Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 2,161

CaviarMeths

Twitch's chat box is full of people complaining about how long and boring this Battlefield demo is. I wonder what EA's expectations were for making everyone watch some Gamestop employees play a beta for an hour.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

cookiex

I don't even know how Scalebound is going to play but if I had an Xbox One I'd buy it in an instant cause Platinum Games.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Captain_Toad

What do yall think of them streamlining the E3 conferences for games only for EA and microsoft so far?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Retro_on_theGo

KeyMastar wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

I have no doubt most people on THIS forum will absolutely love what Nintendo do tomorrow, based on the reactions to Directs. The problem is, people on this forum have gone nuts for every bit of media Nintendo have done in the last 2 years but their console has still flopped hard. Nintendo need to do more than they've done in all those directs, more than they did last year. I'm kinda hopeful they understand and will be announcing a ton, but part of me is nervous that they think everything is fine and all they need to do is show Smash Bros and Zelda.

It doesn't matter how much nintendo does, unfortunately. This generation of 15-25 year old guys is already too full of idiots who blindly hate on nintendo because it is cool. Hopefully in a decade things will be better for ninty and others who pride themselves in their hardware innovation.

Yeah man it's totally blind! It has nothing to do with Nintendo desperately relying in Mario for the past 3 years, flat out ignoring some of their greatest IP's until recently, and have little to no third party support because they have no idea how to market a console.

IceClimbers

Good God, I feel a lot better about whatever Nintendo shows tomorrow. There's no way it can be worse than EA's.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

KeyMastar

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

KeyMastar wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

I have no doubt most people on THIS forum will absolutely love what Nintendo do tomorrow, based on the reactions to Directs. The problem is, people on this forum have gone nuts for every bit of media Nintendo have done in the last 2 years but their console has still flopped hard. Nintendo need to do more than they've done in all those directs, more than they did last year. I'm kinda hopeful they understand and will be announcing a ton, but part of me is nervous that they think everything is fine and all they need to do is show Smash Bros and Zelda.

It doesn't matter how much nintendo does, unfortunately. This generation of 15-25 year old guys is already too full of idiots who blindly hate on nintendo because it is cool. Hopefully in a decade things will be better for ninty and others who pride themselves in their hardware innovation.

Yeah man it's totally blind! It has nothing to do with Nintendo desperately relying in Mario for the past 3 years, flat out ignoring some of their greatest IP's until recently, and have little to no third party support because they have no idea how to market a console.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; the argument that nintendo's own marketing is entirely to blame for the failure of the wii u is literally the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Here is what I posted on the Wii U subreddit yesterday:

"That argument still baffles me. A company shouldn't have to say "Oh, and by the way, this is a new console!" in their ads. People should be smart enough to figure it out on their own. Xbox One is just as confusing of a name as Wii U to someone that doesn't know better (It is the same name with a word added after it. Not a number indicating it is the new version, but the word "one" which might very well lead someone who didnt know better to think it was the first xbox!), and they certainly havent gone in their ads and been like "Yo, check out this NEW!!!1!! console from microsoft!". It is the problem of retailers refusing to educate themselves on the product they are selling. There are far too many poopydoodoocacapoopledoople retailers that refuse to put up new signs for wii u displays and just leave their Wii signs up from last gen. That is the REAL problem, along with the fact that it is popular to hate nintendo right now.
Long story short, I disagree with your argument and think people need to stop flocking to it because a couple people said it and you can't come up with a reasonable explanation yourselves."
Knock it off with the profanity please, it is not welcome here — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

KeyMastar

AlexSays

Yep, people only dislike Nintendo because A) they're not smart enough or B) they want to be cool

You nailed it buddy

AlexSays

cookiex

IceClimbers wrote:

Good God, I feel a lot better about whatever Nintendo shows tomorrow. There's no way it can be worse than EA's.

You wouldn't believe how many tables I would flip if Zelda U was shown in the same cop-out form as Battlefront.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

shingi_70

None of you are true believers like @KeyMastar.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

WAT!

IceClimbers

cookiex wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

You wouldn't believe how many tables I would flip if Zelda U was shown in the same cop-out form as Battlefront.

OH GOD PLEASE NO.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CaviarMeths

This Dawngate stuff is actually the most interesting thing to come out of EA so far, in my opinion. This guy knows how to talk up his game.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

AlexSays

Playable Zelda would be a huge boost but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a trailer. I'll be awaiting this table-flipping if that's true lol

shingi_70 wrote:

lol

AlexSays

cookiex

Even Geoff Keighley wasn't impressed by EA.

Untitled

cookiex

AlexSays

To be fair to them, they haven't been working on Battlefront nearly as long as Nintendo has with Zelda

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.