Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 2,161

iKhan

CanisWolfred wrote:

iKhan wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/event/e3_2014/

^The direct link to the e3 teaser so you don't have to give Nintendo Everything hits.

Don't bash NintendoEverything. It's really the best site for Nintendo news, as they really do put up everything Nintendo. I like NL and Wii U Daily too, but posts are far more infrequent.

They post tons of ****, but they're terrible at reporting, they're terrible at webdesign, and besides, that article was just saying exactly what Destinyman just said anyways, so why bother forcing some extra clicks? It always annoys me when people force me to go through more articles than necessary just to get to the actual source, especially when those articles consist of a single sentence. It could be the best site in the world and I'd still rather go straight to the source.

In what way are they terrible at reporting? They post news, and it tends to be either well substantiated rumors or confirmed information. It doesn't tend to have much bias along with it either. And terrible at web design? What are you talking about, it looks just fine. I do prefer the older look, but the new one isn't bad.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

EA is going to be showing off more Mirror's Edge as well as Criterion's next game.

On the Sony side Media Molecule as well as Guerrilla Games won't be showing off their next games, My guess is they're being saved for Gamescom reveals and in the case of MM what evr they're working on is probably for the VR headset,

Crystal Dyanmics (Tomb Raider) will be showing their new game on the Gametrailers stream.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

WebHead

Nothing from MediaMolecule or Guerilla Games? Darn shame. Hopefully the Sony conference has some surprises.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

EA is going to be showing off more Mirror's Edge as well as Criterion's next game.

On the Sony side Media Molecule as well as Guerrilla Games won't be showing off their next games, My guess is they're being saved for Gamescom reveals and in the case of MM what evr they're working on is probably for the VR headset,

Crystal Dyanmics (Tomb Raider) will be showing their new game on the Gametrailers stream.

I knew that popular leak about Sony's E3 was FANMADE. That list was a freaking fan's dream. Media Molecule and Guerrilla Games aren't showing a dang thing at E3. My guess for Sony's E3? Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted 4, (maybe) Project Beast, God of War 4, and they will market third party games as exclusives again.
And yeah... there is Gamescom but E3 is a wayy better platform to show off new stuff.
KH3 and FF XV won't be at E3 either...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I knew that popular leak about Sony's E3 was FANMADE. That list was a freaking fan's dream. Media Molecule and Guerrilla Games aren't showing a dang thing at E3. My guess for Sony's E3? Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted 4, (maybe) Project Beast, God of War 4, and they will market third party games as exclusives again.
And yeah... there is Gamescom but E3 is a wayy better platform to show off new stuff.
KH3 and FF XV won't be at E3 either...

Sony in the top spot so they can take a breather and coast since it looks like they're 2014, will be pretty weak but they're gearing up for a big 2015. Plus overall games announced Sony tends to have an advantage since its become the defacto indie platform for the console space.

On the first party i'm expecting to see

The Last of US remastered alongside a few other remasters
#DRIVECLUB
Project Beast
The Order 1886
the usual sony digital stuff
An Early look at Uncharted 4
The Last Guardian
Agent

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

cookiex

^
Agent isn't first-party and I kinda doubt it's still Playstation exclusive.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

shingi_70

cookiex wrote:

^
Agent isn't first-party and I kinda doubt it's still Playstation exclusive.

It was excusive due to Sony funding it so if its even still a thing, it would still be eclusive otherwise we'd have heard about the falling out between Sony and Take-two.

WAT!

cookiex

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I have a feeling this year is going to be as good as Nintendo's 2010 E3! They definitely need it to be.

The time is ripe for some good reveals.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

_Octoling_

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I have a feeling this year is going to be as good as Nintendo's 2010 E3! They definitely need it to be.

High expectations.

Majora's Mask = Best Game Of All Time
3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753

Retro_on_theGo

srhades wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

High expectations.

I'm actually not expecting much. It'll all be cool stuff-but no F-Zero. So my expectations are in check. But if Nintendo's gonna pull out any amazing surprises, considering how they've been doing lately, now's the time.

shingi_70

NFP will be what kills the company, for a company that tends to be trendsetters its a bit odd that Nintendo is jumping into a market that not only is very violate, but already has established brands it it, So far Nintendo is going against alot of things,

1. What if the toys to life Market collapses this holiday and than Nintendo is stuck with a whole bunch of inventory for this stuff.

2. Its a bit odd that when your main platform is doing pretty terrible in the two main TTL markets you decide to make hardware/software that's dependent on the Wii U.

3. While the Skylander's character's are pretty meh, no matter how you look at Nintendo cannot compete with the disney marketing machine. Especially now that Disney is going to have figures and playsets are being timed to new movie releases.

4. Not only are skylanders and DI cross platform but most people are deeply invested and i fear the cost to get into the nintendo stuff will be too high.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

DestinyMan wrote:

@CanisWolfred: Well, sorry if I came across as a heartless jerk forcing you to see every single article from Nintendo Everything. Sorry indeed. If it's something plain and obvious, I'll try to post without a link, but I just like to post sources so I can have some evidence to back up my claims. Don't you think that's a smart thing? So many people do it otherwise.

Destinyman, you've been here for how many years now? I don't think you need to use a trash site to back up your claims, man. I sure wouldn't trust them any more than I'd trust your word.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

NFP will be what kills the company

laughter

more laughter

Okay i admit that statement has a ton of hyperbole, but in the long run if NFP fails than it would be serious blow to the company, between the development of the figures and multiple pieces of software this has to be quit and undertaking on what easily can go the way of plastic instruments. Though if its successful it would be a major win while it lasts.

WAT!

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

laughter

more laughter

Okay i admit that statement has a ton of hyperbole, but in the long run if NFP fails than it would be serious blow to the company, between the development of the figures and multiple pieces of software this has to be quit and undertaking on what easily can go the way of plastic instruments. Though if its successful it would be a major win while it lasts.

That's actually a good point. This NFP undertaking seems like a huge risk. But that's good, because Nintendo has played it very safe as of late.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

iKhan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

laughter

more laughter

That's actually a good point. This NFP undertaking seems like a huge risk. But that's good, because Nintendo has played it very safe as of late.

As someone who has no personal interest in either Skylanders or DI, I could see myself getting a Nintendo figure or two, if just to collect and display.
(Though I must admit, Skylanders is fun, just not something I see myself investing in, time or money-wise)

Oh I plan to buy a few figures as well, just like I have with the Disney character's but I'd imagine that the demo for that sort of thing is pretty small.

WAT!

shingi_70

Untitled

WAT!

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

I'm SOOOO EXCITED

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.