Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 2,161

Blast

RR529 wrote:

That rumor just has too many questionable flaws, IMO, to be true.

• As for the Mario Kart 8 DLC, they mention the retro course DLC cup as the "Racoon Leaf" cup, which doesn't make any sense, since the item itself has always been referred to as the "Super Leaf", and the transformation is referred to as "Tanooki", not "Racoon".
  • In regards to the Smash Bros. news, they make too big a deal out of Mewtwo. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if Mewtwo were to return, but no returning character (not even Mewtwo) would warrant more attention than a newcomer, of which this rumor doesn't hint at any (an unlikely event).
  • Mario Galaxy Kart... really? There have always only been one MK per platform, and I see no reason to see that changing any time soon (even less that it's supposed to come out only one year after MK8...)
  • Avalon X screams BS. Miyamoto has already created his medieval fantasy series in the form of Zelda. His IP are always unique and vastly different from each other. The idea just seems too similar to Zelda.
  • Metroid Huntering sounds too similar to Metroid Prime: Hunters. If it were in any way related to MPH, that wouldn't be a problem, but seeing as it's rumored to be 2.5D rather than first person, that doesn't seem to be the case.
  • Super Mario Galaxy 3, Super Mario Sunshine 3D, Star Fox Eladard, Symphony of the Night 2, and Zelda: Shard of Nightmare all sound too fanboy wishlist-like (especially the description of the new Zelda). Granted, I can't technically find anything wrong with these rumours (again, except maybe Zelda), but they just feel "off" to me somehow.

You make good points... Hmmmm...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

Ryno wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Mizore wrote:

Meh, we know Nintendo likes to be quiet about stuff...doubt they would allow stuff like this to be leaked this easily.

Also, February is such a popular month for games apparently

I know, right? 4 games in 2014 and 3 in 2013. Potentially 2 games in 2015 or did I miss one?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games

I don't see 4 major Nintendo games in one month. Your point?

Also, my friend works for Nintendo and he says that Nintendo will reveal a new Urban Champion. My rumor has just as much plausibility as that other rumor

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Henmii

"Depends the reviews praise the games desgin and over all mechanics, but the game wasn't content rich into the update last month."

Okay, I can understand that. Seeing as most of the content (the fighters) have to be downloaded seperately!

Okay, I throw some Zelda rumors at the mill: Someone on Youtube said he heard the game will be called Protectors of the sun (nice title) because in the game the sun will fall! Doesn't sound very convincing, I must admit. He also said the villain wears different masks (the masks-man, anyone). The game revolves around masks and items, wich you can buy Albw style. You can play the dungeons in any order, like in Albw. Almost no text. Sense of isolation. 2 worlds: 1 light, 1 dark. The light world becomes lighter and lighter as the sun lowers! To me it sounds like Majora's mask, meets Twilight princess, meets Super Mario sunshine beta (the Sunshine beta showed a very light world that would be lethal to Mario, thus he needed to hide a lot of times in the shadows).

Personally I think there's quite some chance that we see the item buying mechanic, and maybe even the non-lineair approach. The rest I am not so sure of, about the sun sounds very fake. As for a dual world: We have seen this soooo many times before. We also saw it in Albw. I hope they come up with something more original, though we never know how exactly they will do it this time!

I also hope for some MASSIVE bosses this time! The imprisoned from Skyward sword was big, but other games show much bigger bosses. But of course the boss should also be fun!

Henmii

LzWinky

I almost forgot how much fun every May is

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

OHMYGAWD!!!!!!!! EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

Ryno

Unca_Lz wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Also, February is such a popular month for games apparently

I know, right? 4 games in 2014 and 3 in 2013. Potentially 2 games in 2015 or did I miss one?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games

I don't see 4 major Nintendo games in one month. Your point?

Also, my friend works for Nintendo and he says that Nintendo will reveal a new Urban Champion. My rumor has just as much plausibility as that other rumor

My point was that 4 games were released for the Wii U in February 2014. I was responding to your "apparently" which I took with tongue in cheek. Also, you didn't specify games by "Nintendo" or "major."

Hey @shingi_70, what's your thoughts on those rumors from the previous page?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Octane

I stopped after reading this:

''Once are finished, we received news of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Mega Sceptile Omega and Alpha Sapphire, are shown the styles of the main characters, Brendan and May. Also is shown new mega pokemons: Mega Sceptile Omega and Alpha , and also Mega Swampert and Alpha. More news will be revealed later in a specific Nintendo Direct for him. Launch in November.''

Now read it again, slowly this time. Still don't get it? Me neither..

Anyway, this rumor is just obviously false. Combined a few other rumors to gain more credibility, other than that it's filled with his/her own wishes.

Octane

UGXwolf

Octane wrote:

I stopped after reading this:

''Once are finished, we received news of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Mega Sceptile Omega and Alpha Sapphire, are shown the styles of the main characters, Brendan and May. Also is shown new mega pokemons: Mega Sceptile Omega and Alpha , and also Mega Swampert and Alpha. More news will be revealed later in a specific Nintendo Direct for him. Launch in November.''

Now read it again, slowly this time. Still don't get it? Me neither..

Anyway, this rumor is just obviously false. Combined a few other rumors to gain more credibility, other than that it's filled with his/her own wishes.

That last bit might make a tad more sense, if I write it like this:

"''Once we were finished, we received news of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. We are shown the styles of the main characters, Brendan and May. We're also shown new mega pokemon: Mega Sceptile Omega and Mega Sceptile Alpha , and also Mega Swampert Omega and Mega Swampert Alpha. More news will be revealed later in a specific Nintendo Direct for them. Launch in November."

Anyways, that's not the point. I find it odd he mentions Alpha and Omega forms of Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert, but no Omega (Alpha?) Blaziken. In all honesty, I don't think they'd show off both forms of all three Poke'mon at E3, anyways. Just one each, if even that many. The whole thing's a stretch, and lulz and inserting the commonly known release month at the tail end to make it seem a tiny bit more credible than me flying to the moon.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Blast

The Nintendo E3 leaks all have certain things in common.....
THE NEXT ZELDA GAME REALLY IS CALLED: LEGEND OF ZELDA: SHARD OF NIGHTMARE.
Castlevanina: Symphony of Night 2 IS coming to 3DS.
Metroid IS coming to 3DS.
Pokken Fighters IS coming to Wii U.
Starfox IS coming to Wii U.
Miyamoto's new IP really is called Avalon X.
Captain Falcon WILL be confirmed at E3.

That's all the consistent leaks say so far. Everything else is different like some leaks says Super Mario Galaxy 3 is coming and that's believable to me.

Master of the Hype Train

Warruz

Blast wrote:

I find this one hard to believe , the Lord of Shadows series while not the Castlevania series I am sure most of us want it, is however the one Konami wants as it has sold the best compared to other entries. Not only that but there is even an article going over how the producer of the lord of shadows series believes the 2d castlevania days are dead.

Edited on by Warruz

Game Industry News; Discussed and Debated - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter:

LzWinky

Blast wrote:

That's all the consistent leaks say so far. Everything else is different like some leaks says Super Mario Galaxy 3 is coming and that's believable to me.

Of course rumors can build off each other or rumors could come from the same source. Both have happened quite often before.

Ryno wrote:

My point was that 4 games were released for the Wii U in February 2014. I was responding to your "apparently" which I took with tongue in cheek. Also, you didn't specify games by "Nintendo" or "major."

Untitled

Edited on by LzWinky

Dezzy

I haven't read about any of this yet. Can someone explain to me what's going on with these supposed 'leaks'? Are any of them from good sources?

These 3 are awesome:

Although that's a crap name for Zelda. Shard of Nightmares or Shards of Nightmare sound better.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dreamz

Blast wrote:

Consistency in rumors is in no way validation of those rumors.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

LzWinky

Indeed. Like I said earlier, multiple rumor"s" can come from the same source, and sometimes rumors build off other previously "leaked" info. Rumors do not gain credibility by being the same.

Blast

This leak link right here does not seem fake to me at all. Check it out: http://wccftech.com/sony-microsoft-nintendos-e3-2014-press-co...

Look at it closely. Its incredibly realistic.

I'm telling you guys... the next Zelda game is totally called... Legend of Zelda: Shard of Nightmare. I'm wiling to bet money on that.

Master of the Hype Train

OmegaMetroid93

But something like that would be really easy to fake. It really would...
I suppose we'll see in 3 and a half weeks.

OmegaMetroid93

Octane

Blast wrote:

This leak link right here does not seem fake to me at all. Check it out: http://wccftech.com/sony-microsoft-nintendos-e3-2014-press-co...

I'm telling you guys... the next Zelda game is totally called... Legend of Zelda: Shard of Nightmare. I'm wiling to bet money on that.

There are several problems with that rumor, it's not impossible, but unlikely to be real.

The main problem is Xenogears Chronicles. The name ''Xenogears'' is trademarked by Square, unless this game is different from Monolith Soft's X (which I think this game implies to be), it is impossible for Monolith Soft to develop a ''Xenogears'' game. I highly doubt Square would develop a new Xenogears game, as all the original developers now work for Monolith Soft, and they haven't done anything with the series since the original Xenogears in 1998.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

LzWinky

Blast wrote:

Considering there were many "realistic" rumors in the past that turned out to be BS, I'm not convinced

Also, I noticed that sites I never heard of are still posting these so-called "leaks". I truly find no credibility in these at all

Edited on by LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.