Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 2,161

shingi_70

It sounds like the modern day Fire Emblem or more to the point XCOM.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

V8_Ninja

For those that are mad that the New 3DS Game Q&A isn't being livestreamed, Polygon has a liveblog covering the event as its happening.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

RR529

To answer @ikhan's question (of interesting titles)...

MS:

• Sunset Overdrive
  • Ori & the Blind Forest
  • Inside
  • Cuphead

PS:

• LBP3
  • InFamous: First Light
  • Abzu
  • Entwined

N:

• Hyrule Warriors
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Devil's Third
  • SSB Wii U/3DS
  • Kirby: Rainbow Curse
  • Zelda U
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X

Multiplat:

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  • the TALOS Principle
  • No Man's Sky
  • Mighty No. 9

In no particular order, of course.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Justlink

So majoras mask to be confirmed tomorrow?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Void

shingi_70 wrote:

It sounds like the modern day Fire Emblem or more to the point XCOM.

Being a big fan of both, yeah, sounds a lot like X-COM in terms of gameplay.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

HappyHappyist

To be honest, Devil's Third just looks like a Japanese Duke Nukem. Not interested.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HappyHappyist

justlink wrote:

So majoras mask to be confirmed tomorrow?

I think it's time to pack up all hope for this year. butter luck next year I guess.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

RR529

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the new Fossil Fighters is being localized.

There's a video for it in the eShop.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

Is there any way to rewatch segments or gameplay footage from Treehouse Live? I won't be able to catch the first couple hours tomorrow and don't want to miss too much--especially if they start with STEAM. Thanks

All of yesterday's Treehouse Live stuff is now up on YouTube, so I'm sure they'll eventually get around to adding all of it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

kkslider5552000

The Treehouse stuff was better than expected, since the people there acted like actual people more often than not.

Also, Twitter is exhibit A on why this might be the best idea Nintendo has had.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

???

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

???

Nintendo has been dominating the Twitter trends since their Digital Event. Considering how everyone else had to share the same day, that's a big deal.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

The Treehouse stuff was better than expected, since the people there acted like actual people more often than not.

I'd put my money on someone else trying the whole "Digital Event" thing now to some degree after Nintendo met such success with it. Even if you didn't like the games shown, there's no doubt that Nintendo killed it with the presentation itself. We got all the developer commentary and trailers of a live conference, but with additional humorous interludes that'd be impossible live.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

penubag

My first year really following e3 closely but tomorrow will nintendo still have a lot of big announcements like yesterday or will it be mostly quiet like today? What are the chances they will announce a new Metroid tomorrow?

Edited on by penubag

penubag

camerica1618

penubag wrote:

My first year really following e3 closely but tomorrow will nintendo still have a lot of big announcements like yesterday or will it be mostly quiet like today? What are the chances they will announce a new Metroid tomorrow?

I'd say the chance of that happening is 2%. It won't happen. Maybe next year.

camerica1618

iKhan

What do you guys think Nintendo could have done better in regards to their E3 strategy. It clearly worked very well for them, but there is obviously room for improvement. To be clear this isn't about the games they showed at E3, but their presentation style.

My list:
-Don't split content across multiple places. After the digital event it was crazy, because you had the Nintendo Minute presenting even more games on one hand, and IGN announcing Devil's third on the other. It was pretty much impossible to keep up with both streams
-Set clear times for new announcements, and convey them clearly to everyone. I don't want to have to keep up with 3 different streams over the course of the entire E3 just to see all the Nintendo games.
-Make sure you don't botch an announcement like you did with Devil's Third and Star Fox U.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

camerica1618

Overall, I've loved Nintendo's approach. The press conferences were epic and awesome sometimes, but I don't miss them. The new approach makes me feel like I'm actually at E3. Hearing about all the news and games "directly" is great. I hope that Nintendo won't leave this new approach any time soon. Instead I want them to just go farther with it and improve on it.

camerica1618

penubag

camerica1618 wrote:

penubag wrote:

I'd say the chance of that happening is 2%. It won't happen. Maybe next year.

Well that sucks. Are more game announcements most likely planned for tomorrow or will it be another quiet day?

penubag

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.