General Discussion Forum

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Showing 121 to 140 of 2,631

AuthorMessage

skywake

121. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Yes, we've established this at this point. Way to beat that horse to a bloody pulp. Regardless, the point remains that there's a lot of previously announced games and hinted games already in development, so I think it still probably will end up like 2013 to a lesser extent. Maybe we'll get one or two surprises if we're lucky, but there are FAR too many games that we already know about that we're still waiting on, I don't think they have much room for a lot of new announcements.

Actually no, go read the thread again. The point hadn't been driven home enough and besides, nobody had actually humiliated you with the announcement video which explicitly disproved your point.

As for the "FAR too many games that we already know about" bit. What games? There's X, Bayonetta 2, Smash and what, Yarn Yoshi, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem? Maybe one or two 3DS tites if we happen to include Mario Golf? Maybe Zelda if we include that as a "not-new" game? Lets just ignore the fact that at an average E3 Nintendo will talk about ~20 Nintendo published games. If they only have one or two more games then this would be the lightest E3 for Nintendo since 2008. Somehow I doubt it.

edit: Another thing. It's worth noting that NOA now has two ex-IGN employees behind the scenes. I wouldn't be shocked if some of the new approach here has something to do with that. Just maybe....
http://twitter.com/GCNStorm/status/461128818149687296

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

122. Posted:

@Bolt_Strike Considering that the majority of the games we know about are being developed primarily by third parties, that leaves a lot of room open for Nintendo's own devs and second party branches to work. Mario Kart's team won't have anything to show, yet, except possibly DLC confirmation. The Zelda team is already known to be showing up, so what else could Nintendo be up to? Might Retro have made a teaser or maybe are planning on announcing something? Maybe not. Maybe so. We don't know. That's kinda the point. There's no telling what else Nintendo may have up its sleeve.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

123. Posted:

skywake wrote:

As for the "FAR too many games that we already know about" bit. What games? There's X, Bayonetta 2, Smash and what, Yarn Yoshi, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem? Maybe one or two 3DS tites if we happen to include Mario Golf? Maybe Zelda if we include that as a "not-new" game? Lets just ignore the fact that at an average E3 Nintendo will talk about ~20 Nintendo published games. If they only have one or two more games then this would be the lightest E3 for Nintendo since 2008. Somehow I doubt it.

If you expect 20 games in an era where Nintendo has been struggling to release new games in a reasonable time frame, you're completely delusional. Nintendo is not going to show off that many, they probably have their hands full with the games we already know about. Now what are those others you asked? The games that have not been formally announced, but hinted at. Zelda U is confirmed to be shown off, there's a Pikachu detective game being released in 2015, a new Mario game in development (Mario Galaxy 3, I guess?), possibly Miyamoto's IP and/or S.T.E.A.M., Pokken Fighters and Metroid if we're lucky. That's about 10 or so games, I don't think we'll get much more than that.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

124. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

This has been doing the rounds online source code from the Nintendo E3 page, could be more announced then we first thought though this should remain rumor for now.
Untitled

As others have said this is just there to get the site to show up in people's searches. It also has Wii at e3, you think they'll show new Wii content? Probably not. You think that Nintendo will want people searching for wii to land on that site? Definitely.

Yes I know it could very easily be that which is why I used the word rumor and speculated it could have something to do with QOL in a later post, the new Wii content could easily be the new Skylanders game just saying.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

125. Posted:

@Jazzer94 Why would Skylanders need a new game? They can just expand endlessly on the existing one. And I kinda doubt they'd show off new figurines at E3 when they have plenty of other things to talk about.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

skywake

126. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

If you expect 20 games in an era where Nintendo has been struggling to release new games in a reasonable time frame, you're completely delusional. Nintendo is not going to show off that many, they probably have their hands full with the games we already know about.

From wiki, notable (whatever that means) Nintendo games shown:
E3 2010: 24 shown, biggest games were probably Skyward Sword, DKCR
E3 2011: 14 shown, biggest game was probably 3D Land but they also announced Smash Bros
E3 2012: 10 shown but apparently 23 Wii U titles in total shown. (BTW, ZombiU? Rayman? Not Nintendo games ;) )
E3 2013: 17 games shown, including Pokemon, Zelda 3DS, DK:TF, Kart 8, 3D World, Smash....

about 20 or so

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Now what are those others you asked? The games that have not been formally announced, but hinted at. Zelda U is confirmed to be shown off, there's a Pikachu detective game being released in 2015, a new Mario game in development (Mario Galaxy 3, I guess?), possibly Miyamoto's IP and/or S.T.E.A.M., Pokken Fighters and Metroid if we're lucky. That's about 10 or so games, I don't think we'll get much more than that.

It kinda isn't, if you add our lists together and maybe a little bit of a buffer for a couple of 3DS games we just listed about 15 or so games off the bat. After that you say that we're only expecting maybe one or two surprise announcements? Well there's your "around about" 20 games already.

EAD itself produces between 5 and 10 games itself each year. Then there's Retro, Intelligent Systems, Monolith Soft, Creatures who all average about one game a year +/-. Then when you consider the fact that they'll probably talk about all of the games for the next 12 months plus a few extra that could be a bit further away. Maybe about 3/4 of the games between E3 and 2 years after?

Then ontop of that the possibility for talking about some games from third parties. Third parties I think can and should count sometimes. Eg I would count the talk about Rayman Legends at E3 2012 as a "Nintendo game" but I wouldn't have counted Assassin's Creed. Plus we already know about Platinum with Bayonetta 2, that counts, but maybe we'll see something from Level 5, Capcom, Sega? Not unlikely.

I think it's delusional to think that it won't sit fairly close to ~20 games.

Edited on by skywake

AuthorMessage

BenAV

127. Posted:

I quite like that Nintendo's deciding to do their own thing rather than just going along with what everyone else does.
Their online presentations work really well for showing off games and are really exciting to watch when the big announcements are there, and run a lot smoother than the stage shows (when there's no issues with the stream).
Also just the fact that they're calling it a "Digital Event" and not a "Direct" has me a little curious, it'll be interesting to see exactly how they go about it.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

128. Posted:

@UGXwolf They announced a new entry recently which will be on Wii so there is a.possibility that it could be shown in a highlight reel which is why Wii is listed.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

skywake

129. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

@UGXwolf They announced a new entry recently which will be on Wii so there is a.possibility that it could be shown in a highlight reel which is why Wii is listed.

meh, it's a bit of a stretch. Outside of Just Dance, Disney Infinity and Skylanders there hasn't been much of note on the Wii since ~2012. Mario Party 9 was the last Nintendo published title on the Wii that broke 1mill and that was two years ago.

AuthorMessage

cookiex

130. Posted:

Guaranteed:
Smash Bros
Zelda U
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
X
Sonic Boom
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Maybe:
Pikachu detective game
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Yarn Yoshi
Monolith Soft's 3DS game
Fatal Frame V

Low chance:
Retro Studios' next project
Team Galaxy's next Mario game

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

131. Posted:

Yarn Yoshi needs to be in E3. It's been more than a year since we last saw it. More than a year! Surely they have something new to show us in that length of time?

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

jariw

132. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Yarn Yoshi needs to be in E3. It's been more than a year since we last saw it. More than a year! Surely they have something new to show us in that length of time?

They kind of said that Yoshi will be there in the video. Look at around 4:00.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

133. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

Oh my god... Reggie just murdered a woman... HE'S THE MOST COLD-HEARTED BODY ON THE PLANET!!!!!
This confirms Reggie for SSB4 :P

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (both) + Wii U GameCube Adapter + Controller
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

134. Posted:

II wonder what system that trademark for the steam game was for.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/04/07/nintendo-files-code-name...

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Blast

135. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

II wonder what system that trademark for the steam game was for.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/04/07/nintendo-files-code-name...

HMMMMM...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Blast

136. Posted:

Guaranteed to be at E3 FOR WII U and the reasons why Nintendo are being so carefree and jolly right now
X
Bayonetta 2
Smash Bros
Legend of Zelda
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Sonic Boom
Hyrule Warriors
Yarn Yoshi
Mario Kart 8 (they will talk about this game more even though its gonna be out by then)
Indie games

MAYBE
Metroid U
Miyamoto's new IP
Mega Man Legends 3 exclusive
Devil's 3rd exclusive
Fatal Frame U
Animal Crossing U
Harvest Moon U
Nintendo 64 and DS games are coming to VC
A MAN CAN DREAM LIST
New Starfox
New F-Zero
Retro's new project gets shown
Some 3rd party games announced

Hahah those are my suspicions on whats going on at Nintendo.

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

137. Posted:

I've noticed lately that Nintendo likes to release news in the mornings.

I don't know about you, but I'm liking Nintendo's single-game Direct approach with surprise videos more and more with each one. I'm more interested than ever about what the Digital Event will be like.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

2Sang

138. Posted:

@blast
I think it's likely Retro's new project will be shown because they said they already had it in development. We might not see the game itself for another year, but I think it's safe to say we'll at least get a quick trailer or a few screen shots.

Please undastanding since 2012.
Shadow4SSB4 is the greatest person in the history of the internet. May god have mercy on his poor soul and also tell sakurai to add shadow, silver, and big the cat to smash.

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

139. Posted:

@cookiex: I'm also hoping we get to know more about Monolith's 3DS game.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

WebHead

140. Posted:

I can't wait to see what 3DS games get talked about/announced as well.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime