Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 2,161

Retro_on_theGo

Jazzer94 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I can't imagine a remake taking 90 minutes unless it'll be out in a month or two, so I doubt it's MM. Metroid Dread seems a very possible answer, and it does seem odd how ignored Metroid got this year, especially after the VGX tease, though maybe that was nothing. It's most likely FirstParty, so this is the best guess I've heard, but S.T.E.A.M. also seems viable.

@UGXwolf I don't think it's Metroid as that certainly would have been in the digital event, I have feeling it's Monolithsofts 3DS game.

PAC-man reveal wasn't in the digital event.

HeroOfCybertron

Something I really wanted to see nut I'm going out now.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

iKhan

ClockworkMario wrote:

A good show from Ninty that proved the strength of Wii U. The new Zelda was especially mind-blowing. My only gripe is that the rest of 2014 seems fairly barren on the friendly neighbourhood console; there's SSB, Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2, – if I haven't forgotten something – with some eShop sprinkled in between and some rarer than helium-3 third party games. I believe they ought to have one or two more heavy hitters in there to really take advantage of the temporary game-drought that the rival consoles suffer from. Now all those great games have to battle for attention against the rivals' ever strengthening game-libraries.

I believe Devil's Third was also announced for 2014 as well.

But yeah, for the first time in a long while, Nintendo did EXACTLY what they needed to do. The Wii U's library looked incredibly sparse, and the diversity seemed limited. So they went and showed that they are able to compensate for the lack of 3rd party with their own diverse assortment of titles. Also, they showed that they are listening to the fans and the market, really embracing competitive scenes and adopting a lot of ideas fans have been saying for years.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

I don't think that 3-5 must-buy titles over the next 6 months is necessarily "barren."

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jazzer94

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I can't imagine a remake taking 90 minutes unless it'll be out in a month or two, so I doubt it's MM. Metroid Dread seems a very possible answer, and it does seem odd how ignored Metroid got this year, especially after the VGX tease, though maybe that was nothing. It's most likely FirstParty, so this is the best guess I've heard, but S.T.E.A.M. also seems viable.

@UGXwolf I don't think it's Metroid as that certainly would have been in the digital event, I have feeling it's Monolithsofts 3DS game.

PAC-man reveal wasn't in the digital event.

Those aren't on the same level tbh.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

ClockworkMario

Oh yeah, Watch_Dogs. That is if Ubisoft ever bothers to release it. As for Captain Toad I assumed it's a eShop-game. Although it looked interesting I don't believe the concept can last a full-blown retail game.

True "barren" was exaggerating a bit, but 2014 would've been the perfect opportunity for Nintendo to strike. Let's be realistic: SSBU is the only 2014-Wii U game guaranteed to sell like hotcakes; Bayonetta, Devil's Third and Watch_Dogs won't move consoles one inch. Just one more first party game crammed in there, perhaps Yoshi, would do wonders in my opinion.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

kkslider5552000

So the Treehouse livestream thing is now going to show some indie devs. So I'm happy about that.

Starting with Guacamelee!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

Damn the hype, now it's going to be disappointing if it isn't Metroid Dread or Majora's Mask 3D...

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

shingi_70

SO Yoshida is saying that the Last Guardian is still in development. Personally I don't believe his lies.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Peach64

Why are people referring to Sonic Boom as a big title? Did we not learn from Lost World?

Peach64

CaviarMeths

Peach64 wrote:

Why are people referring to Sonic Boom as a big title? Did we not learn from Lost World?

I sure as heck did. I've been trying to pretend for years now that Sonic was still relevant and still fun. Lost World finally made me drop the facade.

Blast

Peach64 wrote:

Sonic Lost World still had is fun moments... Sonic Boom looks like a fun game, too.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

SO Yoshida is saying that the Last Guardian is still in development. Personally I don't believe his lies.

Wow. Just.... wow.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

@CaviarMeths Or something even better.

@ClockWorkMario Isn't Sonic Boom slated for this Fall, as well? Hyrule Warriors in September, Sonic Boom and Bayonetta in October, Smash Wii U in November, not to mention Devil's Third, which I can't remember when we're getting, and some eShop goodness to tide us over. Add to that Smash 3DS in October, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire in November, and Professor Layton vs. Pheonix Wright somewhere in the mix and we have... well, essentially last year's fall line up. :B WHERE AM I GONNA GET ALL THIS MONEY?!

That doesn't even cover The Crew, which Ubisoft showed and now I really want to play. And what about Captain Toad?! WHY DOES NO ONE EVER THINK OF CAPTAIN TOAD?! ... I should crowd fund my gaming library.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

shingi_70

Peach64 wrote:

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.