Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 2,161

iKhan

I think one thing that really made Nintendo stand out is the sheer diversity of titles they revealed. Unlike last year, when we had a limited focus on a few genres Nintendo is great with, this year we are seeing everything under the sun. Platformers, Action Adventure, JRPG, Team shooter, Fighting, User-Creation, Tower Defense, 3rd Person Hack and Slash, you name it. Microsoft did this decently as well, but I have to say Nintendo did it better.

UPDATE: HOLY CRAP Machinima (aka the most anti-Nintendo press site in existence) was even positive about the Digital Event. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOD1gFrFjh0

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

New Link is so kawaii.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

iKhan wrote:

I think one thing that really made Nintendo stand out is the sheer diversity of titles they revealed. Unlike last year, when we had a limited focus on a few genres Nintendo is great with, this year we are seeing everything under the sun. Platformers, Action Adventure, JRPG, Team shooter, Fighting, User-Creation, Tower Defense, 3rd Person Hack and Slash, you name it. Microsoft did this decently as well, but I have to say Nintendo did it better.

UPDATE: HOLY CRAP Machinima (aka the most anti-Nintendo press site in existence) was even positive about the Digital Event. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOD1gFrFjh0

Hahaha I was really surprised to see Machinima talking about the Wii U, too! WE GOT MOMENTUM

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

CanisWolfred wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

So most people are saying Sony won, but man i'm just not seeing it.

I keep hearing people saying people are saying Sony won, but I have yet to see those people...

I think Nintendo and Microsoft did wayyyy better than Sony and this is coming from a future PS4 owner. FF XV and KH3 not being at E3 was not good at all and it affected Sony's E3. The way Microsoft and Nintendo presented their stuff was also so much better than Sony. I still want a PS4, though. Uncharted 4 and BloodBorn are the only exclusives I want with the console. I need that 3rd party support. Lol

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

iKhan

Sony's Press Conference just got worse retroactively

http://gamingeverything.com/littlebigplanet-3-also-coming-to-...

In other words, only 3 exclusive PS4 games, and all of them have 2 things in common.

-Ultra dark, gritty aesthetics
-Virtually nothing known about them.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

New Tales of Xillia Trailer for E3. It's really impressive. Funny how Namco is giving me more reason to buy a Sony console than Sony itself is.

CaviarMeths

I've already got Xillia 2 on pre-order, so I was hoping for some more info on Zestiria. Oh well.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

CaviarMeths wrote:

I've already got Xillia 2 on pre-order, so I was hoping for some more info on Zestiria. Oh well.

Well the Tales of Festival is right before E3, so we don't usually get much news at E3.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2014/1509.html
Zestiria is seems to be taking a lot of queues from Xenoblade, with the vast worlds and having combat take place outside of battle screens.

Do we have a general Tales of Discussion topic on this board?

kkslider5552000

WaveBoy wrote:

I am interested in sony's VR helmet. Would of been neat if they busted it out on the show floor. That's the future of first and 3rd person gaming, combined with a pointer like device.

Put a new Power Glove on, but like 100000000X better technology

WiiMotion++++++++++++++++++++ and it just takes over your hand

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

OptometristLime

WaveBoy wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I am interested in sony's VR helmet. Would of been neat if they busted it out on the show floor. That's the future of first and 3rd person gaming, combined with a pointer like device.

Put a new Power Glove on, but like 100000000X better technology

WiiMotion++++++++++++++++++++ and it just takes over your hand

Untitled

I like you guys - for exchanges like these. xD

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Peach64

SMT IV finally confirmed for a European release this year. Download only.

Peach64

unrandomsam

WaveBoy wrote:

Sony won't do anything with that until the Occulus Rift works out what to do. (Then they will copy that.)

It is what they always do they never pioneer anything only copy. (At least in Gaming anyway).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Gamer83

shingi_70 wrote:

So most people are saying Sony won, but man i'm just not seeing it.

Surprisingly, though that's what I expected, it's not what I've been seeing outside of Sony specific websites. I liked Sony's conference but I would put it behind MS and definitely behind Nintendo, and even many people I hang out with who do a fair amount of gaming but don't care for Nintendo at all agree that based on what was shown Nintendo wins this E3. Now we just wait to see what kind of impact the games will have on system sales. Devil's Third is exactly the type of game I want to play and the kind of game Nintendo needs, same goes for the Bayonetta series. I hope they can be system sellers, if not, at least I hope they well to the current userbase.

Gamer83

6ch6ris6

i really hope there will be some cool games announced for 3DS. so far i am disappointed.

the best thing so far was the new trailer for mgs5. that game will be so amazing. something only kojima can pull up

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

jump

6ch6ris6 wrote:

i really hope there will be some cool games announced for 3DS. so far i am disappointed.

They are announcing a big 3DS game today at 1.30am UK time, speculation is it's gonna be either Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D or Metroid Dread.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

6ch6ris6

arronishere wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

They are announcing a big 3DS game today at 1.30am UK time, speculation is it's gonna be either Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D or Metroid Dread.

1:30 am? so that's in the night i think?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Dreamz

arronishere wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

arronishere wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

1:30 am? so that's in the night i think?

If you're in the UK but it'll be daytime in the US.

Are we sure that time is right? 1:30a in the UK is still 8:30p (on the east coast), and still 5:30p on the west coast, which is much later than yesterday's activities.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

6ch6ris6

02:30 CET
damn so late. guess i will hear from that game tomorrow then

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.