Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 2,161

CaviarMeths

Microsoft: A- for surprising me with a very good conference and showing a good variety of games and genres.
EA: I have to give them an F for making what may have been otherwise interesting games look incredibly dull.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Peach64

EA's was kind of dull, but not sure what more they could have done. They have a ton of stuff very early in development, and they still showed us glimpses of it, like Battlefront, the Criterion game and Mirror's Edge. Would people prefer they didn't mention those games at all?

Peach64

iKhan

What does Nintendo need to do to top Microsoft?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

Peach64 wrote:

EA's was kind of dull, but not sure what more they could have done. They have a ton of stuff very early in development, and they still showed us glimpses of it, like Battlefront, the Criterion game and Mirror's Edge. Would people prefer they didn't mention those games at all?

When Ubisoft's conference doesn't suck, that will answer that.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jazzer94

iKhan wrote:

Show a great looking Zelda that pushes the Wii U to its limits, hey I can dream.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Gamecubed

Peach64 wrote:

I just have trouble understanding why they get their own conference if they have very little to show.

Gamecubed

AlexSays

They're the biggest publisher in the industry and sell more games than anyone, why would they not get their own conference?

They could literally only talk about sports and the Sims and it would be a success for them

AlexSays

kkslider5552000

iKhan wrote:

To top their conference, a ton.

To have more games I want to buy, not nearly as much. Especially since they got the most obvious Nintendo games out of the way last year.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

Jazzer94 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Show a great looking Zelda that pushes the Wii U to its limits, hey I can dream.

Show more Zelda than microsoft showed Halo. So show a trailer and gameplay footage,

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CaviarMeths

Peach64 wrote:

• All of the sports games look identical to last year's output.
  • Battlefield emulated Attack of the Clones by putting so much crap in the frame, but still managing to be incredibly boring.
  • I dunno I fell asleep for about a third of the conference. Shame, I apparently slept through the Dragon Age piece, which I was looking forward to.

It's like the managers at EA know that these games are popular, but have no idea why, so they just put them on the screen and say "Hey, this exists, it's a thing. Thanks."

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

DestinyMan wrote:

Why are some people having such little faith in Nintendo all of a sudden?

The 30 minute rumor is frightening. And Nintendo has had a bad habit of disappointing. I've only really been impressed by them twice since the Wii U launched. Once in January 2013, and once in December 2013.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

AlexSays

DestinyMan wrote:

Why are some people having such little faith in Nintendo all of a sudden?

Hey not all of us

I've always had such little faith in them

AlexSays

IceClimbers

kkslider5552000 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

To have more games I want to buy, not nearly as much. Especially since they got the most obvious Nintendo games out of the way last year.

The thing is though, we know of a lot of Nintendo's games. Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, X, Hyrule Warriors, Sonic Boom, Zelda U, NFP stuff, and possibly Pokemon ORAS.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

iKhan

IceClimbers wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

The thing is though, we know of a lot of Nintendo's games. Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, X, Hyrule Warriors, Sonic Boom, Zelda U, NFP stuff, and possibly Pokemon ORAS.

That's the biggest thing Nintendo has going for them. If they can show a steady lineup of quality titles through 2014, as well as some really impressive 2015 titles, I think they can manage to trump Microsoft. But they are going to need some surprises.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.