month do you think we will see Bayonetta 2 released? My bet's on September.

I guess August, followed by Hyrule Warriors in September.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

IceClimbers

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'm really excited to see Nintendo talk about Pokken Fighters!

OMG YES!

Cannot wait to hear about that!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.