Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 2,161

shingi_70

Natsume has announced their full E3 line up, one of which is a Wii U JRPG.

Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley for 3DS is the latest game in Natsume’s long-running fan-favorite series. Hiking your way through the mountains one day, you become caught in an unexpected snowstorm, and find shelter with the help of a faint voice. When you awaken, you find and help a kindly Harvest Sprite buried under the snow, who tells you all of the seasons in the valley have vanished except for winter. To return all 4 seasons to the valley, you’ll need the help of the villagers, the Harvest Sprites, the Harvest Goddess, and even the King of the Underworld! You’ve never played a Harvest Moon game quite like this!

Combining the best of both city simulation games and transportation simulation games, A-Train: City Simulator for 3DS is sure to be a hit with fans of both genres! As the newly promoted head of the local transportation agency, it’s your job to make sure that both the city and its transportation system run smoothly! From buses, trains, and subways, you’ll have to think about the best way to incorporate these into the city while avoiding possible bottlenecks and frustrated citizens!

Announced earlier this year, End of Serenity will be available for the PSP exclusively though the PlayStation Network! This traditional Japanese RPG was created by KEMCO, the same developer that was behind last year’s hit, Mystic Chronicles. Throughout history, mysterious objects known as “Atomigems” have existed all over the world. The people of the world have used them for many things, from simple family heirlooms to even objects of worship. However, recently, a gang known as the Underworld has been going around collecting any and all Atomigems they can find. What exactly is their aim?

Natsume is also pleased to reveal their first Wii U game, Alphadia Genesis! Boasting a rich, complex story starring Fray, a member of the local guild, and Corone, a knight. As their journey progresses and conflicting national interests come to the forefront, it becomes apparent that it may take more than a little work on both their parts if their relationship is to weather the foreboding storm on the horizon.

Natsume’s award-winning, best-selling fishing title heads to PS Vita! Introducing Reel Fishing: Master’s Challenge. One day, you return to the fishing lodge where you spent lots of time with your father when you were young. But once you step inside, the memories you had in this place as a child come flooding back to you. Motivated by the memories of your past, you decide to embark on the same journey that your father did when you were young. Will you be able to catch all of the fish your father caught all those years ago, and even surpass him?

Reel Fishing is also coming to iOS! The sequel to last year’s hit title, Reel Fishing Pocket 2: Ocean will have you catching ocean-based fish such as mackerel, sea bass, and bluefin tuna! With 20 kinds of rods, over 70 pieces of tackle, and loads of skills to learn, this is the most fun you can have fishing without putting on your waders!

The Gabrielle series continues with its newest iOS title, Gabrielle’s Monstrous Duel! Players will have to face off against their zombie opponents in epic battle after epic battle. However, just blindly picking items to use won’t make you victorious! Instead, you must carefully choose which item you want to use, as picking the wrong one will give your opponent a more powerful attack, or worse yet, send your own attack back at you! You’ll have to use brains instead of brawn to win these duels!

The long-awaited mobile companion, Hometown Story: Pocket is on its way! The iOS version focuses completely on running your shop! Customers will come at you in waves, and it’s your job to get them exactly what they need before they get upset and leave your shop! Do you have the Midas touch to make your store a hit?

A follow-up to one of Natsume’s biggest iOS hits of last year, Ninja Climb, comes the speedy and exciting Ninja Strike! However, instead of climbing your way to the top, you’ll be dashing as fast as you can in this Ninja-inspired endless running game! Featuring the stars of Ninja Climb – Blue Shadow, Crimson Flame, and Sakura, each with their own unique special powers – will you be able to guide this ninja clan to victory?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

Natsume has announced their full E3 line up, one of which is a Wii U JRPG.

Natsume is also pleased to reveal their first Wii U game, Alphadia Genesis! Boasting a rich, complex story starring Fray, a member of the local guild, and Corone, a knight. As their journey progresses and conflicting national interests come to the forefront, it becomes apparent that it may take more than a little work on both their parts if their relationship is to weather the foreboding storm on the horizon.

What's this sorcery? A 3rd Party Wii U exclusive? And not from the Sonic franchise?

Also, am I the only one who has been pleased with the improvement in JRPG support NIntendo has had in the past few generations? People like to rag on the Wii for a poor RPG lineup, but it actually had quite a few. And the Wii U seems to be picking up where the Wii left off. Acquiring Monolith Soft seems to have done wonders for Nintendo.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

TuVictus

@Ryno

I really hope it's not real. I guess it's more reserved, which makes it more believable, but damn I'm hoping for at least a tiny bit more than that. At least vague teasers

TuVictus

shingi_70

Its a Kemco game like the RPG that hit the 3DS eshop a couple weeks ago. They're known for making DD JRPG's and genesisi is their first game with a 3D battle system.

I'm most interested in seeing how Natsume's take on Harvest Moon will differ from Story of the seasons. If it does well I hope they can bring back more rune factory games under a new name.

speaking of which here's Xseed's E3 line up.

XSEED Games Announces E3 2014 Lineup Led by STORY OF SEASONS

Next Title in the Famed “Bokujo Monogatari” Series Leads Diverse Blend of Action and RPG Titles on Showcase with Hands-on Demos

Torrance, Calif., (June 5, 2014) – XSEED Games, the independent-minded console publishing brand of Marvelous USA, Inc., will showcase a portfolio of upcoming games at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2014, led by the recently announced farm and life simulation RPG, STORY OF SEASONS, for the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system. The company also revealed that it has secured the North American publishing rights to rhythm cooking game SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appétit! for the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, and will additionally be showing previously-announced titles AKIBA’S TRIP: Undead & Undressed (PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PS Vita) and SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS (PS Vita). All four of these titles will be playable at the XSEED Games booth, which will be located in the West Hall, Booth #5436.

XSEED Games is also proud to announce two additional acquisitions that will have trailers on display at their E3 booth: Brandish: The Dark Revenant for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and Corpse Party for Windows PC. These titles are currently slated for release sometime this year.

“Fans have been eager to get their hands on STORY OF SEASONS and we are excited to give everyone a first look at the latest iteration in the popular Bokujo Monogatari series,” said Shinichi Suzuki, President & CEO of Marvelous USA. “It’s going to be a great show for us as we have a comprehensive lineup that is inclusive of all types of gamers with fan favorite console, handheld and PC titles on display at E3 ranging from lighthearted action to thoughtful RPG.”

XSEED Games’ full E3 lineup is as follows:

STORY OF SEASONS
[Platform: NINTENDO 3DS; Release: WINTER] – STORY OF SEASONS carries on the iconic life simulation and farming RPG gameplay made famous through the Bokujo Monogatari series’ 18-year history while infusing exciting new features that enrich the experience for fans and first-time players alike. Developed by the veteran team behind the fan-favorite series and headed by longtime lead producer, Yoshifumi Hashimoto, STORY OF SEASONS represents a strong new beginning for a franchise that has sold close to ten million copies worldwide.

Players will create fully customizable characters before joining a small settlement filled with the promise of new possibilities, hard work and significant relationships. While tending to crops, animals and the many other aspects of farming life, players will amass the resources necessary to customize and expand their farms—with the freedom to follow their own styles of play and shape their homesteads as they wish. The theme of “Connectivity” expands the world and presents possibilities to players both in and out of the game, with all-new multiplayer and StreetPass features granting players the ability to tour one another’s farms, cultivate crops together and even exchange gifts.

AKIBA’S TRIP: Undead & Undressed
[Platform: PS3™, PS VITA; Release: SUMMER 2014] – Released as AKIBA’S TRIP 2 in Japan where it received a Gold Award by Famitsu, the all-new standalone story in AKIBA’S TRIP: Undead & Undressed takes players on an eclectic trip through a meticulous recreation of Tokyo’s “Electric Town” district, known as Akihabara (Akiba for short), in which they will battle vampire-like foes in over-the-top, highly stylized role-playing action. Akiba has been invaded by creatures known as “Synthisters” who prey on game- and anime-obsessed “otaku” patrons, forcing their victims to withdraw from society and stealing their will to live. Only direct exposure to sunlight can destroy the Synthisters, so it’s up to players to send them to the netherworld by engaging them in battle and stripping them down to their unmentionables. Everyday objects from baseball bats to comic books to motherboards can be used as weapons, and players can take enemies’ unique clothing items for their own personal use. Dual Audio with English and Japanese voiceovers complements a narrative dripping with satire and nods to Japanese culture to create a bewitching modern day supernatural otaku adventure.

SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS
[Platform: PS VITA; Release: FALL 2014] – The follow-up to last year’s Nintendo 3DS hand-held system title, SENRAN KAGURA Burst, SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS takes the game’s signature over-the-top style and raises the bar in every possible way, from characters to art style, combat mechanics and story. Throughout the game, players will take control of characters from each of four rival factions, experiencing the narrative from four distinct viewpoints. SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS carries on the high energy side-scrolling battles of previous games in the series, but in full 3D with a player-controlled camera and far more intricate set pieces. Fans can expect to find more of SENRAN KAGURA’s hallmark features—ridiculous mid-air combos, over-the-top humor, garments that explode when characters take damage and special Secret Ninja Art techniques.

SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appétit!
[Platform: PS VITA digital; Release: WINTER 2014] – Revealed for the first time, this rhythm spin-off of the ninja ‘busty brawler’ series, SENRAN KAGURA, features cooking battles rather than shinobi showdowns. The emphasis is on outrageous humor, delicious food and plenty of eye candy. Culinary warfare is carried out through an array of rhythm battles—tap the correct buttons in time with the beat to rack up combos and determine the size and quality of the resulting dish. With 10 girls to choose from (22 when including additional DLC), players are challenged to create the ultimate Super Dish and unlock a special feast for the eyes.

Brandish: The Dark Revenant
[Platform: PSP digital; Release: 2014] – A classically-styled dungeon crawler from Nihon Falcom, the storied developers of the highly-acclaimed Ys and The Legend of Heroes RPG franchises, Brandish: The Dark Revenant puts players in the role of swordsman Ares Toraernos as he climbs his way through over 40 sprawling floors of monsters, traps and puzzles in an attempt to escape a long-forgotten underground labyrinth. Along the way he repeatedly encounters his arch-rival, the voluptuous sorceress Dela Delon, who’s just as interested in claiming the bounty on his head as she is in escaping the maze herself. With each floor boasting unrelenting enemies fought in real time, elaborate booby traps, ancient treasures, tricky puzzles and thousand-year-old mysteries to solve, Brandish promises to keep players fighting for survival till the bitter end.

Corpse Party
[Platform: PC digital; Release: 2014] – The original Windows edition of the cult classic horror game that gained a considerable fanbase when released on the PSP® system in 2011, Corpse Party began life as an independent RPG Maker adventure title in 1996 before being greatly expanded for this 2008 iteration. Featuring more characters, more detailed interactions, darker story elements, over 5,000 lines of Japanese voice-acting from the original indie actors and dozens of shocking, gruesome endings, there’s much more to this survival horror adventure title than meets the eye. Players take control of nine main characters and several side characters who’ve been split up into groups of two or three and trapped in a run-down, otherworldly elementary school full of vengeful spirits, deadly mysteries and – of course – corpses. As they walk around examining objects and bodies in an atmospheric 2D environment, a horror tale spanning over 50 years begins to unfold, and player choices determine which of the tale’s dozens of endings is viewed, and who (if anyone) lives to see these horrifying events through to their conclusion.

The titles being displayed at their E3 booth join the previously announced titles The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (Windows PC) and The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter (Windows PC, PSP) of XSEED Games’ upcoming lineup.

They're logo is a better quality than the new Harvest Moon one.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Blast

Natsume is making a JRPG for Wii U!!!! YESSSSSSSSS

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

iKhan

Have I ever mentioned how much I love XSEED? Without them we'd miss out on so many great games that actually don't sell too badly in the US.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

TuVictus

A Wii U JRPG? Is that the first? I seriously can't wait!

TuVictus

iKhan

By the way, what do you guys expect from Star Wars: Battlefront 3? I definitely don't want a Battlefield game with a Star Wars coat of paint on it, and the game would be rendered unplayable for me if it doesn't offer a 3rd person camera perspective like the earlier incarnations.

shingi_70

Unsure, I'm a bit more interested in Visceral and Bioware's Star Wars games.

WAT!

WebHead

I hope Sony announces a surprise fall ps4 exclusive.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

iKhan

UGXwolf wrote:

I wasn't talking about what you like. I was talking about what Nintendo's going to do. Whether you like it, or not, PewDiePie is THE most popular YouTuber. He even beats out YouTube's own main channel. Bringing him to the tournament as an endorsement/comedy commentator would get a lot of people looking at Smash 4 Wii U.

I'd call this a likely event, but they're definitely treating the Smash Invitational as a SUPER SERIOUS HARDCORE GAMER EVENT, BRAH so I wouldn't expect or suggest it, but it's still a possibility and it would undoubtedly make the game more popular than it would've been, before.

PewDiePie is not the sort of YouTuber that does much with Nintendo though. I'd argue the Runaway Guys or Game Grumps would be better.

iKhan

Jazzer94 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

What's up with this?
Untitled

I'm intrigued could be related to NFC.

Never been to E3. Do they do stuff "just for fun" like this?

DonnyKD

Where's that Mario Maker screenshot come from, anyhow?

DonnyKD

Jazzer94

iKhan wrote:

Never been to E3. Do they do stuff "just for fun" like this?

It's more press orientated then for fun.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

CanisWolfred

iKhan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I wasn't talking about what you like. I was talking about what Nintendo's going to do. Whether you like it, or not, PewDiePie is THE most popular YouTuber. He even beats out YouTube's own main channel. Bringing him to the tournament as an endorsement/comedy commentator would get a lot of people looking at Smash 4 Wii U.

I'd call this a likely event, but they're definitely treating the Smash Invitational as a SUPER SERIOUS HARDCORE GAMER EVENT, BRAH so I wouldn't expect or suggest it, but it's still a possibility and it would undoubtedly make the game more popular than it would've been, before.

PewDiePie is not the sort of YouTuber that does much with Nintendo though. I'd argue the Runaway Guys or Game Grumps would be better.

If they got Jontron, I would literally explode.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Maelstrom

CanisWolfred wrote:

iKhan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

If they got Jontron, I would literally explode.

Same. I was just going to say that. Jontron is the best youtuber. Ever.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Discipledoctor

DestinyMan wrote:

What's up with this?
Untitled

On the inside I want to laugh about how has to be obviously fake, but I can't think of any real compelling reason to say it is. Mario Maker seems like a weird app to put out but it'd be really cool to see. I dunno about the Animal Crossing or Pokemon though. It feels like they're just taking stock art and putting it on there.

Discipledoctor

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6598-7067 | Nintendo Network ID: georgethecow

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.