General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 9,981 to 10,000 of 10,482

AuthorMessage

SamSan37

9,981. Posted:

I just bought Solanin, What a Wonderful World, Volume 8 of Death Note, and the first two volumes of Claymore. What a great day!

3ds fc : 2320-6735-8560

Twitter: sanchezsamuel37

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

9,982. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

• Announcement of Gurren Lagaan to air starting August.

Yes!

Can't wait for this.

Console Usernames: Rc

Not an "LOL" this time, but pretty cool.

Ashley is best AT.

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Best Thing Ever

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

9,983. Posted:

I was rewatching daily lives of high school boys, oh man it's one of the funniest animes I've ever watched! :D
but it'd be nice if I could find another funny anime like it(I've already watched most of them I could find)

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Artwark

9,984. Posted:

Any idea when they are going to dub One piece from season 10 onwards? I can't help but not resist the story and humor the series has. Although I never understood why they used Japanese songs from season 9 onwards?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

RR529

9,985. Posted:

So, to those of you who watch Toonami, what shows do you think Gurren Lagaan & DBZ Kai will replace?

Personally, I think Gurren Lagaan will replace Blue Exorcist (given it's the next show ending), and DBZ Kai will replace Bleach (given the vague fall announcement).

The way I see it, Toonami is split into four sections:

1. The Big Rating Pullers - Here you have your hot new commodities (Attack on Titan - 2013, Space Dandy - Current) & biggest overall ratings grabber (Bleach, though anything DBZ related would likely outperform it, due to nostalgia).

2. Popular Long Running Shonen Stuffs - Naruto Shippuden & One Piece.

3. Popular Anime That Aren't "The New Thing", But Will Still Grab Attention - Blue Exorcist (2009) & Black Lagoon (2006). Gurren Lagaan would fit nicely here.

4. Padding Out The Block - All the anime reruns (Naruto, FMA:B), and borrowed CN stuffs (Batman, Samurai Jack, etc.).

Still, hopefully this means we're in for another surprise, since Black Lagoon will be ending a few weeks after Blue Exorcist.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

9,986. Posted:

SamSan37 wrote:

I just bought Solanin, What a Wonderful World, Volume 8 of Death Note, and the first two volumes of Claymore. What a great day!

Ah, I've been meaning to check out Solanin! Asian Kung-fu Generation did the theme to the movie and it is an amazing song. I've meat to read the manga since then but never got to it.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

9,987. Posted:

Not sure if this topic has been brought up in the past, but what are you guys favorite ED songs? Mine are:

Astro Boy (2003) - Boy's Heart
Baki the Grappler - Reborn
Bleach - Thank You!
Claymore - Danzai no Hana
Cowboy Bebop - The Real Folk Blues
Cyborg 009 (2001) - Genesis of Next
Eyeshield 21 - A Day Dreaming
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Uso
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Lithium Flower
Le Chevalier D'Eon - Over Night
Matantei Loki Ragnarok - Believe in Heaven
Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team - 10 Years After
Naruto Shippuden - Mayonaka no Orchestra
One Piece - Shinning Ray
Outlaw Star - Hiro no Tsuki
RahXephon - Yume no Tamago
RIN - Daughters of Mnemosyne - Cause Disarray
Rurouni Kenshin - Heart of Sword
Samurai Champloo - Shiki no Uta
Sorcerous Stabber Orphen - Last Kiss
S-CRY-ed - Drastic my Soul
The Book of Bantorra - Light if Dawn Annabel
The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke - Brand New Eden
Trigun - Kaze-wa Mirai-ni Fuku
Yu Yu Hakusho - Homework ga Owaranai & Unbalanced Kiss
Zettai Karen Children - Soushuunhu

That sure is a lot.:P I think I have more, so I add more later.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

9,988. Posted:

FMA:B has two of my favorite ending songs ever.
Uso by SID and Let it Out by Miho Fukahara.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RR529

9,989. Posted:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Not sure if this topic has been brought up in the past, but what are you guys favorite ED songs? Mine are: ...

That's a really tough one to answer. I'm sure there have been plenty of ED songs I've liked, but I've never really paid that much attention to them, so I can't name anything off the top of my head.

If anything, I know more of the OP songs I like, but even then, I've never bothered looking up their actual names, or who sings them.

BTW, this goes for games for well, where the quality of a game's/anime's soundtrack for some reason just flies by unnoticed by me, until someone mentions that this game/anime has good music, I go back to it and am like, huh, how come I've never noticed this before?

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

9,990. Posted:

This anime is possibly the weirdest i ever seen.
Untitled
It has slapstick, a skating girl, a fat bully, a kid who gets punched in the groin by is sister, and a girl farting. It's just.... random.

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。
Rebooted YouTube Channel (Under Contruction) | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena | The Malleogerry (Still needs some updating)

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

9,991. Posted:

I have a question for all of you guys: do have a physical anime collection? If you do, why; if you don't, why not?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

9,992. Posted:

nope, DVDs and other physical medias are only dubbed here(as far as I know they're also pretty hard to find) and I hate PT-BR dubs because even grown ups usually have childish voices

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Nazo_no_Hikari

9,993. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Toonami Saturday night!

Attack on Titan - Tense & dire episode, though that seems to be the series in a nutshell, from what little of it I've seen.

Bleach - Meh...

Space Dandy - This was a pretty funny episode.

Naruto Shippuden - The chase finally ended, and they beat the crud out of the villain, though he has seemed to escape at the last moment...

One Piece - Once again, our heroes are soundly trounced by the members of CP9. It appears all heck's about to break loose soon, as they're arriving at Enies Lobby. Can't wait for all the action.

Blue Exorcist - Let's see. The Vatican is purging the world of demons with blood sucking weapons invented by Count Dracula (well, that's what they inferred), and using all that demon blood, they're going to open a gate to Hell (by sacrificing the devil's son in a ceremony), only to bomb the crap out of it with a WMD known as "The Messiah"... (I get it now! This is clearly a South Park plot cleverly disguised as an anime!!)

Black Lagoon - Crazy good action tonight. Loved the fat guy with the flamethrower (he was like some sort of twisted Hank Hill in some ways). Surprising twist about the "nun" character, too. Hope that Chinese woman doesn't end up dying, though.

Oh, and lot's of announcements tonight (most through a Q & A segment):

• Promo for the Enies Lobby arc of One Piece was shown off.
  • Announcement of Gurren Lagaan to air starting August.
  • Announcement of DBZ Kai Uncut airing this fall.

So basically in One Piece, one of the members in CP9 learns how to make a door in thin air and make it into the next destination behind someone.. This will equal to http://i.imgur.com/gDQk9GQ.gif

Don't even bother reading this signature. Wait, you're reading this signature aren't you? (¬_¬)

私のなまえ謎の光です。

My name is The Mysterious Light (Nazo no Hikari). I still go by the name NintenNess, but you can call me either way.

Nintendo Network ID: NintyNess

AuthorMessage

RR529

9,994. Posted:

GuardianKing wrote:

I have a question for all of you guys: do have a physical anime collection? If you do, why; if you don't, why not?

Do I have one? - No (unless you count the Godzilla & Tokyopop "Sampler" mangas I've picked up at a local second hand shop)

Why Not? - Generally seems a bit expensive (and I currently don't have much money), and though I'm in my early 20's (and can buy whatever I want), my parents don't know I watch anime (other than DBZ), so I'd be a bit nervous, lol.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

9,995. Posted:

Anime is way too expensive. I already have a collection of Digimon figures, Pokemon plushes, and retro games. There's just no room for anime.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

9,996. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

GuardianKing wrote:

Do I have one? - No (unless you count the Godzilla & Tokyopop "Sampler" mangas I've picked up at a local second hand shop)

Why Not? - Generally seems a bit expensive (and I currently don't have much money), and though I'm in my early 20's (and can buy whatever I want), my parents don't know I watch anime (other than DBZ), so I'd be a bit nervous, lol.

I know what you mean, my parents know I watch anime, but it just feels too awkward to even try to tell them the ones I watch for some reason(I mean even my sister and my little cousin know the animes I watch there's nothing wrong with that, it just feels embarassing when my parents get involved)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

9,997. Posted:

Only have a few DVDs that my two bros gave them to me:

Metropolis
Air Gear
RahXephon (Complete Series)
2 DVD boxes of Detective Conan
Area 88 (2004)
Astro Boy (2003)
Cyborg 009 (2001)
Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Orphen
Blue Submarine No. 6
Samurai 7
Castle in the Sky
Beck
Lupin The 3rd Part ll
Macross Plus
Kiki's Delivery Service (VHS)

As others have already said, money is a issue for me. Anime isn't much of a priority for me.

Edited on by ShadowFox254

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

9,998. Posted:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Metropolis
Air Gear
Area 88 (2004)
Astro Boy (2003)
Cyborg 009 (2001)
Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Orphen
Blue Submarine No. 6
Samurai 7
Castle in the Sky
Beck
Lupin The 3rd Part ll
Macross Plus

As others have already said, money is a issue for me. Anime isn't much of a priority for me.

That's still pretty impressive of a collection though! :O

All I have is the Spice & Wolf Complete Series (DVD+Blu-Ray) and Soul Eater (Blu-Ray).

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Nazo_no_Hikari

9,999. Posted:

GuardianKing wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Metropolis
Air Gear
Area 88 (2004)
Astro Boy (2003)
Cyborg 009 (2001)
Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Orphen
Blue Submarine No. 6
Samurai 7
Castle in the Sky
Beck
Lupin The 3rd Part ll
Macross Plus

That's still pretty impressive of a collection though! :O

All I have is the Spice & Wolf Complete Series (DVD+Blu-Ray) and Soul Eater (Blu-Ray).

:O All I have is nothing but anime movies.

I have:
Akira
One of Yu Yu Hakosho movies
Full Metal Alchemist (I don't remember the title, I think it was stars and rondo of blood or something, Idk. -_-)

Don't even bother reading this signature. Wait, you're reading this signature aren't you? (¬_¬)

私のなまえ謎の光です。

My name is The Mysterious Light (Nazo no Hikari). I still go by the name NintenNess, but you can call me either way.

Nintendo Network ID: NintyNess

AuthorMessage

RR529

10,000. Posted:

Actually, if we're counting movies, I think my older brother has saved some VHS tapes that we recorded some of the DBZ movies & all the InuYasha movies on (back when they were initially shown on Toonami & AS), and they're still deep within his closet somewhere, lol (though, we don't have a VHS anymore).

Not official releases, though.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)