Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 2,161

shingi_70

iKhan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Maybe if the new IP's had some gameplay I'd be interested. All I got from the cgi trailers was "yay, at least it's different."

They Literally did a walk though of Entwined.

Bloodborne gameplay

Al you need is kill was a gameplay trailer with live action interspred.

What more do you want.

Oh boy, a walkthrough of what should be an Armor Games flash title...

So from about 5 seconds of gameplay we see that it's an action game. I'm not saying I'm upset about Bloodborne, it's likely a good game. But it's hard to get excited about something I know nothing about.

Look I thought Microsoft's conference was terrific, and I've never owned and likely never will own a Microsoft console. And Nintendo had a rather weak showing last year. So I'm not fanboying. Sony's conference was just bad.

Its a Hidetaka Miyazaki joint the dude who worked on Kings Field, demon souls, and dark souls. Its like I was talking to a buddy and he's like why should i be exicted for Scaleborne and im like its a Kamiya directed joiny.

I agree microsoft had a better conference but what were you guys expecting.

Do have to say Bloodborne aside and the fact I might get into some beta's sony didn't make a good case for the PS4.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

dumedum wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Also let's be honest nothing Microsoft or sony was going to show would have impressed you dudes, You are the same guys that rag on Sony/MS but defend crap like last year's E3 direct like crazy,

And anything that Sony or Microsoft would have shown would have "impressed" those Sony and Microsoft aficionados who roam Nintendo Life obsessively trying to educate everyone about how better the other consoles are, instead of just, you know, playing these consoles. Or I guess waiting for 2015 to play those consoles.

Oh snap I guess have to wait till next year to play my PS. ITs not I have games or any games were released today.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Gamecubed

So from everything I've seen today... I have deep interest in Sunset Overdrive, Halo Collection, Dragon Age, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Arkham Knight, Uncharted 4, MGS5 and Grim Fandango.
I'm holding out until 2015. But as I sit here and think on it, I realize that my plan remains the same. I'm probably going to be going Wii U/PS4 for gen 8.

Boarding the hype train to Nintendoland tomorrow. Everything else in my life is on hold until I watch it. ZELDAAAAAAAAAAA!

Gamecubed

shingi_70

iKhan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is entwined a new IP? I thought they just gave an indie game some show time.
And that Bloodbirne gameplay was not shown on stage. They should have presented that mixed with the cgi trailer. That gameplay looks really promising!

Entwined is from Pixel Opus a sony owned developer made up of student interns from the University of Santa Monica.

I agree with the gamplay footage myself.

I mean they both showed new first party IP.

Sony
Entwined
Bloodborne
Let it DIe

Microsoft
Scale Bound
Inside
Ori and the Blind Forest

They both also relased content out today to buy or play.

You forgot Phandom Dust and Crackdown.

Microsoft also had several previously announced titles like Fable and Sunset Overdrive and KI, and demoed games much larger in scope than Entwined or LBP3.

And don't forget that all the games you mentioned have trailers that actually tell us something substantial about the games we are going to be playing, even if some of them were CG.

Even the 3rd party multiplats announced at Microsoft's conference were bigger.

Phantom DUst and Crackdown aren't new IP so I didn't want o include them.

Untitled
Untitled

What's interesting is the stuff microsoft and sony both for whatever decided not to show thats in development.

WAT!

dumedum

I thought you didn't have a PS4 yet.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Maybe if the new IP's had some gameplay I'd be interested. All I got from the cgi trailers was "yay, at least it's different."

They Literally did a walk though of Entwined.

Bloodborne gameplay

Al you need is kill was a gameplay trailer with live action interspred.

What more do you want.

Oh boy, a walkthrough of what should be an Armor Games flash title...

So from about 5 seconds of gameplay we see that it's an action game. I'm not saying I'm upset about Bloodborne, it's likely a good game. But it's hard to get excited about something I know nothing about.

Look I thought Microsoft's conference was terrific, and I've never owned and likely never will own a Microsoft console. And Nintendo had a rather weak showing last year. So I'm not fanboying. Sony's conference was just bad.

Its a Hidetaka Miyazaki joint the dude who worked on Kings Field, demon souls, and dark souls. Its like I was talking to a buddy and he's like why should i be exicted for Scaleborne and im like its a Kamiya directed joiny.

I agree microsoft had a better conference but what were you guys expecting.

Do have to say Bloodborne aside and the fact I might get into some beta's sony didn't make a good case for the PS4.

But I'm not going to go crazy just because of the person who directed it. I need some idea of what it is. I respect Miyamoto, but if he made a military shooter, I wouldn't be excited.

I was expecting new large scope exclusive games with a variety of tones and ideas. Not a billion games with zombies, all of which take an ultra dark gritty tone, and a ton of HD remasters.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

The Order: 1886 went from Gears of War clone to Cinema: The Game. Is the game really gonna jump into cutscenes so frequently?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

dumedum wrote:

I thought you didn't have a PS4 yet.

Got a PS4!
Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

shingi_70

WaveBoy wrote:

Mortal Kombat X is the only game i'd blow my money on.
Sunset riders looks refreshing. an xbox game with actual color. My god!
Evolve looks HIGH quality, but alas it's teathered to a crappy twin stick wiggling control scheme.

Than play evolve on a PC.

WAT!

skywake

shingi_70 wrote:

Also let's be honest nothing Microsoft or sony was going to show would have impressed you dudes, You are the same guys that rag on Sony/MS but defend crap like last year's E3 direct like crazy,

I don't see why last years show from Nintendo wasn't worth defending. It was hardly 2008, you can't really complain about a show where they have X, The Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, 3D World, DKC and Mario Kart 8. Last years show for Nintendo wasn't really that bad.

Fair enough saying Sony/MS did well this year because they did. But lets not pretend that last year Nintendo had the worst show ever and this year MS/Sony dropped the mega tonnes. I'm fairly confident in saying that all three of those shows were about on par. On a scale of Wii Music to Twilight Princess all three shows were "cool, but what else"

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

dumedum

WaveBoy wrote:

That's a SNES game

iKhan

I'm back on the HYPE part of my Nintendo expectations. No more cold feet.

We have 6 confirmed games in X, Hyrule Warriors, SMT X FE, Yarn Yoshi, Bayonetta 2, and Smash.

We have a confirmed new game for 3DS, and we are bound to get a couple of new announcements for Wii U,

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

AlexSays

I knew this thread would be a humorous read after the Sony conference

You guys did not disappoint

AlexSays

iKhan

AlexSays wrote:

What was good about it in regards to games?

Bolt_Strike

E3 has been just all right so far. Most of the games that Microsoft and Ubisoft showed off were underwhelming, and I didn't even bother watching EA (although from what I hear from everyone who watched it, it was the same thing there). Sony's was all right, but not great. Right now the only games I'm hyped for are Sunset Overdrive, LittleBigPlanet 3, and No Man's Sky. There's a few others that pique my curiosity, but we only saw teasers for so it's too early to judge.

Nintendo's could either be really good or just as mediocre as the others, we'll see how that turns out.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

dumedum

iKhan wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Just ignore him

shingi_70

WaveBoy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mortal Kombat X is the only game i'd blow my money on.
Evolve looks HIGH quality, but alas it's teathered to a crappy twin stick wiggling control scheme.

Than play evolve on a PC.

But then i'd have to use keyboard & mouse, no thanks.

I wouldn't be surpise if we see a Wiimote hack for PS4.

I'm think i'm getting a Xbox One this weekend and go Xbox/Nintendo like I planned. Just more excited for what micrsoft showed.

WAT!

AlexSays

dumedum wrote:

iKhan wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Just ignore him

Agreed, would hate for someone with realistic expectations to interrupt the Sony bashing in this thread

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.