Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 2,161

UGXwolf

I'm trying to catch up with everyone's opinions, but I will say, I missed EA and Sony's streams, but from what I've heard, I'm not missing much. Microsoft did amazing. A for effort. Now just bring back Platforming to get that one niche that always eludes you and I'll be impressed. Scalebound, Phantom Dust, KI Season 2, and Sunset Overdrive really have my attention. I've got my eyes on you, MS. Deliver on these kind of promises for next year and I may just be picking up an Xbox One for Christmas 2015.

As for Ubisoft's conference, I was torn between feeling bleh and being interested. AC Unity has co-op. Sweet. I'm getting that and playing with all of my friends. Maybe on PC, but I hope I can do it somewhere else. I won't be getting an XO til AT LEAST late, next year, and a PS4 is gonna take me even longer. The Crew looks amazing. I guess you guys can't really appreciate that kind of game, or something, cause I'm seeing a lot of hate, but I was legit impressed. Valiant Hearts legitimately made me sad. Rainbow Six's trailer was super intense. It's not my kind of game, but I'd love to see some matches online.

So, yeah. My ranking for conferences, thus far (from what I've seen and heard) is:

Microsoft > Ubisoft > Sony > EA... Ugh... did I really just put Microsoft at the top? @____@

I'm expecting Nintendo will wind up at the top of this list, because I appreciate quality games for what they are, rather than whining about how Mario's being used in yet another Nintendo title. Besides, with Smash and Zelda U practically guaranteed to show, and the inevitable secrets Nintendo has been keeping, I'm pretty psyched for their FULL presentation, including the Event, the tournament, and the show floor livestream.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

jump

So what Ninty companies haven't released anything in the last year or two that may have a game revealed?

Intelligent Systems, Next Level, Monster Games?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Peach64

My wish list for Nintendo today is a new Star Fox for Wii U, Advanced Wars for 3DS, and some big 3rd party game. Something where they've just decided to buy an exclusive in order to boost the Wii U's reputation. Maybe another Mistwalker RPG. Oh, and Western localisation of Dragon Quest VII. I'd be pretty happy with that.

I actually preferred EA to Ubisoft. Ubisoft had a very solid line up, but we'd seen almost all of it before. The only really new game was Rainbow Six. EA on the other hand showed us Battlefront 3, Criterion's new game, new Mass Effect and a first real look at Mirror's Edge. I come to these things for announcements, and Ubi just didn't do it.

Sony:

Bloodborne
Let it Die
Abzu
LittleBigPlanet 3
Grim Fandango
Ratchet and Clank Remake

MS:

Scalebound
Crackdown 3
Phantom Dust
Master Chief Collection

EA:

Mirror's Edge
Criterion's Next Game
Star Wars Battlefront 3
Next Mass Efffect

Ubisoft:

Rainbow Six: Siege

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64

UGXwolf

arronishere wrote:

So what Ninty companies haven't released anything in the last year or two that may have a game revealed?

Intelligent Systems, Next Level, Monster Games?

Honestly, any Nintendo-based or Nintendo-aquainted company or team that doesn't already have a known project that isn't coming out in the next few months is fair game to show something new. Not saying Platinum will be waltzing on "stage" with a new Star Fox game, but it's not out of the question.

iKhan

Alright time to lay down my exact prediction for tomorrow.

Length: 45 minutes
*Opens with Iwata speaking to the camera. We start with a trailer for Bayonetta 2. Release date is revealed to be in September 2014
*Next we see Yarn Yoshi. Rather than a full trailer, we see a large amount of gameplay. Announced to be releasing later in 2014
*Next we see a new game from Next Level Games, Mario Strikers U, releasing in Spring 2015
*New trailer for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Pokken Fighters again teased following the trailer, though it's not actually acknowledged.
*Turns over to Reggie:
*Reveals more details of Phoenix Wright- Prof Layton crossover
*More Mario Golf: World Tour DLC, plus the announcement of Mario Kart 8 DLC, including the Mercedes car
*A bit of new information about Pushmo World
*Reggie reveals two new games developed by Miyamoto, one for 3DS eShop, one for Wii U eShop.
*Turns over to Sakurai:
*We see the first of the Smash figures, they go into how they will work in the games.
*Invites Yoshito Higuchi to join him in announcing Pac-man or Lloyd Irving for Smash.
*Closes with short trailer.
*Back to Iwata:
*New Hyrule Warriors Trailer, August 2014 release date
*New trailer for Monolith Soft's X. We get a final title, and a Holiday 2014 release date
*New reveal for Metroid Dread for 3DS. Launching Fall 2014
*Reveals 3rd party game exclusive to Wii U, Devil's Third
*Finally, Iwata reveals he has a special guest. Zelda Williams appears, and presents a trailer for Zelda Wii U. We get a title and a 2015 release date.
ABSENT: SMT X FE

Wow that grounded my expectations a bit. But still a pretty good press conference.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

AlexSays wrote:

dumedum wrote:

iKhan wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

I knew this thread would be a humorous read after the Sony conference

You guys did not disappoint

What was good about it in regards to games?

Just ignore him

Agreed, would hate for someone with realistic expectations to interrupt the Sony bashing in this thread

Realistic expectations? Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, the Nintendo defense force after every disappointing direct.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

UGXwolf

iKhan wrote:

Alright time to lay down my exact prediction for tomorrow.

Length: 45 minutes
*Opens with Iwata speaking to the camera. We start with a trailer for Bayonetta 2. Release date is revealed to be in September 2014
*Next we see Yarn Yoshi. Rather than a full trailer, we see a large amount of gameplay. Announced to be releasing later in 2014
*Next we see a new game from Next Level Games, Mario Strikers U, releasing in Spring 2015
*New trailer for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Pokken Fighters again teased following the trailer, though it's not actually acknowledged.
*Turns over to Reggie:
*Reveals more details of Phoenix Wright- Prof Layton crossover
*More Mario Golf: World Tour DLC, plus the announcement of Mario Kart 8 DLC, including the Mercedes car
*A bit of new information about Pushmo World
*Reggie reveals two new games developed by Miyamoto, one for 3DS eShop, one for Wii U eShop.
*Turns over to Sakurai:
*We see the first of the Smash figures, they go into how they will work in the games.
*Invites Yoshito Higuchi to join him in announcing Pac-man or Lloyd Irving for Smash.
*Closes with short trailer.
*Back to Iwata:
*New Hyrule Warriors Trailer, August 2014 release date
*New trailer for Monolith Soft's X. We get a final title, and a Holiday 2015 release date
*New reveal for Metroid Dread for 3DS. Launching Fall 2014
*Reveals 3rd party game exclusive to Wii U, Devil's Third
*Finally, Iwata reveals he has a special guest. Zelda Williams appears, and presents a trailer for Zelda Wii U. We get a title and a 2015 release date.
ABSENT: SMT X FE

Wow that grounded my expectations a bit. But still a pretty good press conference.

Entirely fair expectations. I could see this and an ending of "Make sure to tune in to Nintendo Treehouse for more in-depth looks at these games and more coming to your Wii U and 3DS over the next year."

FlaygletheBagel

I'm keeping my expectations low for today. Let's be honest, how much is Nintendo going to cover in a 40 minute Digital event? Probably not much.

-I expect to hear more about the games we already know about (but probably not all of them), like Zelda U, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Monolith Soft's X, Yarn Yoshi, Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros. If they do that and reveal nothing else, I'd honestly be pretty satisfied with it. That's a solid lineup of games.
-I bet Super Mario Sunshine is getting an HD remake, a la Wind Waker.
-Nintendo will talk in great length about the NFC figurines and how they will operate with Super Smash Bros. and one other new crossover game.
-They will give some quick new info on Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Maybe hint at Pokken Fighters but not get into it.
-Super Smash Bros is likely getting a 3DS bundle.
-We'll see a new Smash character getting unveiled.
-One surprise 3DS reveal is coming. They have to talk about it for 90 minutes, so it's got to be something complicated and in-depth. It can't just be a platformer. My guess is it's Advance Wars 3DS.

Thats all. Even a couple of those things are probably not going to happen. But either way, I'm excited for Nintendo's event and I'll keep on buying their stuff regardless of how much or how little of it there is.

Edited on by FlaygletheBagel

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

Azooooz

5 hours until NDE.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

CaviarMeths

5 hours to go. Time to call in sick for work, cancel your wedding, and send a message to dear old nan on her deathbed that you'll be a little late.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

I'm keeping my expectations low for today. Let's be honest, how much is Nintendo going to cover in a 40 minute Digital event? Probably not much.

-I expect to hear more about the games we already know about (but probably not all of them), like Zelda U, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Monolith Soft's X, Yarn Yoshi, Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros. If they do that and reveal nothing else, I'd honestly be pretty satisfied with it. That's a solid lineup of games.
-Nintendo will talk in great length about the NFC figurines and how they will operate with Super Smash Bros. and one other new crossover game.
-They will give some quick new info on Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Maybe hint at Pokken Fighters but not get into it.
-One surprise 3DS reveal is coming. They have to talk about it for 90 minutes, so it's got to be something complicated and in-depth. It can't just be a platformer. My guess is it's Advance Wars 3DS.

Thats all. Even a couple of those things are probably not going to happen. But either way, I'm excited for Nintendo's event and I'll keep on buying their stuff regardless of how much or how little of it there is.

That's pretty good, it already beats everyone but Microsoft.

Peach64

iKhan wrote:

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

That's pretty good, it already beats everyone but Microsoft.

Seriously? There's hardly any new announcements in there. It's just showing more of what we know, which Sony and MS did a bunch of too. Nobody is going to be talking about Nintendo unless they have some wow moments. Something we didn't know was coming. As I've said before, they NEED to get people talking about them. Look how happy everyone here was with that January 2013 direct, but it hardly made a splash outside Nintendo websites and did nothing for sales.

Man, today is gonna be frustrating, I can tell.

Peach64

AceDefective

@Peach64
Y'know... Why do we really need more? We've got plenty of games coming, some we know barely anything about, another is just confirmed to exist. I'd be happy with some info on any of those games, and considering the lack of info there's still room for "wow"s. It's the "wow me" mindset that'll create pessimists out of everyone.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

jump

People haven't made much of a prediction for Ninty's health platform thing they were talking about a few months ago, I reckon that could get an unveil too.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

skywake

Here's my predictions, total show will be ~40mins:

0:00 - Opens with a video of Iwata talking to camera welcoming us to the Nintendo Direct, transitions to first trailer
0:30 - Shows a trailer for he GBA Pokemon remakes.
4:00 - Animal Crossing on Wii U. This year. Boom.
7:00 - stops, Iwata transitions us to the next trailer. Majora's Mask on 3DS. Late this year. And nobody was surprised
10:00 - next trailer, Iwata says "and here's another Zelda game"... Hyrule Warriors
13:00 - Transitions to a third party section where they show nothing much. Maybe something unexpected.
15:00 - Indie games, same dealeo
18:00 - That silly Mario Maker thing and if not something similar
20:00 - Their NFC character things, some silly little game thing relating to them. Maybe some talk of how they work
22:00 - Announcement of N64 VC games on the Wii U with a date in a few months. "Please Understand"
24:00 - Speaking of Please Understand, Yarn Yoshi. Next year. Sorry. Please Understand. Here's a trailer.
27:00 - Bayonetta 2, another trailer, confirmation of release date
29:00 - X, as shiny as ever. Release date
32:00 - Something completely out of left field. This is where they might do their Metroid thing if it's here
35:00 - Screen goes black, shows Link..... Smash Bros trailer. What a tease! A couple of new characters
37:00 - And one more thing. Zelda trailer. Boom. Done. 2015 comes on the screen. All the words come on the screen. Stream over

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

shingi_70

Peach64 wrote:

My wish list for Nintendo today is a new Star Fox for Wii U, Advanced Wars for 3DS, and some big 3rd party game. Something where they've just decided to buy an exclusive in order to boost the Wii U's reputation. Maybe another Mistwalker RPG. Oh, and Western localisation of Dragon Quest VII. I'd be pretty happy with that.

I actually preferred EA to Ubisoft. Ubisoft had a very solid line up, but we'd seen almost all of it before. The only really new game was Rainbow Six. EA on the other hand showed us Battlefront 3, Criterion's new game, new Mass Effect and a first real look at Mirror's Edge. I come to these things for announcements, and Ubi just didn't do it.

Sony:

Bloodborne
Let it Die
Abzu
LittleBigPlanet 3
Grim Fandango
Ratchet and Clank Remake

MS:

Scalebound
Crackdown 3
Phantom Dust
Master Chief Collection

EA:

Mirror's Edge
Criterion's Next Game
Star Wars Battlefront 3
Next Mass Efffect

Ubisoft:

Rainbow Six: Siege

But Ubisoft showed off tangible games while EA was like hey guys look at these vauge pieces of tech demos. Did I mention Bioware is working on a new IP as well, trust me guys now who wants some bruce lee.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Peach64

I know, but that's why I preferred EA. Everyone looks for something different in the presentations. I don't really care for trailers of games I've seen a ton of. I'm already interested in all those Ubi games, but I'll wait for reviews to decide wether to buy or not. More trailers changes nothing. It's the same with Smash and Bayonetta 2 and X. I'm sure most of us know we'll be buying those games, so I don't need to see more footage. I want new games announced. This is just me though.

Peach64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.