Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 2,161

CanisWolfred

iKhan wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

iKhan wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I hope that they figure out a way to make SC6 as groundbreaking as SC1 or 2 were. I'd argue it's the 2nd most unique fighting franchise after Smash. After all, what other series gives you that ability to move around in a giant arena, but still play by traditional mechanics?

...DOA? Tekken? King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 1 & 2? Soul Calibur built on a solid foundation. All it did was bring weapons to the table. What made it great was how well it was excecuted, which was the main problem with later entries in the series.

Tekken is 2D. Haven't played or seen the others.

Tekken is 3D. I have played nearly every one of the games. 3D in that you can side step and interact with the environments in a way you couldn't in a pure 2D fighter.

I more meant in 3D in the way SC is 3D, in that you can walk anywhere in the arena

Which is no different than the side stepping in Tekken. In fact, Soul Calibur doesn't exactly capitalize on the 3D movement more than Tekken, since you move too slow unless you side step, anyways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

IceClimbers

My hype level is getting extremely high. Will continue to increase as we get closer to E3.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MuchoMochi

My birthday is in 9 days, with all these people getting excited by E3, the transitive property would then make them excited for my birthday right??

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

Blast

I really do think Starfox or Metroid is coming back, though. Which platform? Ehhhhh.... I dunno.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Red_XIII

Remember, a lot of the worst E3 conferences come from over-hyping. Disappointment will eventually take over, be it Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo. As such, give little hype; get rewarded with surprise.

Red_XIII

UGXwolf

Red_XIII wrote:

Remember, a lot of the worst E3 conferences come from over-hyping. Disappointment will eventually take over, be it Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo. As such, give little hype; get rewarded with surprise.

That's a boring way to go about things. Then everything just sucks except for that brief moment of surprise followed by "oh, but EA still has their head in the ground" or "Yeah, but Sony still hasn't shown any games to make me actually want a PS4." In this form, we get more and more excited, and if you're smart, you knew disappointment was possible, so you get over it really quickly and return to being excited for the good news.

Seriously, so many people focus on such negative aspects. Doesn't anyone just wanna look at what's good instead?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

shingi_70

Foza Horizon 2 has been announced for 360 and One
for release this fall.
Untitled

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/06/02/ign-first-forza-horizon-...

velopment is being handled primarily by Horizon 1 studio Playground Games, though the team is collaborating closely with the Motorsport team at Turn 10 Studios; the two teams share a technology pipeline as well as select key personnel.

In making the leap to Xbox One, Forza Horizon 2 will include hundreds of cars, according to Playground Games, headlined by the 2015 Lamborghini Huracán. A long-awaited weather system will also make its Forza debut, while Forza 5’s Drivatar system is also being adapted for Horizon 2.

• the game will take place in gorgeous Southern Europe, leading to, in Fulton’s words, “incredible diversity” and “amazing vistas.” Music will again play a big part in the game, and a music festival will be the central event around which the game’s activities revolve.

Homefront the revolution from crytek has been announced for XB1/PS4/PC releasing next year.

Untitled

Taking place four years into the occupation of the US by Korean forces – as portrayed in the original game – Homefront: The Revolution follows a new set of characters as they battle for freedom throughout the war-torn streets of Philadelphia.

By recruiting resistance fighters and using guerilla tactics in an open-world environment, players can terrorize KPA troops and attempt to gain the upper hand either alone or along with friends in online co-op.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Jazzer94

@shingi_70 Disappointing that Forza Horizon 2 is a cross gen release hopefully that doesn't hold it back much.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

shingi_70

Sort of makes sense though I knew people were and that dead rising 3 and Ryse were one only despite starting off as 360 games.

Also Microsoft tends to throw the 360 a bone here and there like with Zoo Tycoon or all the cross platform first party XBLA games being timed exclusives for the one so to speak.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Mortal Kombat X trailer

“Mortal Kombat has always been about over-the-top, visceral fighting and with Mortal Kombat X we wanted to utilise the power of new-gen consoles to give players our most intense game yet,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “The team has worked hard to make sure Mortal Kombat X delivers everything fans expect along with new characters, new game modes and an all new graphics engine.”

Mortal Kombat X combines cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever, offering a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy. For the first time, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. Players step into an original story showcasing some of the game’s most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

WebHead

I'm pretty excited for e3. And I don't want to hear the "expect worse" stuff. I swear being excited for anything has become illegal these days.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

WebHead

So 4 new playable titles? nice.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Gamecubed

I'm trying to keep my hype down to a minimum right now. I like being surprised and have those moments where you gasp or hold your breath for a minute because you weren't expecting something.

I can't wait though. I love seeing everything. I often consider E3 a bit of a sales pitch as well. I'm going to get a PS4 probably sometime next year, but Microsoft could sway me if they show some compelling exclusives. I've never had an Xbox before and after all, the Kinectless XB1 is $50 cheaper than the PS4 in Canada. If I got an XB1, I could put that extra $50 towards another game. I haven't completely shut the door on the XB1 just yet because of this.

Gamecubed

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.