Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 2,161

Caryslan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Never doubt Nintendo to disappoint.

Wow, they really couldn't show gameplay for Uncharted 4? everyone knew it existed.

Yeah, Nintendo has done some horrible E3 shows. Anyone remember 2007 where they showed off nothing and kept talking about nothing but sales?

Even Nintendo does not always hit it out of the park at E3.

Caryslan

cookiex

Maelstrom wrote:

WHERE WAS DEEP DOWN?

Where was The Last Guardian? Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

iKhan

WaveBoy wrote:

I think it's safe to say, that Nintendo won E3.

You may not like all the games (neither did I, but you have to admit Microsoft put up a tough act to follow).

Anyway. I'll separate my grade for Sony:

Software: F- Dear lord Nintendo's January 2013 Direct was better than this. Literally no diversity among exclusives. Most of it was also coming to other platforms or was a simple remaster. And no Last Guardian. No joke this was worse than EA's

Everything Else: Solid B. PS TV looked awesome. Powers seems really cool, and console exclusive TV seems interesting. The Ratchet and Clank movie seems like it could be the first good VG movie too. The new social features seems interesting as well.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

dumedum wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wow, Sony's conference was mostly as bad as expected. Grim Fandango, Vita TV, and No Man Sky were the best parts of the show thus far...

EDIT: Oh, It's not done yet? That's right, they didn't talk about The Last of Us yet...

Nailed it. And the worst Uncharted trailer they could even dream of LOL.

Not a trailer a teaser.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Platypus

Has Sony just given up on the Vita then?

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

Caryslan

WaveBoy wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

WHERE WAS DEEP DOWN?

Where was Resident Evil 7!? guess we'll have to wait for capcom's conference for that.

Was it supposed to be at this years E3? I've pretty much heard nothing about the game, expect that it was starting development. Did Capcom or someone(Not a "news" site) say it was a lock for E3?

Because I think a title that major would have been shown at at Microsoft or Sony's presentation.

Caryslan

Retro_on_theGo

Alright Sony you get a D+. I want to give you a C but that would mean it was average and that was… not even average. So far Microsoft is winning it this year. I never thought i'd say that in a million years. Nintendo dear god please save us tomorrow.
2 hours and there was like 2 or 3 interesting things.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Caryslan

Platypus wrote:

Well, they did say there are over a 100 games coming to the platform.

Of course, it would have been nice if they had shown something off.

And for the love of god, I hope those games are not more port from other systems. What the Vita needs now are major original games, not ports of games that have already been on the PS3 or 360 for years.

Caryslan

Gamecubed

Finally got my computer working and caught the last bit of the show.

I screamed and then had a flood of fangirl tears when i saw Uncharted 4. And I'm back into the "I'm getting a PS4 in 2015" mindset. For that, I'll give Sony a C+
Other than that, I was a bit underwhelmed. I was waiting for that freaking Powers guy to get off the stage. Like dear god...

All eyes on Nintendo tomorrow.

Gamecubed

cookiex

Platypus wrote:

Since there were not one Vita exclusive in sight, probably.

cookiex

iKhan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Alright Sony you get a D+. I want to give you a C but that would mean it was average and that was… not even average. So far Microsoft is winning it this year. I never thought i'd say that in a million years. Nintendo dear god please save us tomorrow.
2 hours and there was like 2 or 3 interesting things.

I kind of want to give it a C because although the software was completely embarassing, even worse than EA's showing, the rest was actually pretty good. The new sharing features were interesting, Playstation TV seems like a snapshot of future gaming, and a fantastic entry into playstation, and Project Morpheus seems to be progressing well. The Ratchet and Clank movie doesn't look terrible like most VG movies, and Powers seems to fit the demographic a lot better than what Microsoft was trying to do with Xbox.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

cookiex wrote:

Platypus wrote:

Since there were not one Vita exclusive in sight, probably.

The question isn't when did they stop supporting Vita.

It's when did they START supporting Vita?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

Gamecubed wrote:

Other than that, I was a bit underwhelmed. I was waiting for that freaking Powers guy to get off the stage. Like dear god...

Am I the only person who thought Powers seems really cool?

cookiex

iKhan wrote:

There was no reason for them to devote so much time to it though.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

kkslider5552000

Ok, I was wrong...

LBP3 confirmed for 2014. Next gen confirmed for 2015.

it's kinda amazing how I can look at Sony's amazing showcase and just casually be like "lolnope, 2015"

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

cookiex wrote:

iKhan wrote:

There was no reason for them to devote so much time to it though.

I disagree. I think it's important to guarantee that it's actually a good series. That's incredibly important when you are launching something in a brand new way. Imagine if House of Cards was terrible, we'd really start to question Netflix as a viable TV platform. They really had to prove that they were having the creators work with the series in a smart way. And the pricing system's not bad, actually putting more value in the PS+ subscription.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.