General Discussion Forum

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Showing 21 to 40 of 2,631

AuthorMessage

Maxie93

21. Posted:

I notice a lot of people keep saying they are worried because they keep focusing on smash. You COULD all be right, but I have a (hopeful) theory that maybe they are talking about smash so much (as well as giving it its own direct) because they have other stuff they want to focus on at e3. As crazy as this sounds maybe they don't want it to get lost in the mix of Zelda U + whatever other stuff they show, and wont be focusing on it too much in their "e3 online presentation" itself.

Maxie93

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

22. Posted:

Well, I guess I'm going to Best Buy, then.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

23. Posted:

Sorry, they lost me after that "SmashFest at BestBuy" part.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

24. Posted:

I do wonder what's Nintendo's play here. Th smash tourny and Best Buy events are good ways to keep the hype, but not doing a full press conference seems a bit fool hardy. Last year most of my causal friends didn't even know Nintendo showed up to E3 since there was nothing on Spike or Game trailers for a live stream.

On the other hand a part of the problem with having a traditional press conference is they don't have the third party support to properly pad it out. Tied to that is the fact that when doing a traditional conference Nintendo only has 60 minutes compared to the extra thirty everyone else gets by being on the first day. Its also hell of alot of money to push toward these flashy confrences every year and its mainfanbase has gotten used to directs.

Regardless I think Nintendo needs to throw all the show stoppers they can at this event show Fatal Frame, the other collabarations, and stuff like sonic boom.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

25. Posted:

@shingi_70
Super Smash Bros. IS one of their biggest titles this year, though. We might see new characters, stages, etc. Having a Smash Bros. tourney from a game that's not out, is bound to draw some attention.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

26. Posted:

Maxie93 wrote:

I notice a lot of people keep saying they are worried because they keep focusing on smash. You COULD all be right, but I have a (hopeful) theory that maybe they are talking about smash so much (as well as giving it its own direct) because they have other stuff they want to focus on at e3. As crazy as this sounds maybe they don't want it to get lost in the mix of Zelda U + whatever other stuff they show, and wont be focusing on it too much in their "e3 online presentation" itself.

What bugs me the most is that they're implying that Smash Bros is the only game that's going to be playable at Best Buy. If they had worded it like say "Nintendo fans will be able to play games shown off on the E3 show floor, including Smash Bros.", it wouldn't be as concerning. The problem is they're making it seem like it's all about Smash Bros and there's nothing else to play. I certainly hope this is nothing more than bad wording, but knowing how Nintendo's been lately, it wouldn't be surprising at all if this were the case.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

27. Posted:

Favorite part of the video.
Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

28. Posted:

@Bolt_Strike
They said they'd be doing a live stream of new games, from the Nintendo Treehouse(which will presumably be playable on the show floor). They will announce new games and that's good enough for the majority of people.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Ryno

29. Posted:

Ugh, if I hear any more about Smash I'm going to go get smashed.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

30. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@shingi_70
Super Smash Bros. IS one of their biggest titles this year, though. We might see new characters, stages, etc. Having a Smash Bros. tourney from a game that's not out, is bound to draw some attention.

I agree with that, but i'm talking the direct on its own. I'd imagine you lose alot of the casual or even enthusiast audience by not being on Spike, GT, or mirrored on the other big gaming websites.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

31. Posted:

The SSB tourney was a good move shows that they are learning from last year.

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

32. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Bolt_Strike
They said they'd be doing a live stream of new games, from the Nintendo Treehouse(which will presumably be playable on the show floor). They will announce new games and that's good enough for the majority of people.

No, they said nothing about new games, they said they were showing off their "biggest games". Read it again:

This year, Nintendo will offer fans a deeper look at Nintendo’s biggest games of E3, with information directly from the source. The “Treehouse,” the Product Development department at Nintendo of America, will provide in-depth game demos live and unscripted from Nintendo’s booth. This new program will be live streamed during all hours of the E3 show. Fans can get settled in, open their browsers and experience the Nintendo games at E3 like never before.

Nowhere in this description or anywhere else in their E3 plans for that matter is there any mention of new games.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Ryno

33. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Bolt_Strike

No, they said nothing about new games, they said they were showing off their "biggest games". Read it again:

This year, Nintendo will offer fans a deeper look at Nintendo’s biggest games of E3, with information directly from the source. The “Treehouse,” the Product Development department at Nintendo of America, will provide in-depth game demos live and unscripted from Nintendo’s booth. This new program will be live streamed during all hours of the E3 show. Fans can get settled in, open their browsers and experience the Nintendo games at E3 like never before.

Nowhere in this description or anywhere else in their E3 plans for that matter is there any mention of new games.

How do you know already what Nintendo's "biggest games of E3" are?

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

34. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Bolt_Strike

They are clearly going to have one or two unannounced games revealed at E3 at least.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

35. Posted:

Saw the video but, NoA has a treehouse?

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

36. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Bolt_Strike

How do you know already what Nintendo's "biggest games of E3" are?

I don't, but the point is that if you read it closely, the announcement is very careful to avoid using the word "new", or to reference any unannounced games being shown off.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

37. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Bolt_Strike

biggest can equal new. The threehouse videos will probably just be talking about the games shown off at the direct in more detail.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Kodeen

38. Posted:

Tobias95 wrote:

Saw the video but, NoA has a treehouse?

No, they have an office building they refer to as a treeshouse because reasons.

Kodeen

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

39. Posted:

@Tobias95

The treehouse is the name of Nintendo's localization branch that translates games to english.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

40. Posted:

I was a bit worried at first but that video does a lot to prove Nintendo's point. Because last year's problem wasn't that they did something different, it was that it was BOOOORING. The games were obvious, boring and mostly known already, the presentation was green screen Iwata for 40 minutes, and 3D World was shown off in the least interesting way they could. Honestly, the Nintendo Directs after that were consistently better for no apparent reason.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!