Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 2,161

cookiex

IGN updated their schedule with several Nintendo games filling in the "Secret E3 game" slots!

http://www.ign.com/events/e3

2:20 P.M Tuesday
2:10 P.M Wednesday
4:10 P.M Wednesday
11:00 A.M Thursday
2:10 P.M Thursday

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

shingi_70

Everything is pointing toward square enix doing another please understand and not showing XV since this is the year of XIV.

I blame Final Fantasy for the downtrend of the JROG and I don't expect the genre to bounce back with out it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Everything is pointing toward square enix doing another please understand and not showing XV since this is the year of XIV.

I blame Final Fantasy for the downtrend of the JROG and I don't expect the genre to bounce back with out it.

FF XV won't be at E3 but KH3 is rumored to be there????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

Neither will be there according to Kagari on GAF and she's a pretty big final fantasy insider and I don't have that much faith in square enix any more.

At worst its going to be at TGS XV is out something next year and KH3 is out 2016.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Neither will be there according to Kagari on GAF and she's a pretty big final fantasy insider and I don't have that much faith in square enix any more.

At worst its going to be at TGS XV is out something next year and KH3 is out 2016.

Wow.... Just what is Tetsuya Nomura doing? FF XV nor KH3 will be at E3. Not even a short trailer.... wow.

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

It could still be shown but seems unlikely. Also I've heard that the resident evil game won't be 7 but something in line with resident evil.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

Even as someone who has been incredibly harsh on SE in this regard, I don't think they're stupid enough to not show something substantial about XV this year.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

It could still be shown but seems unlikely. Also I've heard that the resident evil game won't be 7 but something in line with resident evil.

Hey, can you share the link of when Kagari said that about FF XV from NeoGaf. I can't find it

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Even as someone who has been incredibly harsh on SE in this regard, I don't think they're stupid enough to not show something substantial about XV this year.

Its Tetsuya Nomura... the same guy who shoulda (arguably) kept FF Versus as a PS3 exclusive but his "vision" more like poor management skills pushed him to making the game for PS4/Xbox One.

Its sad to say but its actually believable that FF XV won't be shown.

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

@Blast

I want to say its in this thread or the beast souls one.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=828208

Also o wouldn't blame Nomura. XIII and Versus XIII were supposed to be apart of the XIII universe and be in co development alongside Final Fantasy Agito. (Like how there's multiple games in the VII, X, and II universes.

The thing is development of XIII was terrible so resources were pulled from Versus XIII to help complete the game. The Agito team said screw it and rebranded the game type 0 and taking out pretty much the connection with XIII. Alongside this Final Fantasy 14 was in development and killed further resources from Nomuras game and team, but the game was managed so poorly that it was terrible and Square enix had to remake the game from the ground up as a realm reborn. That coupled with Nomura doing the portable kingdom hearts game happened. By the time normya got his full team back Versus was turned into XV and I m pretty sure a lot of the script had to be rewrootrm to take out the connection to XIII.

Square is/was a poorly magaged company who decided to bet agaisnt what could have been their golden boy.

WAT!

Blast

@shingi_70 Thanks for the link!

Wow. I read the thread.... no FFXV and KH3 at E3.... Just... WOW. Not even a small trailer.

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

Sounds like they're E3 presence will be for the edios stuff. I'm expecting

Final Fantasy Curtain Call

Just Cause 3
Dues Ex Sequel
Sleeping Dogs Triad Wars
Tomb Raider 2

WAT!

RR529

I will say, without FFXV or KHIII, I won't be as excited for the Sony conference.

I don't know how likely such announcements would be (or if they'd even showcase them in a press conference), but a surprise SoulCalibur, Ace Combat, Ninja Gaiden, or Tales announcement could get me excited though. Hopefully they at least show a trailer for MGSV. (it was at the MS conference last year I believe, so hopefully it'll appear at Sony's this year)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

@RR529

There probably won't be a Tales announcement since Zestiria is still in development and already confirmed for the west.

After Soul Calibur 3, 4, 5, and that F2P thing, I personally hope the series is dead. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did announce something.

Ninja Gaiden 3 and Razor's Edge didn't sell very well IIRC(?), so I wouldn't expect anything from that series any time soon.

They just released that F2P Ace Combat, but I still wouldn't mind a real new entry in the series.

I have a bad feeling if we get any announcement from Namco Bandai, it's going to be yet another F2P thing...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

Doesn't Square Enix know that alot is riding on Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV's shoulders?????? If they aren't showing either at E3 then they better show it at the Tokyo Game Show this year.

How can you not even a show a small cutscene from two highly anticipated games (that the PS4 and JRPG fans really want)?

Sad. I hope they show something for those two games.

Master of the Hype Train

iKhan

CanisWolfred wrote:

@RR529

There probably won't be a Tales announcement since Zestiria is still in development and already confirmed for the west.

After Soul Calibur 3, 4, 5, and that F2P thing, I personally hope the series is dead. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did announce something.

Ninja Gaiden 3 and Razor's Edge didn't sell very well IIRC(?), so I wouldn't expect anything from that series any time soon.

They just released that F2P Ace Combat, but I still wouldn't mind a real new entry in the series.

I have a bad feeling if we get any announcement from Namco Bandai, it's going to be yet another F2P thing...

Also, I doubt Tales info, as I believe there is a big event for the series right before E3.

I hope that they figure out a way to make SC6 as groundbreaking as SC1 or 2 were. I'd argue it's the 2nd most unique fighting franchise after Smash. After all, what other series gives you that ability to move around in a giant arena, but still play by traditional mechanics?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CanisWolfred

iKhan wrote:

I hope that they figure out a way to make SC6 as groundbreaking as SC1 or 2 were. I'd argue it's the 2nd most unique fighting franchise after Smash. After all, what other series gives you that ability to move around in a giant arena, but still play by traditional mechanics?

...DOA? Tekken? King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 1 & 2? Soul Calibur built on a solid foundation. All it did was bring weapons to the table. What made it great was how well it was excecuted, which was the main problem with later entries in the series.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Soul Calibur 2 is my favorite fighting game that isn't a Smash sequel, so I'm always sad to hear that they've never been able to live up to that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

CanisWolfred wrote:

iKhan wrote:

...DOA? Tekken? King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 1 & 2? Soul Calibur built on a solid foundation. All it did was bring weapons to the table. What made it great was how well it was excecuted, which was the main problem with later entries in the series.

Tekken is 2D. Haven't played or seen the others.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.