General Discussion Forum

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Showing 2,601 to 2,620 of 2,631

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,601. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Also, Twitter is exhibit A on why this might be the best idea Nintendo has had.

???

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,602. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

???

Nintendo has been dominating the Twitter trends since their Digital Event. Considering how everyone else had to share the same day, that's a big deal.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

iKhan

2,603. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

The Treehouse stuff was better than expected, since the people there acted like actual people more often than not.

I'd put my money on someone else trying the whole "Digital Event" thing now to some degree after Nintendo met such success with it. Even if you didn't like the games shown, there's no doubt that Nintendo killed it with the presentation itself. We got all the developer commentary and trailers of a live conference, but with additional humorous interludes that'd be impossible live.

Currently Playing: Pandora's Tower, Okami, Tales of Innocence, Inazuma Eleven
Currently Watching: Arrow, Batman: The Animated Series, House of Cards

AuthorMessage

penubag

2,604. Posted:

My first year really following e3 closely but tomorrow will nintendo still have a lot of big announcements like yesterday or will it be mostly quiet like today? What are the chances they will announce a new Metroid tomorrow?

Edited on by penubag

penubag

AuthorMessage

camerica1618

2,605. Posted:

penubag wrote:

My first year really following e3 closely but tomorrow will nintendo still have a lot of big announcements like yesterday or will it be mostly quiet like today? What are the chances they will announce a new Metroid tomorrow?

I'd say the chance of that happening is 2%. It won't happen. Maybe next year.

camerica1618

AuthorMessage

iKhan

2,606. Posted:

What do you guys think Nintendo could have done better in regards to their E3 strategy. It clearly worked very well for them, but there is obviously room for improvement. To be clear this isn't about the games they showed at E3, but their presentation style.

My list:
-Don't split content across multiple places. After the digital event it was crazy, because you had the Nintendo Minute presenting even more games on one hand, and IGN announcing Devil's third on the other. It was pretty much impossible to keep up with both streams
-Set clear times for new announcements, and convey them clearly to everyone. I don't want to have to keep up with 3 different streams over the course of the entire E3 just to see all the Nintendo games.
-Make sure you don't botch an announcement like you did with Devil's Third and Star Fox U.

Currently Playing: Pandora's Tower, Okami, Tales of Innocence, Inazuma Eleven
Currently Watching: Arrow, Batman: The Animated Series, House of Cards

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

2,607. Posted:

^I don't get the whole roundtable conference thing and how necessary it might be for companies to have one at E3 but don't have big announcements there unless you're gonna live stream it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

camerica1618

2,608. Posted:

Overall, I've loved Nintendo's approach. The press conferences were epic and awesome sometimes, but I don't miss them. The new approach makes me feel like I'm actually at E3. Hearing about all the news and games "directly" is great. I hope that Nintendo won't leave this new approach any time soon. Instead I want them to just go farther with it and improve on it.

camerica1618

AuthorMessage

penubag

2,609. Posted:

camerica1618 wrote:

penubag wrote:

I'd say the chance of that happening is 2%. It won't happen. Maybe next year.

Well that sucks. Are more game announcements most likely planned for tomorrow or will it be another quiet day?

penubag

AuthorMessage

Peach64

2,610. Posted:

They could announce stuff, but there is nothing planned like the 3DS press event or the Devil's Third reveal.

I'm tempted to watch the Treehouse stuff for Project S.T.E.A.M but I kind of don't want to spoil it by seeing too much. As I've said a few times, the biggest thing I take away from E3 are the announcements. The extended looks at the games being played aren't really doing much for me. SRPG from Intelligent Systems? I know I'm getting that already :)

Peach64

AuthorMessage

camerica1618

2,611. Posted:

I doubt there will be any more announcements today. I'd love to be wrong though. Two years ago I'm pretty sure Reggie announced that Fire Emblem: Awakening was coming to the West. I'm pretty sure that announcement came on Thursday of E3. So we might get something like that, but anything beyond that I doubt.

camerica1618

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,612. Posted:

They're about to show off codename steam.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,613. Posted:

So what was the time for the supposedly new Nintendo games today?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

2,614. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

So what was the time for the supposedly new Nintendo games today?

The almighty Splatoon. Developer tournament.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Neko_Rukiafan

2,615. Posted:

I was forced to watch a half hour long technical college commercial before I was able to start watching today's Treehouse stream on Twitch. >_<

Edited on by Neko_Rukiafan

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com est. on March 16th 2011

Currently in need of new news anchors and reviewers!

Twitter: WiiWareWave

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

2,616. Posted:

can sb please help? an hour ago a demo was shown of an unannounced title, which title was it and where can I watch it?

source
events guide:

12/06/2014
Nintendo Demo — 12:00 Pacific / 15:00 Eastern / 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET — This one is particularly intriguing, as Twitch is listing this as an "Unannounced Title"; it's a 20 minute demonstration.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

camerica1618

2,617. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

can sb please help? an hour ago a demo was shown of an unannounced title, which title was it and where can I watch it?

source
events guide:

12/06/2014
Nintendo Demo — 12:00 Pacific / 15:00 Eastern / 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET — This one is particularly intriguing, as Twitch is listing this as an "Unannounced Title"; it's a 20 minute demonstration.

I think it was just Splatoon.

camerica1618

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

2,618. Posted:

The real question is what will be up in 10 minutes?

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

2,619. Posted:

So, is it STEAM?

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Peach64

2,620. Posted:

Yes. Those schedules were written before E3 started, so they couldn't put down S.T.E.A.M and Splatoon.

Peach64