Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 2,161

shingi_70

Sony announced three of the indies that will be at their booth.

Night in the Woods

One Way Trip

EarthNight

Sony has done a good job of not only grabbing inides but cultivating the goofy and very arty ones.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

WaveBoy wrote:

Most of these indies seem to be focusing more on delivering a unique flashy art style rather than actually making a great playing game that stands on it's own without the need of constantly plagiarizing popular renowned franchises and cake layering them in a hipster coat of paint. However, the last video of Earth Night looks kind of cool......But at the same time it looks a little cheap. Didn't care for the other two.

Shovel Knight still hasn't been outclassed.

Doesn't that ultimately mean you just have a narrow view of what a game should be?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

@MuchoMochi

Something something fifity pages, something something have you not rest the read of the thread.

WAT!

MuchoMochi

@shingi_70 No I have seen other's posting about all three companies. I didn't mean to come off as a jerk or single you out, just seems confusing to me that people still do it. I do appreciate your post about the new Vita titles as I just picked one up

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

shingi_70

No prob.

My guess is that's bits easier to have everything here instead of multiple threads, plus Nintendo news will be cooling until Tuesday.

WAT!

LzWinky

I updated the title since Microsoft and Sony are discussed here. Problem solved

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

UGXwolf

Unca_Lz wrote:

I updated the title since Microsoft and Sony are discussed here. Problem solved

Thank you. I was honestly getting tired of the nitpicking.

On that note, I kinda agree with WaveBoy to an extent. The games do look unique and artsy, but that's no guarantee they'll actually be good games. In the meantime, that board. That's a back drop. Something about thunder? "Free the thunder?" Huh... My first thought is Zelda U, as that's the kind of thing that might get a back drop at E3, but maybe it's a game we don't already know about?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

cookiex

UGXwolf wrote:

In the meantime, that board. That's a back drop. Something about thunder? "Free the thunder?" Huh... My first thought is Zelda U, as that's the kind of thing that might get a back drop at E3, but maybe it's a game we don't already know about?

If you mean the red board with the war-torn background at the bottom, that's not related to Nintendo. That's PC/PS4 MMO War Thunder.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

CaviarMeths

shingi_70 wrote:

Most JRPG Makers will probably move unto the PS4, they can easily make games that run on both or all three sony platforms and slowly ween their audience onto the PS4 that way.

I dunno, most of the JRPG devs seem more than happy to stick with PS3 and Vita. I don't see a whole lot of activity for JRPGs on the PS4 outside of Nomura's two games.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

dumedum

WaveBoy wrote:

Most of these indies seem to be focusing more on delivering a unique flashy art style rather than actually making a great playing game that stands on it's own without the need of constantly plagiarizing popular renowned franchises and cake layering them in a hipster coat of paint. However, the last video of Earth Night looks kind of cool......But at the same time it looks a little cheap. Didn't care for the other two.

Shovel Knight still hasn't been outclassed.

I agree. Regardless, Nintendo has so many indies that it will take 100% of my indies time. These Sony's ones don't interest me either. Glad thread title has finally been fixed too.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

iKhan

CaviarMeths wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Most JRPG Makers will probably move unto the PS4, they can easily make games that run on both or all three sony platforms and slowly ween their audience onto the PS4 that way.

I dunno, most of the JRPG devs seem more than happy to stick with PS3 and Vita. I don't see a whole lot of activity for JRPGs on the PS4 outside of Nomura's two games.

Yeah this. And 3DS.

Most JRPG makers seem to not be interested in Sony's new console. And considering the way its selling in Japan right now, I'd expect most JRPGs to stay on 3DS and PS3, maybe Wii U if sales pick up and X and SMT X FE sells well.

The only JRPGs announced for PS4 right now are:
FF XV (XB1 too)
Kingdom Hearts (XB1 too)
Wonder Flick (Wii U, XB1, and iOS too)

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

iKhan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Yeah this. And 3DS.

Most JRPG makers seem to not be interested in Sony's new console. And considering the way its selling in Japan right now, I'd expect most JRPGs to stay on 3DS and PS3, maybe Wii U if sales pick up and X and SMT X FE sells well.

The only JRPGs announced for PS4 right now are:
FF XV (XB1 too)
Kingdom Hearts (XB1 too)
Wonder Flick (Wii U, XB1, and iOS too)

Also
Deep Down
Natural Doctrine
Omega Quintet
Project Souls
Falcom has already said they have a PS4 game in the works,

Don't get me wrong i'm not expecting the transfer to happen over night, but I think Sony will make it happen based on deals to get alot of upcoming games to be cross platform before cutting internal deals for playstation exclusives. I mean you'd think these developers would be looking past Japan as a market, and i'm a bit surprised Zesteria and Persona 5 aren't cross platform on the PS3/4.

Capcom's E3 Line up is

Dead Rising 3 PC
Ace Attorney Trilogy for 3DS
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (pls announce surprise wii u version)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for ios.

WAT!

Blast

The PS4 isn't selling like crazy in Japan cuz its incredibly Western. That's the price Sony had to pay in order for the PS4 to sell like crazy everywhere else in the world. I was hoping Sony was gonna do a "best of both worlds" situation with the PS4 aka "the PS4 is a JRPG haven and western haven" but its not RIGHT NOW. Nomura really is the only guy besides the Dynasty Warriors team that's giving the PS4 some Japanese love with FF XV and KH3. There is also Lily Bergamo, though by Suda 51.

The Japanese support for the PS4 will eventually pick up but just not anytime soon. That system is incredibly western which isn't that bad... considering how Japan views consoles these days.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

The PS4 isn't selling like crazy in Japan cuz its incredibly Western. That's the price Sony had to pay in order for the PS4 to sell like crazy everywhere else in the world. I was hoping Sony was gonna do a "best of both worlds" situation with the PS4 aka "the PS4 is a JRPG haven and western haven" but its not RIGHT NOW. Nomura really is the only guy besides the Dynasty Warriors team that's giving the PS4 some Japanese love with FF XV and KH3. There is also Lily Bergamo, though by Suda 51.

The Japanese support for the PS4 will eventually pick up but just not anytime soon. That system is incredibly western which isn't that bad... considering how Japan views consoles these days.

There's literally nothing western about the PS4 expect the hardware design was made to not be hard to get used to like the PS/3 were.

The main reasons why the PS4 aren't doing that hot in Japan are pretty simple.

1.The Japanese market has far and away embraced mobile as they're main aveune of video games.

2. There's not that much japanese focused software on the system and Sony's Japan studio is mainly Vita focused.

3. The small bit of software its getting is cross platform meaning its coming to the PS3 which most of that market is still good with.

4. Most japanese developers and publishers have given up on the international market so to speak. ie Sega won't bring Yakuza over since it doesn't have market appeal, yet Sleeping Dogs which is Yakuza in china was a massive success. They also never got the western market were guys like Nacmo for the longest time felt that people should follow the games instead of platforms which is why the Tales series never made the traction it could have in the sixth generation.

At the end of the day, Watch Dogs sold 4 million in a week and the biggest amount of that were on the 8th gen consoles. Seems like the japanese market will squander another chance to become relevant internationally once again.

Oh here's the gameinformer cover
Untitled

So yeah its nothing, thought it was going to be something cool like the Titanfall cover from last year.

WAT!

Blast

iKhan wrote:

Iwata won't be at E3 this year under the advice from his Physician.- http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/05/nintendoas-president-n...

Nothing to worry about yet IMO, but this is what we started to hear about Steve Jobs before he passed.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IWATA-SAN!!!!!!! PLEASE BE OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

iKhan wrote:

Iwata won't be at E3 this year under the advice from his Physician.- http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/05/nintendoas-president-n...

Nothing to worry about yet IMO, but this is what we started to hear about Steve Jobs before he passed.

Well its a pre-recorded video so he's going to be at the main part anyway.

WAT!

Ryno

shingi_70 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Well its a pre-recorded video so he's going to be at the main part anyway.

And it's 2014 so you don't actually have to physically be somewhere to make an appearance at all the other amazing things NIntendo is going to drop at E3.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.