iKhan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

WHERE WAS DEEP DOWN?

Where was The Last Guardian? Untitled

WHERE WAS JAPAN

Suda 51 and From Software.

Needless to say the PS4 will continue to sell like crap in Japan.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Platypus wrote:

Has Sony just given up on the Vita then?

Since there were not one Vita exclusive in sight, probably.

The question isn't when did they stop supporting Vita.

It's when did they START supporting Vita?

May hold onto my PS4 a little longer but man they didn't make the PS4 seem headover heels better.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Peach64

Baffled at people saying the software line up was weak. Let's look at what got announced. Brand new IP from Miyazaki, brand new IP from Suda 51, brand new IP from the creators of Journey. Do you think Nintendo will have 3 new IP tomorrow? 3 new announcements, games we've not had confirmed before? They will show great footage from Smash, X, Bayonetta and Zelda, but that's just the equivelent of Sony showing off new footage of stuff like Arkham Knight, No Man's Sky, Destiny and Uncharted 4. They also announced the re-release of Grim Fandango, a game that's seriously hard to play these days, not only because it's difficult to get a copy, but because it doesn't run on modern operating systems. That's like the Earthbound for Wii U announcement.

I hope to god it doesn't happen, but you just know a huge amount of people here would proclaim Nintendo's event the best, even if they didn't announce anything new tomorrow.

Peach64

Platypus

The problem is that we never actually saw much of the new software. If I remember, the only new game with footage was Little Big Planet 3, everything else was something we had seen before or a pre rendered trailer. I still was impressed at some of the stuff especially that Arkham Knight trailer.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

iKhan

Peach64 wrote:

Baffled at people saying the software line up was weak. Let's look at what got announced. Brand new IP from Miyazaki, brand new IP from Suda 51, brand new IP from the creators of Journey. Do you think Nintendo will have 3 new IP tomorrow? 3 new announcements, games we've not had confirmed before? They will show great footage from Smash, X, Bayonetta and Zelda, but that's just the equivelent of Sony showing off new footage of stuff like Arkham Knight, No Man's Sky, Destiny and Uncharted 4. They also announced the re-release of Grim Fandango, a game that's seriously hard to play these days, not only because it's difficult to get a copy, but because it doesn't run on modern operating systems. That's like the Earthbound for Wii U announcement.

I hope to god it doesn't happen, but you just know a huge amount of people here would proclaim Nintendo's event the best, even if they didn't announce anything new tomorrow.

We know literally nothing about the IP from Miyazaki, and the Suda 51 game has very little known about it. And to be fair all 3 of those aren't new IPs from Sony but from other studios.

Arkham Knight, No Man's Sky, and Destiny are all multiplats. Destiny even comes to previous gen consoles.

Uncharted 4 is the equivalent of Nintendo showing Zelda, it was preconfirmed.

Also the diversity was nonexistent. How many Zombie games were shown again? And how many experimented with unique art styles and tones?

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

FullmetalTail

My thoughts so far...

Microsoft: 72.5% C- Good display, but games could have been better.
EA: 53.2% F- Sports, sports, sports. Look! Star Wars! Oh, wait, just a teaser...Sports, Sports...
Ubisoft: 75.6% C Good display, but some games I couldn't care less for.
Sony -Overall:82% B- Good varied look at new things
-software: 70.3% C- Everything felt sluggish except for the last 3 games (MGS 5, Batman, U4).

Currently playing!:
Rune Factory 4(3ds) Pikmin 3(Wii U) Advance Wars(GBA) A Link Between Worlds(3ds) Etrian Odyssey Untold(3ds)
2014 GOTY so far: Bravely Default

3DS Friend Code: 3110-4454-3306

iKhan

So I think the avg opinion I'm hearing on this board is:

Microsoft: B+
EA: F
Ubisoft: B-
Sony: C-

shingi_70

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Maybe if the new IP's had some gameplay I'd be interested. All I got from the cgi trailers was "yay, at least it's different."

They Literally did a walk though of Entwined.

Bloodborne gameplay

Al you need is kill was a gameplay trailer with live action interspred.

What more do you want.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Also let's be honest nothing Microsoft or sony was going to show would have impressed you dudes, You are the same guys that rag on Sony/MS but defend crap like last year's E3 direct like crazy,

WAT!

Blast

Well..... the conference wasn't BAD. It was good but man... I got a feeling alotta Japanese gamers are rolling their eyes at the conference. That's really Square Enix's fault for not bringing FF XV and KH3.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is entwined a new IP? I thought they just gave an indie game some show time.
And that Bloodbirne gameplay was not shown on stage. They should have presented that mixed with the cgi trailer. That gameplay looks really promising!

Entwined is from Pixel Opus a sony owned developer made up of student interns from the University of Santa Monica.

I agree with the gamplay footage myself.

I mean they both showed new first party IP.

Sony
Entwined
Bloodborne
Let it DIe

Microsoft
Scale Bound
Inside
Ori and the Blind Forest

They both also relased content out today to buy or play.

WAT!

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Maybe if the new IP's had some gameplay I'd be interested. All I got from the cgi trailers was "yay, at least it's different."

They Literally did a walk though of Entwined.

Bloodborne gameplay

Al you need is kill was a gameplay trailer with live action interspred.

What more do you want.

Oh boy, a walkthrough of what should be an Armor Games flash title...

So from about 5 seconds of gameplay we see that it's an action game. I'm not saying I'm upset about Bloodborne, it's likely a good game. But it's hard to get excited about something I know nothing about.

Look I thought Microsoft's conference was terrific, and I've never owned and likely never will own a Microsoft console. And Nintendo had a rather weak showing last year. So I'm not fanboying. Sony's conference was just bad.

dumedum

Peach64 wrote:

Grim Fandango, a game that's seriously hard to play these days, not only because it's difficult to get a copy, but because it doesn't run on modern operating systems. That's like the Earthbound for Wii U announcement.

I think I played it on DOSBOX like 5 or 6 years ago, so not sure what you are talking about.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is entwined a new IP? I thought they just gave an indie game some show time.
And that Bloodbirne gameplay was not shown on stage. They should have presented that mixed with the cgi trailer. That gameplay looks really promising!

Entwined is from Pixel Opus a sony owned developer made up of student interns from the University of Santa Monica.

I agree with the gamplay footage myself.

I mean they both showed new first party IP.

Sony
Entwined
Bloodborne
Let it DIe

Microsoft
Scale Bound
Inside
Ori and the Blind Forest

They both also relased content out today to buy or play.

You forgot Phandom Dust and Crackdown.

Microsoft also had several previously announced titles like Fable and Sunset Overdrive and KI, and demoed games much larger in scope than Entwined or LBP3.

And don't forget that all the games you mentioned have trailers that actually tell us something substantial about the games we are going to be playing, even if some of them were CG.

Even the 3rd party multiplats announced at Microsoft's conference were bigger.

Edited on by iKhan

dumedum

shingi_70 wrote:

Also let's be honest nothing Microsoft or sony was going to show would have impressed you dudes, You are the same guys that rag on Sony/MS but defend crap like last year's E3 direct like crazy,

And anything that Sony or Microsoft would have shown would have "impressed" those Sony and Microsoft aficionados who roam Nintendo Life obsessively trying to educate everyone about how better the other consoles are, instead of just, you know, playing these consoles. Or I guess waiting for 2015 to play those consoles.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.