Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 2,161

Blast

Peach64 wrote:

Sorry, but why do we always get people talking about colourful games being a good fit for Nintendo consoles? I keep seeing it come up in regards to Kingdom Hearts 3 too. Wonderful 101 was about as colourful and cartoony as it gets and flopped bad. If it's not made by Nintendo, it doesn't sell on Nintendo is a pretty accurate statement, doesn't matter how colourful the game is.

... Just because a game flops regarding sales... DOES NOT MEAN ITS A BAD GAME!!! The CONTROLS were also a issue that many people couldn't deal with regarding W101. Its awesome but it had its flaws.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

jariw

AlexSays wrote:

jariw wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

To be fair to them, they haven't been working on Battlefront nearly as long as Nintendo has with Zelda

IMO, Frostbite 3 (and to some extent Battlefield 4) is a part of the Star Wars Battlefront development cycle. Don't know if Zelda U will be reusing existing technology.

That's not really an opinion, its unfair way of distorting facts

According to you, some COD games have been in development 5+ years. That's wrong. Even new engines build off of pre existing technology, with your way of thinking the lines for every dev cycle are blurred.

The dev cycles are blurred. Game 2 based on a particular technology will go considerably faster to build than the first game. The development costs of an internal technology are split between all subsequent projects. That's part of the reason why there are so many sequels or games in similar styles.

jariw

iKhan

IceClimbers wrote:

So what would you rate Ubisoft's conference? I'm giving them a B-. Way better than EA's conference, not as good as Microsoft's.

From what I know about it, C. It wasn't the epic embarassment EA's was, but not particularly special.

Let's see what Sony can do.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

cookiex

HappyHappyist wrote:

Did anyone else see the WiiU Gamepad in the Division footage from the Ubisoft Conference? It was sitting on the girl's drawer.

I took a pic of the scene I think you're referring to.

Untitled

Edit: Doesn't really look like it, but if it were then it'd be a nice touch.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Gamer83

Well, I thought Ubisoft's press conference was pretty damn good. Really liked MS but Ubi is the one to top now.

Gamer83

Peach64

Blast wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

Sorry, but why do we always get people talking about colourful games being a good fit for Nintendo consoles? I keep seeing it come up in regards to Kingdom Hearts 3 too. Wonderful 101 was about as colourful and cartoony as it gets and flopped bad. If it's not made by Nintendo, it doesn't sell on Nintendo is a pretty accurate statement, doesn't matter how colourful the game is.

... Just because a game flops regarding sales... DOES NOT MEAN ITS A BAD GAME!!! The CONTROLS were also a issue that many people couldn't deal with regarding W101. Its awesome but it had its flaws.

I LOVE the Wonderful 101. Second best game on Wii U for me. I wasn't make a judgement on quality. I keep seeing people making the claim that colourful games will sell well on Nintendo consoles, but there's no evidence for it. Nintendo games sell well on Nintendo consoles.

Peach64

Offspring

I couldn't watch the stream but damn the comments were hilarious.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

cookiex

That Valiant Hearts trailer made me so sad.

cookiex

iKhan

Yeah, what were people impressed by in Ubi's conference? Barely anything unexpected, a whole lotta sequels and shooters. I mean it wasn't EA bad, but definitely far from impressive.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

HappyHappyist

cookiex wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

Did anyone else see the WiiU Gamepad in the Division footage from the Ubisoft Conference? It was sitting on the girl's drawer.

I took a pic of the scene I think you're referring to.

Untitled

Edit: Doesn't really look like it, but if it were then it'd be a nice touch.

yeah, that's it. The camera gets closer and you get more detail, but it's white, has a screen, and has buttons on the side of it. If it isn't a WiiU gamepad, It's a reference, probably.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

NavySpheal

@UGXWolf Hey, could you send me a link to the press conference? I'm going to miss it, and I don't wanna get spoiled. Send it through email? On this forum itself? Thanks.

3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
Buffalo wings are a gift from the gods themselves.

Shirma_Akayaku

Smash E3 Bingo
Untitled
So these are the possible thing that could happen?

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Peach64

Ubisoft wasn't too exciting, but most of what they showed looked nice. Far Cry 4 and Assassins Creed: Unity will probably be solid titles for this year. The Division and Rainbow Six look great too but will both be so far away. It would have been nice to see Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Peach64

IceClimbers

So far it's been an underwhelming E3 I think. There's still Sony and Nintendo though, and any surprise announcements later in the week.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Gamecubed

I watched a bit of the Ubisoft one, but not a lot. From what I saw and from what I've heard... I'd say C+.

Microsoft gets a B+ from me. It was pretty good. If Microsoft makes the XB1 lose a little weight by giving it a redesign, I'd really start to consdier looking into the system.

EA gets an F. The things people cared about didn't have much time to be shown and the rest was just sports. Also, why is Bruce Lee in a UFC game? That'd be like putting Fred Astaire in a Just Dance game. That doesn't seem right to me.

Gamecubed

Blast

Rosalina wrote:

Smash E3 Bingo
Untitled
So these are the possible thing that could happen?

HAHAHAH

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

cookiex

Last up for tonight, Sony. Nintendo tomorrow.

cookiex

HappyHappyist

I'm so exhausted from all the conferences today. I'm so pumped for the games shown by Ubisoft (besides the fitness game and Just Dance), R6 looks amazing.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.